Have about had it with this crap

This can't possibly just be my issue. Since season started I've had issues with the mv-2 showing low battery at times first one I sent back was labeled as defective and replaced. Again with the same problem. My second mv-2 had the same issue. That one also replaced. Just put it the "new" modem and this morning get the SAME DAMN NOTICE OF LOW BATTERY. Will be putting out the other "New" modem tomorrow with the 8000i cameras I just setup. Can't wait to see the results 😤 . I feel I'm pretty much done and that's a shame. I'm not going to be swapping modems all damn season. Which is really all I've been doing since getting my new mv-2 this year. Personally I think it's in the Moultrie end of things. Considering I didn't have this issue with the mv-2 last season. It didn't start being a problem with that modem until this season.

Comments

• It's battery connection is 12volt box with splitter. When it first happens it was a straight connection to just the modem no splitter. Brand new batteries lithium .
  • I'm about to post a similar issue. I just received 3 new MV2's and all three having same issues. Starts up, shows low battery with brand new batteries in all three modems. Not sure what's going on but they can't all be defective. Wish I could talk to CS on a weekend when I have time to deal with this.

• Just throwing this out as a suggestion but why not just turn off the low battery notification. I've never used that feature. When they don't connect, I know the batteries have died.
  • > @RocklockHunter said:
    > Just throwing this out as a suggestion but why not just turn off the low battery notification. I've never used that feature. When they don't connect, I know the batteries have died.

I get it, but that's also like me teaching my daughter (Moultrie) not to learn from her mistakes.
  • > @mwschilling said:
    > I'm about to post a similar issue. I just received 3 new MV2's and all three having same issues. Starts up, shows low battery with brand new batteries in all three modems. Not sure what's going on but they can't all be defective. Wish I could talk to CS on a weekend when I have time to deal with this.

Mine connected two nights ago here at the house, but did TAKE FOREVER to stop flashing. 4 bars at house. Placed one yesterday, granted new location but it took forever. Cameras was taking pictures. When I would wake it up again. The pictures would transmit but nothing would come through for notification until about 10 minutes later. Got pissed drove home, new camera arrived 8000i . Set that up and it took forever to connect and transmit pics inside my house playing with the dog. Took that setup to swap before I went to work this morning. Walked into setup and got pics transmitted 😤 thank you but WTF! went to work not swapping setup. It did check in at 6:30 tonight but nothing since, but it's a new set so might take a couple days. I can't possibly be the only one having this issue. It has to be something like firmware. One of my mv-2 I sent back earlier was from last season and NEVER had this issue until this season.
  • > @dpekera said:
    >
    > I get it, but that's also like me teaching my daughter (Moultrie) not to learn from her mistakes.
    >

I get it, but if that will make life less stressful, then I say do it.

Moultrie has a lot bigger fish to fry. Feedback is good but I'm guessing this issue isn't anywhere near the top of the list.
  • I have similar problems with the MV1 modem. I've had it connected with the s50i camera and the Moultrie splitter to a 12V battery (always being charged by solar) and the modem battery voltage fluctuates every single check in. From 20% and low battery, to 80% and everywhere in-between. Yet the camera battery % is always 100%. Both devices have Energizer Lithium batteries in them.
    Even with the low battery warnings, it still checks in and works, so I ignore them.
    Not ideal, but there's not much I can do.