W30i

I was at walmart and noticed a w30i... can someone tell me about this? I havnt been able to find much if any info on it.

I did like the price!

Comments

• It's an A30i. The W just means sold through Wal-Mart. Look closely at the box and it should say A series on it.

• Ok thanks.. is the a30i a good camera?.. what shooting modes does it have?
  • I have the low glow A30 and have really enjoyed the cam.
    Here is a review with sample pic and vids
    https://www.trailcampro.com/products/moultrie-a-30i?variant=27612257488

• Some pics from my A30

• Think my next camera won't be i series. Like the red flash nite pics a lot.

• I would like a red flash also... but im doing farm/home security
    And im wanting a good cam but a little not to $$
    I was looking.. they have a w35i also for $100. Whats the difference for the extra $20 and is it worth it?

Also walmart has a gamekeeper shadow 8mp made by covert.
    I cant fine many reviews or test pics.
    Anyone know how that stacks up to these two moultries listed here?
  • edited January 30

The 35 has more led's which gives it more flash range. I've seen that Covert at my Wal-Mart and I thought it was greatly overpriced. I've never found any real info on it either.

The red led's on the A30, m40, and m50 are extremely bright and noticeable and would easily be seen at night by a thief.

• If you are doing security you need one with an "i" on the end. So its not a visible flash. I could be wrong, but I don't know of a 35 camera with an "i" with it. I really like my A35's

• Yes it has to be invisible.

I have 3 m50i on the property now and really enjoy them.. i want more but want to save some money if possible. Thats when i noticed these w30i and w35i
  • Yes it's got the i. Haven't noticed that one, and it wasn't on the firmware page. Give it a shot.

• I have a M50i and i love it it is invisible flash on it although you can still see a very faint red glow to it. otherwise its a great camera.

• Testing out the w30i
    Day pics are very much like the m50i from what i can tell.
    Night pics seem to be a little darker and a little bit more motion blur... but hard to say for sure.
    My main head scratcher is the detection.
    In this sample picture it gets triggered stepping off the porch as seen here.
    I have also gotten 2 pictures triggered right at the front window (hard to make out person there but does trigger)
    But it will not seem to trigger when you are at the door?
  • Testing out the w30i
    Night pics seem to be a little darker and a little bit more motion blur... but hard to say for sure.
    I have also gotten 2 pictures triggered right at the front window (hard to make out person there but does trigger)
  • Testing out the w30i
  • Example
  • edited February 9
    So now i cant post a picture?
  • Example
  • I've had a bear seen the red LED, get irritated and charge the camera - interesting photos though.