Suggested Enhancements?

Moultrie Mobile Users,
We are always interested in hearing from you about ways we can improve the system. Please use this discussion to propose new features and enhancements.

Comments

• @RTR said:
    Add some indicator of when the last time the modem connected to the server. There is a last activity indicator, but that seems to be the last activity on the camera.

Even better, add ability to initiate a force connect. Seems communication is only one way when the camera wakes up. Is there no way to wake the modem up? Would be the same as the manual press of the Test button. Why not allow that remotely? For example, allow sending a request to snap a photo on the camera then send immediately. You could tell if the camera is still positioned correctly, etc.

@RTR on the Moultrie Mobile app select a picture and open "upload details". That is when the modem connected to the server. It is not when the camera took the picture. That's how I know when my modem connects to the server. Mine hooks up approximately 11:00 pm and 11:00 am CST each day.

• I've got the system working pretty good on my end. Here are some ideas along with ideas I have mentioned in other threads.

1) Any pics deleted from the app or website would be deleted from the SD card.

2) Buy more data/Change plan ability from the app. Currently I only see this capability from the website.

3) Possibly a full weather conditions at time of pic based off a web based weather site. Not sure if this can be done easily but maybe Moultrie partner with someone like Accuweather and based on modem's location can give live weather report and also give the weather conditions at time of pic. This would be more informative than the info strip at the bottom.

• Oh and it would be great if you could from the "camera settings" customize a time the modem connects to the server. I would like to see it connect at 10:00 pm and 10:00 am on a 2x a day frequency. That way I can pick a schedule that works better for me.

• Also...sorry I have a few suggestions lol...I have to log-in each time on the Moultrie Mobile website, even after checking the remember me box. Can yall fix that? I'm not having any problems with the app.

• And in camera details list the current firmware installed on the camera. Would be easy to view this in the app.
  • I would like to be able to have multiple phone number for notifications. Is that in the works or is there a work around? Also, is there any issues with multiple users looking at my portal at the same time?

• @scooter737 said:
    I would like to be able to have multiple phone number for notifications. Is that in the works or is there a work around? Also, is there any issues with multiple users looking at my portal at the same time?

Hope none of these people are going to hunt your spots without you knowing :p

• @scooter737 We are in the works of having notifications sent to multiple phone numbers. Sooner, rather than later that will be a possibility. The app can be downloaded on more than one phone and logged into your account with multiple people on the portal at one time. The only thing is that anyone logged into your account has access to change your settings.

• MQ are you just talking about the notifications or the actual images?
  • @UTGrad We expect to have an option to list more than one phone number to receive notifications about new images. However, right now more than one person on multiple devices can be looking at the images on one single account.

• I think the ability to have more than one number is awesome feature. But want to offer my thoughts myself right now I end up either DL pictures to both my sons or they both have my account info to view at there leisure. So my boys are going this weekend to purchase there modems and don't want to start there accounts till Sept 1st. And my thoughts of our family owning 3 accounts and all 3 of us getting texted that a new photo ID waiting to be viewed,can you tell me how you can identify which account I can go look at. Maybe there can be a camera name installed on this future feature.
    On another note I would love to have the option to retrieve my pictures when I need to, instead of waiting for modem to send. I changed my settings from 2 day to get them Right now By using immediate settings.

• Please please please stop making me log into the app every time.
  • On the website, the "next" and "previous" tabs are in an awkward spot when viewing pics. Maybe it's just my laptop and Windows 10 but I have to scroll down to hit those tabs which blocks some of the pic. Maybe those tabs could be placed closer to the picture? A small nuance but wasn't sure if anyone else has this issue.

Keep up the good work!
  • Seems like the used data chart in the app needs some modification. It shows used data fine to current date, then drops back down to zero. Probably using a value for future dates of zero when it should be using the data for what has been used to make the line level across the used amount. Make sense? The used line should never drop back down ton zero for dates past current date.
  • @RTR said:
    Seems like the used data chart in the app needs some modification. It shows used data fine to current date, then drops back down to zero. Probably using a value for future dates of zero when it should be using the data for what has been used to make the line level across the used amount. Make sense? The used line should never drop back down ton zero for dates past current date.

I noticed that as well. They could just add a simple =NA() and that would solve it.

• Couple of suggestions/questions--I would really like the ability to "request" a picture at anytime. Any chance this will become possible? Also, in my scenario I am primarily only interested in night time pictures--is it possible to only have the pictures taken between 830pm and 830am (or any specific chosen time period) to upload? This would save me a lot of data. Sure the camera can still take pictures outside the selected time slot, however it would just save them to the SD card. Lastly, if my detection delay is set for five minutes why wont the modem upload a picture until there has been no activity for at least fifteen seconds (when in immediate upload mode) after the picture is taken? Thanks for the help.

• I would like to pass a long an idea to improve the Moultrie Mobile Modem... It would be really nice if you could add a function to where you can make sure the connection is good between the camera and modem, such as add a capture button to where you can click on it and make the camera take a picture so you know it is working, and so that you can see that you have the camera at the right height and so on. This would decrease the set up time and make the setup a lot easier. I live more than an hour and a half away from where I set mine up and it would help me out tremendously! There are a couple of more ideas that I have that would make the transition and setup time easier but this hands down would be the most beneficial. Thoughts?

• Requesting a picture remotely is a challenge due to the fact that the modem and camera both run on batteries. In order to be able to real-time change commands, request pictures, etc. you would need the modem to be on 100% of the time and listening for the command.

For checking that the connection is good: You can have the camera take a 'test' picture from the main menu; instead of pressing > to start motion detect (or time lapse, whatever you are using) simply press "OK" and it will prompt you to take a test picture. After a short countdown and the big snap, simply press the TEST button on the side of the modem and it will wake up, take the picture, and transmit it. This allows you to verify the entire system operation while you are standing there.

You guys are throwing out great suggestions, keep them coming and we'll do what we can to continuously improve the system and keep Moultrie Mobile as robust and easy to use as we possibly can.

• @Moultrie_Ninjaneer said:
    Requesting a picture remotely is a challenge due to the fact that the modem and camera both run on batteries. In order to be able to real-time change commands, request pictures, etc. you would need the modem to be on 100% of the time and listening for the command.

For checking that the connection is good: You can have the camera take a 'test' picture from the main menu; instead of pressing > to start motion detect (or time lapse, whatever you are using) simply press "OK" and it will prompt you to take a test picture. After a short countdown and the big snap, simply press the TEST button on the side of the modem and it will wake up, take the picture, and transmit it. This allows you to verify the entire system operation while you are standing there.

You guys are throwing out great suggestions, keep them coming and we'll do what we can to continuously improve the system and keep Moultrie Mobile as robust and easy to use as we possibly can.

Thanks for the response and explaining the real-time scenario and the modem "listening" for requests. The ability to turn real time on or off to meet all users desires would be nice. I would leave real time on constantly, as the ability to request a picture anytime outweighs battery life for me. Any input or thoughts regarding the flexibility to upload pictures from designated time frames only? And also what about the 15 seconds? Seems that if my trigger interval is set at 5 mins, the camera should be able to upload immediately regardless of any activity within 15 seconds.

• @matt Uploading pictures only from certain time frames could be tricky, but not necessarily out of the question. I'll add it to the radar and see what we can do about it.

For the 15 second thing, this is a by product of the fact that the modem and camera aren't 'live' connected all the time. Essentially the camera goes "hey, wake up!" And the modem waits to make sure the camera doesn't have anything else to say before grabbing the pictures. On real-time basis, the modem isn't exactly aware what the camera is set to beyond the information it passes back and forth. You bring up an interesting point though, it's something I'll throw in the list and investigate to see if there is the possibility of opening up the functionality to take into account the camera's settings - no promises, but we're going to do our best to make this system everything it can and should be!

• On the website when you purchase additional data there are quirks with the order processing. Sometimes the purchases fails and then sometimes it just hangs up only to charge my account later. Just a FYI

• Something I would like to see if possible is remaining pictures on SD card. Currently on the dashboard it shows my SD card at 51% full, but it would be nice if it showed 1100 pics/2000 pics total for example.

• @UTGrad said:
    Something I would like to see if possible is remaining pictures on SD card. Currently on the dashboard it shows my SD card at 51% full, but it would be nice if it showed 1100 pics/2000 pics total for example.

It may be hard to establish how many more will fit on the card because every file is a different size. But having the count of files on the card, would be helpful and doable. This way if you're at 1,000 files and 50%, it's pretty clear how many more will fit (estimated)

I can also see this being very beneficial for verifying that the modem is working correctly. i.e. I received 500 images in my account but the card shows 750 files on the card.

I like it! Good suggestion!

• edited August 2016

@UTGrad There are charts with approximate pictures of megapixel size per GB size. I know a 16gb stores about 4500 at 10mp Jpeg.

• the fact Spartan cams lets you add on a camera for $5 a month and use your existing data plan with Verizon blows moultries data plans away. Battery life with immediate uploads is terrible as well.

• null

Do you have it on immediate upload in front of a feeder with tons of pics? I've got mine on immediate on a trail that doesn't get many pics and battery life is fine. Also I'm using lithiums.
  • I would prefer this device be available without cell service. Make one available that will connect as a device on my own network.