Greenhorn

I'm not a hunter! I purchased a Moultrie Panoramic 180i to track critters visiting our backyard.
The camera is not recording the temperature accurately. I recently updated the firmware hoping it would fix the problem. We live in Niagara Falls, NY. Our temperatures yesterday dropped from 58F and rain to 11F today with 8" of new snow but the camera indicated 81F to 45F respectively. Any feedback would be helpful!

Comments

• I have never come across any camera by any manufacturer that takes an accurate temperature reading.

• Good to know, thanks for the help!

• also not a hunter. anyway to take pix just at nite?

• edited July 27

@loris said:
    also not a hunter. anyway to take pix just at nite?

I am not familiar with any current Moultrie cam that can be set to just take pics at night.

• also finding that it is too easily triggered by the motion of wispy thin leaves on trees. hope we can make this work!

• we were able to find the time of day setting so that we could set it to start operating at 8pm but it didnt seem to let us set a 'stop filming' time past midnight. hmm..would like it to stop filming around 7 am

• @loris said:
    we were able to find the time of day setting so that we could set it to start operating at 8pm but it didnt seem to let us set a 'stop filming' time past midnight. hmm..would like it to stop filming around 7 am

Sounds like you are using time lapse mode, what model camera do you have (A30, M40, s50i, etc)?

• mcg-12693/product name m-880i gen 2

• Looking at the manual for your cam it looks like you could get it to take night only images like you want if you were to use motion dectect+time lapse mode. Set time lapse to the desired time you want the cam to operate. Then I would set the time lapse to the highest delay setting(30 mins). It would automatically take a pic every 30 minutes, but would take pics when motion is detected the rest of the time. I don't use time lapse, but looking at the manual this should work.