Comments

• Hmm, that looks pretty good. A big combined data package and it will be great to have a few.

• Looks like Moultrie is dropping the mv2 only one place lists it as available and it isn't in stock there. Looks like they are going to the combined unit. If the suggested price of $179 is correct they will sell a boat load.

• Yeah, I liked the separate units until I saw the price. That will work as long as it has time lapse and all. I utilize that a lot regulating data and mainly during turkey season watching openings. B&H has them listed at $165, but not in stock.

• Probably will not be available until early 2020 the way Moultrie operates.

• I think that cat was let out of the bag quite a wile ago.

http://forums.moultriefeeders.com/discussion/1593/x-series-cameras#latest

I see MV2s everywhere around here. I would be surprised if Moultrie would invest that much into updating the MV2 and then discontinue it a year later. My assumption would be that this is just another product offering.

• They didn't say much of anything about that cat though, other than X. Academy shows MV2's.

• edited December 2018
    Everywhere online shows out of stock. Even out of stock on moultrie. Most of the big retailers don't even show the mv2 at all now. Academy may have some stock left.
  • They may be having trouble keeping up with sales with the Christmas gift giving rush.

I was in Bass Pro, Academy and Cabela's over the weekend and they all had them in stock.

• @donejones said:
    They didn't say much of anything about that cat though, other than X. Academy shows MV2's.

I would say either Moultrie was teasing people or the person ordering boxes got a bit ahead of the game. ;)

• I'd say we were left wondering with the first cat. Now there's an article with some info on it. Maybe we can hear from the horse soon.

• edited January 9

I don't think they have any plan to discontinue the MV2. They appear to be adding AT&T options in both the individual modem (MA2) and combined camera/modem unit.

http://www.gameandfishmag.com/editorial/ata-show-new-trail-cameras-2019/330526#

• @rom828q said:
    I don't think they have any plan to discontinue the MV2. They appear to be adding AT&T options in both the individual modem (MA2) and combined camera/modem unit.

http://www.gameandfishmag.com/editorial/ata-show-new-trail-cameras-2019/330526#

That looks pretty good to me. Just 2 1/2 yrs ago I was buying a 200 dollar camera to go with a 200 dollar modem. Can't wait to get pics from a few spots.

• I'm sure I will get one-because I love trying new technology. But the MV2 works a lot better for us, in our situation.

Bears love to make them chew toys. If one decides to tear one up, I can attach a new camera and be back up and running in less than 24 hours. With the all-in-one, I may be out completely or at a minimum a month or more for a repair.

I'm glad Moultrie is offering both. I can see benefits to both for sure.

• The bear are drawn to my cameras like honey. Luckily haven't torn anything up by a modem antenna. I use the security boxes and the cable locks.
  • New camera models are on moultrie website now.
  • Anyone know when they will be available for purchase?
  • Guess not
  • Same website has the MV2 expected date of Feb 27th