XV-7000i w/o Cellular

New here to Moultrie forums. I was given a XV-7000i for a gift this summer. The area where I hunt does not get any cell service on any of the carriers. Until I move to a new hunting location, is there a way to use this as a regular trail camera with just an SD card and switch out cards when I want to see photos?

Comments

• edited September 11

Wish I had an answer, but I don't own one yet. I guess there's no way to change settings on that one without it connected to the app? Maybe someone who has one will comment soon.

• Hey Shawn,

While I have not used the X series in this manner, I'm fairly confident it will take pictures that you could get off the card. The challenge would be that you won't be able to change any of the settings (delay, PIR ect) as those are all controlled via the app.

• He could set all the settings at home then take the camera to the woods.
  • But I guess if he doesn’t want to pay the monthly fee tho he is out of luck.
  • So I would be unable to access settings at home and then take out to the woods all together unless I get a monthly service?

• You may need to call Moultrie on what the presets are, or if the camera side would work without it connected. I imagine if its searching for a server or signal it may run through batteries fast. But maybe it doesn't have to. Not sure how it's designed.

• > @Shawn said:
    > So I would be unable to access settings at home and then take out to the woods all together unless I get a monthly service?

Correct, you'll have to select a plan to get it to appear in your app which will then allow you to change settings.

Put some batteries in it at your house and give it a try. If I recall correctly, mine was set at 30 second delay, High PIR and motion.
  • edited September 12

@Shawn said:
    New here to Moultrie forums. I was given a XV-7000i for a gift this summer. The area where I hunt does not get any cell service on any of the carriers. Until I move to a new hunting location, is there a way to use this as a regular trail camera with just an SD card and switch out cards when I want to see photos?

Are you sure there is no service where you want to put the camera? If you are determining that by the lack of service on a cell phone you may be surprised that the camera will connect where a phone shows no service. Regardless you can pay for the maintenance plan which I believe is $5.00 a month and you would be able to set up the camera as you would like it to operate and be able to place it where you hunt and see if the camera will connect.