Moultrie m80

I have 2 m80 cameras last year I noticed the camera batteries weren't lasting very long and this year it has gotten worse is there anything I can do with them

Comments

• @kurtm Unfortunately, as with all electronics, things start to go wonky after years of use. I can't say for sure what the problem might be, but here are some tips to keep squeezing some life out of the camera:

• Make sure that anytime you place an SD card in the camera it is formatted from within the camera
    • Use good, brand name batteries - we recommend Energizer lithiums, but Energizer Alkalines work also
    • Turn up your detection delay (how long between pictures) and if your camera has Motion Freeze, turn that OFF.

Hope these tips help, if you have any other questions please don't hesitate to reach out to us and we'll do our best to work things out.

• I've tried a lot of that already does a guy have to reprogram them or is it just time to buy new had for 4 years
  • @kurtm We can't really re-program them unfortunately. If the above tips don't help you, degradation over time or a myriad of other things could be behind the sudden battery drain. The drain slowly getting worse would point to me to be something beginning to short out and/or the camera not properly going into sleep mode (which would be a main processor problem) which is causing the batteries to stay in a state of constant discharge.

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.