Help no notifications!

Idk what happened but haven’t gotten any motion notifications over a day now ! Upped my package to Med now and still nothing Any advise

Comments

• @trophywife said:
    Idk what happened but haven’t gotten any motion notifications over a day now ! Upped my package to Med now and still nothing Any advise

Are you still not getting any pictures?

• Yes I am now but do I need to set limit warnings to the limit of my Med size package in order to get pic
  • Help.i have a A30 trail camera and I want to set it to see only pictures of people coming on my property. How do I set it up. I only want motion pictures..please respond anyone. Ty.
  • I would see it on immediate motion settings That drains your battery more but at least u will get notified if something f moves
  • @carolannbest said:
    Help.i have a A30 trail camera and I want to set it to see only pictures of people coming on my property. How do I set it up. I only want motion pictures..please respond anyone. Ty.

You will want the camera set to "Motion" only and then the Modem set to "Immediate". This means the camera will only take a picture when it is tripped by motion. Then, the camera will talk to the modem and send the picture. (normally a few minutes delay from capture to receipt)

• Ty for you response.where do you set to motion. Where is the modem immediate set. I am hoping to get this trail camera to work. We had 2 breakins since Thursday...camera is an Moultrie A30. Ty
  • Also I put it on ..1photo low resolution...is that correct. Ty
  • @carolannbest the A30 doesn't have Time Lapse so you're automatically set on motion. I missed that originally in your question, I apologize for the confusion.

Resolution could be set to low or high, that will just depend on how high of quality you want on the actual photo it takes.

Since I assumed wrong before, let me clear an additional assumption up as well. Do you have a Moultrie Modem attached to the A30?

• Hi I only have the trail camera...I put the detection delay setting on at 1 minute...I changed the settings capture mode to Lo 📷 3.
    I am wondering if this will work. I need to set this trail camera up for security because of the breakins....
    Do you have any suggestions....I appreciate your comments ty.
  • Ok, now we're getting somewhere.

If you're not using a modem and you're monitory for break-ins, my suggestion would be to set the detection delay for 0 seconds or even consider using video. The logic being that you REALLY want to get a good picture of the person breaking in. Video would be even better.

That being said, there's nothing stopping the thief from stealing the camera as well so you might want to consider hiding it well.

My suggestion would be to test it at your house. Get it set up to your preference, then walk back in front of it a few times. Turn off the camera, remove the SD card and then view the pictures on your computer. If it works to your preference, then install it in the location you wish to observe.

Just to be clear, you will not receive any notifications when a picture is taken. You will need to view the SD card to see the pictures.

• Hi..I have been setting it at 5:00 minutes doesn't work to suit me...no night pictures shown....I just set it to 1:00 minute...and I will see how that works..
    With Lo camera 1 resolution.
    I would just like to set it and leave it...
    I have it hidden...but who knows...if the theives will find it...we had 2 breakins in last week...the first time in years....puts us all on edge.
    Ty again.
  • Use high resolution, high PIR, 3 triggered or 3 burst or Video, 0-10 second delay.

Hate to have you capture an image only to see a blurry picture of the back of someones head. High resolution... makes for a clearer image for targets at a distance. High PIR makes the camera trigger more sensitive to heat sensing and more likely to trigger the camera to capture an image. As for the capture mode, when dealing with intruders, the more pictures the better... video is best. I'm assuming this is near a home or cabin so you really shouldn't be getting a lot of pictures of deer/turkeys/squirrels/etc so battery life should be the least of your concerns... put in Lithium AA and should last all year when taking pictures only.

My 2 cents... good luck.

• Ty donkey appreciate you comments..I will set it on high resolution.
    High resolution 1 or 3????
    I bought also a HD trail camera....
    Any suggestions on hidding these cameras so they don't get stolen first..Ty again...