Customer service

I have called twice since Tuesday and stayed on hold for 20+ minutes each time without an answer. I have sent a PM to Moultrie_ninjaneer as well. Still no responses. I would like to know if there are to many of these units in service now to support all of us owners? I have been excited to do my YouTube review but thus far it has been a less then par experience. I am trying to give Moultrie a shot to fix however I feel like I'm out at least one of my two modems plus fuel and all the headaches. I feel like the forums were if nothing else a place to come and share solutions but as of lately we are missing the support of Moultrie. What gives?

Comments

• It's gotta be just a huge volume of new modems are slowing the whole network or something. I've been pretty lucky so far. Mine has been working for about 2 weeks with no real problems. I also have 100% cell signal. I think a lot of people's issues are they have bad cell coverage where their camera is. Just a guess. As far as CS I did call them the first day I had the modem and I was on hold for about 5 mins and got through. Must be a lot more calls coming in now.
  • I had the best luck with Patrick in customer service but honestly I've pretty much relied on the forum lately. I got my modem August 2nd so I'm one of the early birds. Customer service was much more available then. I haven't spent much time on the phone in the past week.

I do wish Moultrie Ninjaneer had more help on here with tech support. Hopefully he's not the only tech guy at Moultrie, especially with 1500 modems getting activated.
  • @jk0069 We're having a bit of difficulty with the vendor software that controls our call centers. I haven't stuck my nose into that problem but I believe it's pretty much fixed, so you definitely should be able to start getting through again.

We absolutely have a lot more calls coming in, but we're also beefing up our call centers to make sure that you guys get a great CS experience - that's why we don't use automated machine troubleshooting or other CS redirects and tricks; we want you guys to talk to a real, local person that can give you specialized attention and leave you with answers instead of more questions.

• Last call to CS about not getting images for the twice a day download resulted in being told "That is weird, your modem is fine (all in spec and working), you are set to get images at 10:30 AM and PM, no idea why you are not getting them. We are not aware of any network issues. Maybe someone disconnected your USB cable or changed your camera setting to not be Custom Start" This really does not help out in any way, and was not even worth the 15 min wait. Guessing that network issues are not being conveyed to CS or they really can't do much of anything other then verify that the modem connected with no issues last time.

I don't mind being the first batch of test users for a product, but CS needs the ability to ping the modem during the call and the ability to be informed of networking issues or bottlenecks that are happening in real time. Last time my modem checked in was at 10:30 9/8/2016 ... and I have time lapse set up to run twice a day plus motion detect ... just to verify that everything is still working and that my feeder is actually working.

• well all the updating customer service in Sept 2016, and I STILL can't get thru, 10/2017.either busy or sent directly to hold!

• Just now called C/C, 800/653-3334. Today is Mon, Oct 23 rd. Message said "We are currently closed, we will re-open Wed Oct 10th!! UNBELIEVABLE!!!

• edited October 2017
    I finally just got through after many attempts and received no help at all. Your time would be better spent trying to fix it yourself. They will do nothing to help you except say; check batteries, update firmware, and check sd card. Which is what everyone does before they even call. I have been paying for two systems to run for the last 3 months and they have worked about 20% of the time they have been up. This has been a huge money pit and a huge disappointment. I understand that this is a new system and there will be bugs but the lack of customer service help on top of the product not working properly makes me not want to ever use another Moultrie product.
  • They are pretty helpful.
  • I cant say one bad thing about Customer Service. Lakeshia had my modem fixed and shipped back out with in a week!

• Had problem with firmware called customer service first time talked to a lady whose name was Misty second time talked to a lady whose name was Katherine both of them were very patient with me because I am not good or fast with my computer they walked me through step by step up dating my firmware got my camera and modem working I have nothing but praise for these two ladies and Moultrie .

• edited February 3

Misty could stop a riot she's so good at calming nerves and helping customers.

• Hi, I would like to know how to set up the machine, it shoots me all the time, I just want it to fire 24 hours only when it detects, thanks.

• @pablo said:
    Hi, I would like to know how to set up the machine, it shoots me all the time, I just want it to fire 24 hours only when it detects, thanks.

You'll want to set your frequency to "Immediate". If you go into your camera settings, down at the bottom you will see the category named "Upload Frequency".

Secondly, you'll want to make sure that the Capture Mode is only on "Motion Detect" If it's on "Timelapse" or "Motion + Timelapse" you're going to get pictures regardless if something triggers it or not.

Hope that helps

• thank you very much, my machine is the m1100i, it has only motion detect mode, I put max performance, 6sec, 3burst, lapse 10s, start, always on, thank you very much

• What is up with support lately? I have called, go through the whole automated crap just to get hung up on by the phone system. I don't get any responses from email issues. This is terrible customer service. My camera suddenly stopped taking pictures, or the website isn't showing them, as has happened before. Is it my camera or the website again? Changed batteries on modem, acct says it sees modem and camera, but nothing is happening. I get deer almost daily, but for sure raccoons and birds. It's been almost a week with no pics. What's up???

• edited October 5

@Robster said:
    What is up with support lately? I have called, go through the whole automated crap just to get hung up on by the phone system. I don't get any responses from email issues. This is terrible customer service. My camera suddenly stopped taking pictures, or the website isn't showing them, as has happened before. Is it my camera or the website again? Changed batteries on modem, acct says it sees modem and camera, but nothing is happening. I get deer almost daily, but for sure raccoons and birds. It's been almost a week with no pics. What's up???

If your camera and modem are dialing in at random times and you are not getting images, it's possible you just need to format your SD card. I always for get to do that when I first set it up but luckily you can format the SD card from the website or app. Or you may have an upload warning. You can accept or reject that from the camera dashboard.
    If the camera and modem only dial in once a day it's possible no images have been taken. Hope that helps.