M888 problem

I have a brand new m888 that I can't get to take pictures. The only way I can get it to take pics is with the test capture function. I have formatted the ad card and upgraded the firmware. I have tried quick start and custom start. Also the battery indicator is showing 00% with new batteries. I have tried 2 different sets of batteries. Still shows 00%. What am I missing here ?

Comments

• @vatrapper What brand/type of batteries are you using? I would also make sure the firmware is the most up-to-date (www.moultriefeeders.com/firmware-faq). If that doesn't help I would definitely put in a call to our CS department - those guys are pretty epic and can work their ninja magic in surprising ways.

• Did you ever figure this out. One of the 2 I just bought is doing the same thing.

• I am having the same problems

• Did this ever get figured out? My camera was working great, now for the last 36 hours no pics. I was getting squirrels all day, and coons at night. I use recommended batteries. Data is only 25% used.

• I just bought a m888 , used it once , took lots of pics . then took card out looked at them on computer . put back in . took 2 pics and now wont even turn on. tried hard reset , new batteries , formatted card . still wont even turn on ! I'm goinf to return to Cabela's

• Hi all,

For those of you still having problems with 00% battery or with your camera not taking pictures, give our customer service team a call and we will work our magic and get you taken care of. @bpeezr we should have a solution for you. 1-800653-3334

• Had my 888 almost a year and it worked fine till 8/30. Night pictures continue as usual, but day pics have a purple tint to them. I have tried all the "self help" steps; new batteries, clean & formatted SD card, Updated firmware to latest version, and a hard start. All to no avail. I'll be calling tech support come Tue.

• @davesouth Sounds like the IR filter is stuck in the wrong position. Customer service can walk you through some steps to hopefully fix the problem.

• Give the camera a good rap to unstick the filter. Always works for me.

• 'Percussive maintenance' it's a very technical term engineers use to dress up 'hit it until it works'

• hi guys, bought your M888 18 months ago in the US, using it in South Africa....it has been great. Suddenly battery reading 00% after less than a month, using duracell, previously good battery life. Now the screen lights up, but it is not taking photographs. Please help.

• edited January 2018

@Ameliabrown said:
    hi guys, bought your M888 18 months ago in the US, using it in South Africa....it has been great. Suddenly battery reading 00% after less than a month, using duracell, previously good battery life. Now the screen lights up, but it is not taking photographs. Please help.

So it still reads 00% with new batteries? First thing to do is make sure you have the current firmware installed.https://www.moultriefeeders.com/support-firmware-faq

• As Sodbuster mentioned, I would check to make sure you have the most updated firmware. If you do, and it's still reading 00 and taking no photos even with new batteries, the next thing to do would be to try a different brand (Energizers, lithiums, pretty much anything other than what you're using currently) and if that still doesn't resolve the problem, give our customer service line a call.

• At the risk - O.K., it's a certainty - of sounding like a complete idiot, can anyone guide me in how to playback a (presumably) video with an M888? Mac computer, 16G Kingston SD card. Cam works fine with stills, been using my Lumix camera as a playback mechanism. Any help appreciated!

• My M888 will not capture videos or photos. During the capture test, pictures work. Firmware is at the latest.

What should I try next?

• I have an M-888 that worked well since I bought it last September. Had it out all winter and into the spring. Then this July it just apparently powered down and has refused to power up ever since? I've put in brand new Duracell batteries and have had one or two brief one-second spurts of life but nothing else. The contacts all look good and clean. Any suggestions?

• I have a Moultrie M-888...up until last week it worked great...now all of a sudden..it doesnt work at all...tried 2 sets of brand new Energizers and still doesnt power up...help!
  • Brand new, litterly out of the box... used 1 time to see whats getting under my house. Next day turned off. Got SD card,,, put SD card back up. Batteries spanking new... Wont turn on.... Nothing I do works... Think last moultrie product I buy...

• @bpeezr said:
    I just bought a m888 , used it once , took lots of pics . then took card out looked at them on computer . put back in . took 2 pics and now wont even turn on. tried hard reset , new batteries , formatted card . still wont even turn on ! I'm goinf to return to Cabela's

Mine did same thing first time I used it.....

• Updated firmware brand new batteries and correct sd card and mine still shows 00% I even tried a hard rest and nothing works