How's It Going for Everyone?

Is everyone's mobile system running smooth? I've had dropped transmissions and batteries run out so I'm frustrated to say the least. I've driven over 300 miles in the past couple weeks to hit the test button or swap batteries.

Sigh maybe things will turn around. I'm hoping I don't have to run down again tomorrow cause for some reason my modem dropped the call with the servers when transmitting pics :#

Comments

• @UTGrad The Moultrie Team noticed a recent kink in service. All hands are on deck to resolve the issue. Official statement HERE. Please be patient as we solve the problem. Your feedback is very much appreciated.

• Thanks Moultrie Man. I hadn't read the statement yet. I appreciate the communication. I feel better when I know it's a system wide problem. My biggest concern was a faulty modem which would require a replacement and downtime.
  • I haven't had any problems other than a delayed upload or two. But so far it's been working well. Hopefully Moultrie gets all the kinks worked out soon.
  • My modem attempted to upload today around 10:30 am and it failed to compete the transmission. I wonder if that problem is what others are experiencing.
  • Let me add Moultrie has been very good to me in this process.
  • They are usually pretty willing to try and help with any problems. Seems like they may be having server issues today. I'm sure they have had a lot of new modems trying to connect the last few weeks. The thing I like about Moultrie is they use the Verizon network. Any other network and I wouldn't be able to get a signal where my camera is.
  • brett1212
    I've been struggling with 4 MV1's for a week. I'm not receiving any photos, and cameras a Mobils's are 4 hours away. I believe I have poor reception on 2, and great reception on 2. These 4 are a test to see if we put these on all our leases. Any chance someone can look into the back end and see what my problems might be before I drive down again? Thank you!

• @brett1212 Sure thing, PM me your contact information and I'll see what we can find.

• I am struggling also. If it wasn't for Moultrie ninja I would feel like Customer service would leave a lot to be desired. I had to make the 140 mile round trip yesterday to grab one of my MV1's. Called CS this morning chatted for about half an hour, put another $10 worth of batteries in the cameras (been out for less then 2 weeks) and was told they would call back. Haven't heard a peep other then PM's with Moultrie ninja who is keeping my hope alive. I had a scheduled trip to the property Saturday for some house maintinence if my other MV1 has pictures from today and yesterday I will be returning both modems as well as 1 camera. I bought these with the intent to not have to make trips to the property twice a month and save fuel. Instead I am out fuel, time and the price of the modems and plan.
  • Moultrie Ninja has been tremendous help on the forum. Maybe he will get a promotion :p

• Mine is completely down

• Man I'm sorry Wiseone. Hope it gets worked out.
  • Would that cause my camera to take picture after picture with no movement of animals or leaves... Camera works great without the modem plugged in.
  • edited September 2016

@jk0069 said:
    I am struggling also. If it wasn't for Moultrie ninja I would feel like Customer service would leave a lot to be desired. I had to make the 140 mile round trip yesterday to grab one of my MV1's. Called CS this morning chatted for about half an hour, put another $10 worth of batteries in the cameras (been out for less then 2 weeks) and was told they would call back. Haven't heard a peep other then PM's with Moultrie ninja who is keeping my hope alive. I had a scheduled trip to the property Saturday for some house maintinence if my other MV1 has pictures from today and yesterday I will be returning both modems as well as 1 camera. I bought these with the intent to not have to make trips to the property twice a month and save fuel. Instead I am out fuel, time and the price of the modems and plan.

I'm sure you speak for many of us, as I am certain many feel the same way. The intent of the modem is to avoid having to travel back and forth, spending valuable time and money when you shouldn't have to; not to mention the fact that having to make multiple trips to correct modem problems, or replace batteries prematurely, is leaving a scent trail in the area. I haven't gotten a pic in 5 days, but I'm hoping Moultrie can kill all the bugs quickly. If I am going to have to start making trips to the lease every other day to correct what Moultrie should be correcting, then when I go, I will get the modem and return it for credit. I can put that money to use on other things that are not nearly as frustrating.

• My batteries went from 89% to 12% in an afternoon! Very frustrated.. Moultrie has been a great camera but I'm thinking the modem is an experiment....
  • Wardo, you don't have time lapse on do you?

• I agree, Wardo. It is an experience, for sure. Moultrie is testing the patience of hunters and sportsmen. It is an experience at our expense, unfortunately.
  • Walked in front of my camera and modem yesterday and still haven't received my picture!! I have $600 dollars invested in these modems and if they keep working like this I'll be looking for another option.
  • I haven't confirmed my latest with Ninja yet but I think I was able troubleshoot mine to the camera. Once he confirms my testing last night, then I will be heading to Dicks to swap out my 2 week old camera. Camera works fine, however I believe there is an issue with the usb port.

• Seems there are all sorts of problems; USB connections, Modem mayhem, battery sucking, Android abandonment, server sickness, connectivity chaos; you name it. Come on Moultrie!!! Fix the stupid problems!!! What in the world is taking so long to resolve???
  • Mine is finally working again!
  • Y'all need to give Moultrie Ninjaneer a medal.

Just sayin
  • I am trying to be patient.

I sent an email the first of the week about data usage and I still have not received a reply.

I have not received a picture since Thursday night.

It seems like we are paying Moultrie to be Beta testers for them.

I have been holding off from doing a product review on the MV1 on our local hunting forum hoping things will get better. I have upgraded from the A20 (crap) to the M888I to see if that would help and it is a lot better camera. I believe the people at Moultrie are trying to fix all the problems but it seems to be at the users expense. They should not have gone to market with a product that seems to have had very little real world testing.

• I'm def not happy I have 3 mv1 2 p180i and a 888i. I'm not getting hi- def pics and the p180i pics in panorama are so blurry so what's the point of p180i when u have to request hi def and use more data.......
  • @Blurrypics what you're basically saying is that you don't like that you have to use high grade gas in your sports car and want the same performance of low grade gas.

I guess you could just use another company's panoramic, cellular camera...oh wait....
  • Something is going on with servers still.

It's Labor Day weekend so I'm not going to get bothered about it but I have several pics backed up.
  • edited September 2016

Having an issue with getting Hi Res images sent to me. Got a few pics (low res) sent to me, requested Hi Res have received nothing - sent the request two days in a row - still no Hi Res. Still getting low res pictures with no issues since the server issues -- just no Hi Res pics. Hopefully they can sort this out. Images are still on the card -as I have yet to visit the camera in the last three weeks.

• @UTGrad Labor day or not, I'm digging into stuff on the back-end and trying to figure out what's up! The servers aren't buckling under the load anymore, so I'm not sure why some people are still having some intermittent problems.

@tobiasnevermore I've had a couple reports of the similar, rest assured that if you didn't delete the SD card they'll still be on there - in the interim i'm looking into why your hi-res requests don't seem to be working.