Ordered an A20 Today

I ordered another M888 and an A20 today. Anybody got reviews of the A20? How would it compare to an older M80?

Comments

• @UTGrad said:
    I ordered another M888 and an A20 today. Anybody got reviews of the A20? How would it compare to an older M80?

@UTGrad Performance-wise (Trigger speed, recovery time, detection range, etc.) The A-20 will be a fair bit better than the older M-80 line. However, the image quality won't be quite as good (at least in low light/night images) since the M-80 has a better light sensitive image sensor. The M-888 would be more comparable in that regard along with the benefit of a few years worth of advancements.

• Thanks...look forward to testing it out!
  • @Moultrie_Jedi said:

@UTGrad said:

@UTGrad Performance-wise (Trigger speed, recovery time, detection range, etc.) The A-20 will be a fair bit better than the older M-80 line. However, the image quality won't be quite as good (at least in low light/night images) since the M-80 has a better light sensitive image sensor. The M-888 would be more comparable in that regard along with the benefit of a few years worth of advancements.

Moultrie Jedi,

When pairing this with the modem, how would I be able to upgrade the firmware if necessary?

• @UTGrad The firmware should be on the page (www.moultriefeeders.com/firmware-faq). The instructional video for the A series lines everything out, but the elevator pitch version is:

• Firmware on Card
    • Card in Camera
    • Hold DOWN selector, switch to SETUP
    • Wait until camera comes on, release DOWN selector
    • Press OK
    • Profit!
  • Thanks MN I caught the instructional video over the weekend.