Will Moultrie continue to support the MV1?

I have the MV1 and it works okay for me. I don't necessarily need or want the MV2's capabilities. Does Moultrie plan to continue support/operation of thier first modems? Will the MV1 still work without active support? I'm not really ready to "upgrade" when I don't want or need it. Especially at the tune of $120+.

Comments

• Suppose to work until the end of this year. But, that depends on Verizon I guess.

• Like @donejones said, Moultrie put out a memo at some point (It's somewhere around here) saying it would continue to work until the end of the year, but that entirely relies on Verizon. Given that they are sunsetting the network, I wouldn't be surprised if they were no longer 'fixing' 3G towers anymore, so your mileage may vary depending on where you are.

• > @Ninjaneer said:
    > Like @donejones said, Moultrie put out a memo at some point (It's somewhere around here) saying it would continue to work until the end of the year, but that entirely relies on Verizon. Given that they are sunsetting the network, I wouldn't be surprised if they were no longer 'fixing' 3G towers anymore, so your mileage may vary depending on where you are.

On this note, are they trying to retro fit the mv1 to 4G?
  • @dpekera I don't know that they can retrofit MV1s to 4G (It's hardware locked to 3G), but they've released an updated model that is 4G instead of 3G.

https://www.moultriefeeders.com/moultrie-mobiletm-mv2-cellular-field-modem

• I have the mv2. As well as what will probably be a paperweight come end of next season. Unless they come up with something besides "oh friggin well" once 3G is out. Hopefully there is some kind of upgrade offer from Moultrie when that time comes.