Camera placement

Ok, so I placed my camera this morning in a cleared section of cutover from last season that I used. It's facing Southwest at this point and is taking pictures non stop. I've set it to five minute delay until I get out of work so I can face it direct North and hope this stops the unnecessary data dump. Any suggestions out there

Comments

• No idea really. Sun isn't bright. Nothing big enough to set it off. Maybe that white patch of earth is absorbing heat or something. Or the tree its on isn't moving in the breeze?

• I have it attached to a pressure treated 1" decking board, with a to e to keep the damn lense from fogging up. Rainx doesn't work
  • > @donejones said:
    > No idea really. Sun isn't bright. Nothing big enough to set it off. Maybe that white patch of earth is absorbing heat or something. Or the tree its on isn't moving in the breeze?

That's 130# of corn
  • In the woods it's perfectly fine
  • edited November 1

Hahaha maybe the corn is more than it can handle. It's generating it's own heat fermenting in the sun. At least yours is taking pics. 3 people can walk in front of mine, or 3 deer and it may not take a single pic.

Mines on 3 triggered 0 delay with no pic in 36 hrs before the rain on a nice green plot.

• Yikes. Honestly mine has improved greatly once I added the twelve volt battery box for power. Not sure if that has anything to do with it or not but it's been acting they way it should for a little while now. Only issues I've had is with app lately. Time out and not sending text notifications
  • edited November 1
    It's not fermenting yet . Acorns are about gone and might get rain tomorrow so we'll see soon enough. Just placed corn today. NC weather is hit or miss but we have a warm spell now. Coming back into the 60/40 weather soon again. Rut is just starting to warm up here. Target buck is at the taxi and trying to find another for my hunting partner out here
  • I got the box on mine as well. When mine wakes up it works fine. It will catch shadows sometimes, even a bird in flight. Then I'll sit 60 yards from it and watch deer walk less than 20 yards with no pic. It's great when it wants to work.

• That's a nice deer for sure. The rain is over us now in west Ga. They are starting to roam around here pretty good. Big ones will show up in daylight soon.

• edited November 1

I would say it's catching motion of something blowing in the wind. Likely some of the vegetation in the foreground. Maybe try setting the PIR sensitivity to low.

The other possibility is that if you've used something to clean or add protection to the lens or sensors, that may be affecting the performance.

• > @RocklockHunter said:
    > I would say it's catching motion of something blowing in the wind. Likely some of the vegetation in the foreground. Maybe try setting the PIR sensitivity to low.
    >
    > The other possibility is that if you've used something to clean or add protection to the lens or sensors, that may be affecting the performance.

The ir sensitivity in the A30i can't be adjusted I don't think. I used some rain x on the lense but not motion sensor I just moved it to have direct North but stayed putting on me so I'll have to adjust to 100% tomorrow afternoon