S-50i how to schedule motion detection

I want to set my S-50i to only record motion between 6pm and 7am.

I used to do this on my M-999i by setting a Time lapse schedule for the day time that I don't want motion to record with a 12 hr interval and use mode TL/Motion. When I try a similar schedule on the S-50i it never stops recording motion.

Any advice is appreciated.

Comments

• edited January 9

IF you want motion then you'd set one time lapse from 7am to 6pm, turn the second one to OFF. Make the interval 12 hrs on the time lapse. Or maybe do 6 hrs. 12 hr setting may be fooling it since its not TL active for a full 12 hrs to make it that far.

• Just tried the 6hr interval as well. It's still capturing motion. Wondering if my unit is defective or if the S-50i is not capable.

• edited January 9

No, I have it and ran it all last year. I ran single time lapses a lot this year with the M40i too. You have it set to Timelapse and Motion? I had a problem once with pm time lapse frame as my first one, and using the 2nd window for the morning one. It could have something to do with the 6 or 12 hr delays on an 11 hr sequence. Is it still taking the time lapse photos, as well as the motion inside the window?

Maybe Ninjaneer will see this and have some thoughts on it. Otherwise call the customer service and let them look in the info coming through. The biggest interval on sequences I've used is 1 hr. I have set it to one sequence of 12 hrs for a whole day when I didn't want to use any data without issues. I'd try a 12 on 12 off to see if it worked right

• The timelapse can be a bit tricky (and perhaps isn't explained well), because the timeframes can't overlap or something. My memory on the subject is a little fuzzy, but if you get a camera in hand you can see that the first sequence can only be set between A and B hours, and the second between Y and Z, and depending on the first one, the second changes... It's kind of crazy actually. I'll see if I can shake something loose from my contacts though and perhaps the interface for Timelapse can be improved a bit.

• I just tested with the following settings.
    TL Interval: 1 min.
    TL program 1: 8AM - 6PM
    TL program 2: off
    set to Motion/TL mode

Results: captures photo every minute and still captures motion.

• edited January 10

@kpayne said:
    I just tested with the following settings.
    TL Interval: 1 min.
    TL program 1: 8AM - 6PM
    TL program 2: off
    set to Motion/TL mode

Results: captures photo every minute and still captures motion.

I would consider you lucky. I always wanted motion option in the time lapse. lol. Especially on 5 minute intervals. TL mainly for plots with deer and turkey out of trigger range.

I can understand its not working like it suppose to though. Or how you want it. I got the very rare random in my TL over the last couple of years. Mainly on 5 mins or more intervals.

• Customer Service is now stating that the S-50i records motion 24/7 in motion/TL mode.

• edited January 10

Hmm nobody said anything about it. Same firmware as previous season. I didn't put my S50i on Mobile this year though. And haven't tried TL with it on its own.