MV2 availability

2»

Comments

• Yeah probably just needs the MV1 to check back in again. Maybe

• @Ninjaneer said:
    @dpekera I wonder if it's thinking the same camera is hooked up to each modem. I.E. when the MV1 checks in, it shows the MV1, and when the MV2 checks in, it flips it over.

I believe that to be the case, I just reinstalled firmware into mv2 camera, some kind of ID number is attached? to camera when firmware is installed and that mv2 was recognizing this as the camera attached to mv1 AND mv2 once the mv1 checks in tonight at some point when the does start eating the corn it should then be able to check settings and see each individual modem and camera settings
    At least that's what I heard

• @donejones said:
    Yeah probably just needs the MV1 to check back in again. Maybe

Granted it's all of a ten minute drive and 5 minute walk to jump in front of it but the girls should do the job in a couple hours

• 30 degree drop in temps from monday to today so i would imagine they should hit the corn hard tonight with the rain and snow moving in this weekend , Raleigh NC area

• @Ninjaneer said:
    @dpekera I wonder if it's thinking the same camera is hooked up to each modem. I.E. when the MV1 checks in, it shows the MV1, and when the MV2 checks in, it flips it over.

Once the MV2 checked when I set it up , it took over and should square itself away once the MV1 checks in tonight

• I got a couple pics mid day. Turkeys out there now. Nothing yesterday in the wind. They have some food plot left, 10 pounds of minerals one has found. I guess the 100 lbs of corn is gone. 26 tonight. Should get some pics the next 48 yrs or so.

• > @donejones said:
    > I got a couple pics mid day. Turkeys out there now. Nothing yesterday in the wind. They have some food plot left, 10 pounds of minerals one has found. I guess the 100 lbs of corn is gone. 26 tonight. Should get some pics the next 48 yrs or so.

That's quite the generous timeframe for getting pictures
  • Wind today, light thurs and fri, rain sat. = pics i hope
  • But 48yrs? LoL....... Update. Young doe just came in to corn for picture and all is good with reading multiple cameras
  • Ya got me lol
  • So the neighborhood spot I put 100lbs at and purchased the 780? Picture plan took three days to fill up. LoL
  • edited December 2018

So you got lots of pics? Of corn eaters. Better 1 shot it with 5 min delays or get the mega plan. lol I guess that 4g and faster uploads makes for more camera action.

• It's also a new area and those neighborhood deer don't get hunted hardly at all. Will fill the freezer nicely. And they'll probably become much more nocturnal by this time next week 😉
  • I'll move this camera to another location this weekend. Just over two weeks left in season and no reason to pay the big plan now. More for scouting the last couple weeks
  • Our season doesn't go out until Feb 10th

• > @dbryant1972 said:
    > Our season doesn't go out until Feb 10th

September 8th till January 1st until Urban archery Jan 13-Feb 17th
  • Out of stock everywhere

• > @dbryant1972 said:
    > Out of stock everywhere

I could be wrong but I believe moultrie is going away from the external modem and going all in one see the post about new cameras
  • Well if the all in one is cheap as the external it cancels out its purpose. I just want a few of something. lol

• I hope it's just another option. Alot of camera compatability being thrown out the window if they discontinue the mv2 right after releasing it.

• @dbryant1972 said:
    I hope it's just another option. Alot of camera compatability being thrown out the window if they discontinue the mv2 right after releasing it.

Agreed, that doesn't make a lot of business sense. I think they're simply adding to their line.

• One advantage of having the modem seperate from the camera is that you can move it around the tree to achieve the best signal without affecting where the camera is aiming. A couple it times, I had the modem on the back side of the tree and the camera on the front. When the modem was on the front with the camera, I barely had a signal. I don't really see how those other brands of cellular cameras even work at times, considering the antenna can't be moved for optimum signal strength.
  • @SwampHunter said:
    One advantage of having the modem seperate from the camera is that you can move it around the tree to achieve the best signal without affecting where the camera is aiming. A couple it times, I had the modem on the back side of the tree and the camera on the front. When the modem was on the front with the camera, I barely had a signal. I don't really see how those other brands of cellular cameras even work at times, considering the antenna can't be moved for optimum signal strength.

Good point. I usually put a stick behind mine to lean the antenna out away from the tree.

• I doubt Moultrie will completely get rid of the external modem - it will likely live on in some form for quite awhile, as there is just too much potential customers to be lost by getting rid of it (I.E. anyone who has a moultrie camera from 2015+)

• That's exactly what I thought. I have alot invested in compatible cameras for use with the modem.

• I’m on the fence whether I want to buy 2 MV2s and keep rocking my current cameras or take the dive and get 2 XV7000i integrated cameras. If I get two integrated cameras I’ll have 4 good functioning cameras sitting not being used. If I get two MV2 modems I can keep using my M40 and D50 cameras. Problem is once those cameras go out, will Moultrie still have stand alone cameras compatible with Moultrie mobile MV2 modem.
  • edited January 10

I'd put MV2's with my better cameras like the S50i and M40i. They got all kinds of cameras on the products page, just not in stock yet. And they are compatible.

https://www.moultriefeeders.com/products/cameras/game-cameras

• @UTGrad said:
    ....Problem is once those cameras go out, will Moultrie still have stand alone cameras compatible with Moultrie mobile MV2 modem.

It would be business suicide to orphan a significant portion of your customer base who has a lot of money invested in the Mobile side by not offering compatible products for the MV2/MA2. I don't see Moultrie taking that path.