Standard feeder

The opening on the feeder is to narrow and constantly blocks up preventing feed from coming out. How do i stop this from happening? my feeder is 30 miles away, im not driving there every day to stick my finger in the hole to loosen it so i can work for 5 of the 13 seconds it goes off.

Comments

• What type of feed are you putting in the feeder?

• Don't expect your Moultrie feeder to last much over a year. They replaced one for me right after the beginning of general gun deer season in Georgia last year. The replacement is now a good boat anchor.

Standard feeder was replaced with the double six volt feeder, which in just over a year has stopped spinning. 100% batteries and when I try to test it, it just sits there.

Good darn luck asking customer service or finding a telephone number for them.

• the one at my house it just corn, that i have to unclog atleast 4 times a week, the one at my camp is corn/protein pellets, that needs to be unclogged daily. I put the Prohunter kit in it and took the crappy standard kit out and it finally works well on the camp one. But just corn in the other one still still clogs up 90 percent of the time half way through a cycle. Between the problems with this feeder and the lack of help from customer service, and the problems with my expensive moultrie trail cameras and lack of response from customer service, moultrie is very close to losing a customer of 12 years.

• @Bob_Macfarlane said:
    Don't expect your Moultrie feeder to last much over a year. They replaced one for me right after the beginning of general gun deer season in Georgia last year. The replacement is now a good boat anchor.

Standard feeder was replaced with the double six volt feeder, which in just over a year has stopped spinning. 100% batteries and when I try to test it, it just sits there.

Good darn luck asking customer service or finding a telephone number for them.

The one I have is about 2 years old now I believe. I will say, I don't pay any attention to the battery meter. It will say a high percentage of battery remaining but it's not accurate. If I test the battery, it's dead. Stick a new one in the feeder and it comes back to life again. Just thought I'd throw that out there (no pun intended)

• I've had 4 Moultrie feeders over the years. The "standard" model is the only one I've had a problem with. The diameter of the hole is simply too small. I took a serrated knife and widened it out some and it seems to be working fine now. It seems hard to believe that as many of these feeders that they probably sell they would make a feeder where the hole was definitely too small for the corn to run out properly.