Moultrie/Pradco new 4G Modem

Comments

• I wouldn't hold your breath that 5G Replaces 4G anytime soon though. The frequency of 5G makes it an extremely poor candidate for rural areas with heavy woods and stuff.

• That's a good point of clarification, @Ninjaneer . 3G was released in 2001 so it will be quite a while before 4G goes away.

• So what would explain that fact that I'm standing in front of my camera now for five minutes and no text notification when it does take a picture and seems like five minutes before I get any transmitted at all while standing here like an idiot walking back and forth
  • "Immediate" doesn't mean real time. From what I understand, the system will wait to see if multiple images are taken and try to send them in batches. (for lack of a better term) So you're not going to get them instantaneous.

• yes I understand that , usually takes at least two minute before I get a notification of a picture. I didn't get text or a picture taken

• There might have been a few hiccups with the notification servers over the past few days, but all my notifications are rolling in like clockwork again. Hopefully yours are too!

• Nada this weekend. Will keep you posted over the next couple days

• Here’s the latest sighting. Lol
    I thought about a month ago they said this modem would be out very soon. Moultrie must have a different definition of very soon. They are gonna release it after the hunting season. 🤔
  • 25 pics from last evening 6:05-7:36 . Weather is very similar tonight as last night. No pictures yet tonight. So I'm wondering if there isn't another "issue" they won't explain until after they get it working again

• I've had deer for breakfast, lunch, and supper on this rainy day. It's been a pretty good day for deer movement. Since I've got 80% data left I set it to 3 burst. It seems to wake up a tad better. I just delete 2 of the 3 same pics, laugh, and carry on.

• Just got the email that the MV2 is available. Looking forward to expanding the fleet!
  • Will we get any kind of discount for trade in?
  • > @dbryant1972 said:
    > Will we get any kind of discount for trade in?

That's the answer we all want before we spend the cash on a new 4G modem. What are you going to give your customers that already pay for service that is going extinct? Wonder how long it will take to get an answer, but like with any service anymore...... Existing customers get screwed royally while Joe shmo new guy gets the world served on a silver platter. And I don't want to hear "we are working on it" should already have that in place before you sell the new ones on the open market.
  • @dpekera. I'll buy your 3G one and you can use that money to buy a new 4G one. How's that sound?

I'm not sure how "Existing customers get screwed" when they've been able to use a product for 3.5 years. 2 years if you bought it right before they pulled all the 3G versions.

• > @RocklockHunter said:
    > @dpekera. I'll buy your 3G one and you can use that money to buy a new 4G one. How's that sound?
    >
    > I'm not sure how "Existing customers get screwed" when they've been able to use a product for 3.5 years. 2 years if you bought it right before they pulled all the 3G versions.

I’ll tell you how they get screwed! You buy a couple modems and several cameras that are compatible with modems. Systems fail continuously. Customer goes and buys all new batteries, SD cards, solar panels, battery boxes, etc. Customer repeatedly has to travel back and forth into their hunting areas to fix faulty Moultrie system. (Hunting area ruined for the most part if your after mature deer). Customer service is as piss poor as anything as I’ve seen in my life. We spend hours and waist days trying to make a system work that is flat out unreliable. Moultrie has screwed a lot of people knowing they have some major issues and just keep people going in circles. weather it’s the cameras and software or the modems themselves Moultrie should have these issues fixed within a day or two or at least let customers know what’s going on and they are working on the problem. I’ve got one system that hasn’t worked for at least four days straight the last 2 seasons. Have replaced everything and the system fails every single time after 1-3 days. There’s a couple of you kiss a$$ guys on here that continually take up for Moultrie’s crappy service and you really should be ashamed. So you say “your not sure how existing customers are getting screwed by Moultrie when they have been using a modem for a couple years” we’ll if you don’t understand what I just typed in this paragraph then I’m sure you can get a job with Moultrie because they don’t get it either.
  • I'm not sure which bugs me worse, the kiss @$$'s, or the entitled b****'* crying about other users trying to help solve their own issues. Call em. Box it up. Blow it up. Get 4g. Call Verizon and cuss them out for 3g bombing out. Sell it to him, he offered. Hire a damn photographer to hide in the bushes. In the last two weeks Xfinity ON Demand quit working, the router had to be reset for no reason, son's DSL didnt work all weekend, and his satellite went out when it rained. All hard lined. What you expect from remote electronics tied to a tree? LOL I tried another brand for a week, it quit working lol. I took it back. Now I'm going back to sleep after my electronic notifications woke me up. Maybe 4g works perfect. One of you hurry up and get one and let us know.

• > @donejones said:
    > I'm not sure which bugs me worse, the kiss @$$'s, or the entitled b****'* crying about other users trying to help solve their own issues. Call em. Box it up. Blow it up. Get 4g. Call Verizon and cuss them out for 3g bombing out. Sell it to him, he offered. Hire a damn photographer to hide in the bushes. In the last two weeks Xfinity ON Demand quit working, the router had to be reset for no reason, son's DSL didnt work all weekend, and his satellite went out when it rained. All hard lined. What you expect from remote electronics tied to a tree? LOL I tried another brand for a week, it quit working lol. I took it back. Now I'm going back to sleep after my electronic notifications woke me up. Maybe 4g works perfect. One of you hurry up and get one and let us know.

“Maybe 4g works perfect”.

Uhhhhhhh, probably not! 😂
    > @dpekera. I'll buy your 3G one and you can use that money to buy a new 4G one. How's that sound?
    >
    > I'm not sure how "Existing customers get screwed" when they've been able to use a product for 3.5 years. 2 years if you bought it right before they pulled all the 3G versions.

I've had it for almost a year exact. They didn't pull shit two years ago. Sure I'll sell it to you..... $159
  • Looks like someone already made it look like shit 🤔😉
  • I've even thought about ordering but considering that shipping probably won't get here until after Xmas what's the point in ordering. Season will be over the day I get it on the tree
  • > @swbuck said:
    > > @RocklockHunter said:
    > > @dpekera. I'll buy your 3G one and you can use that money to buy a new 4G one. How's that sound?
    > >
    > > I'm not sure how "Existing customers get screwed" when they've been able to use a product for 3.5 years. 2 years if you bought it right before they pulled all the 3G versions.
    >
    >
    > I’ll tell you how they get screwed! You buy a couple modems and several cameras that are compatible with modems. Systems fail continuously. Customer goes and buys all new batteries, SD cards, solar panels, battery boxes, etc. Customer repeatedly has to travel back and forth into their hunting areas to fix faulty Moultrie system. (Hunting area ruined for the most part if your after mature deer). Customer service is as piss poor as anything as I’ve seen in my life. We spend hours and waist days trying to make a system work that is flat out unreliable. Moultrie has screwed a lot of people knowing they have some major issues and just keep people going in circles. weather it’s the cameras and software or the modems themselves Moultrie should have these issues fixed within a day or two or at least let customers know what’s going on and they are working on the problem. I’ve got one system that hasn’t worked for at least four days straight the last 2 seasons. Have replaced everything and the system fails every single time after 1-3 days. There’s a couple of you kiss a$$ guys on here that continually take up for Moultrie’s crappy service and you really should be ashamed. So you say “your not sure how existing customers are getting screwed by Moultrie when they have been using a modem for a couple years” we’ll if you don’t understand what I just typed in this paragraph then I’m sure you can get a job with Moultrie because they don’t get it either.
    >
    I get it, you've had issues with the system. It's well documented on here. But there are likely hundreds if not thousands of these modems out there. If "everyone" was having issues, Moultrie would have pulled it a long time ago.

Additionally, I'm sorry you feel like I'm kissing up to Moultrie. If you go back and read some of my posts, I have given them quite a bit of constructive criticism. From what I have seen and experienced, they solved all the issues I had. Why would I bash a company that is selling a product that fits my needs?

It sounds like it might be best if you did move on to another company. Clearly this stuff is causing you too much stress. Life is too short, it's not worth it.
  • > @dpekera said:
    > > @dpekera. I'll buy your 3G one and you can use that money to buy a new 4G one. How's that sound?
    > >
    > > I'm not sure how "Existing customers get screwed" when they've been able to use a product for 3.5 years. 2 years if you bought it right before they pulled all the 3G versions.
    >
    > I've had it for almost a year exact. They didn't pull shit two years ago. Sure I'll sell it to you..... $159

You've had it a year and it's good for another year. That's 2 years. You misread my statement.

> It sounds like it might be best if you did move on to another company. Clearly this stuff is causing you too much stress. Life is too short, it's not worth it.

Ohhh, trust me. I am moving on to another company but in the meantime I’m going to be damn sure that I get my money’s worth out of the product I purchased and I will also continue to let other people know how sorry Moultrie has become.
  • Gonna be hard to get your moneys worth if you can't figure out how to make it work but one or two days. If a few of them won't, and in the same location, I"d guess 3g didn't upload and download, or there's some electronic retardation going on. Square peg doesn't go in the round hole. They sell velcro hunting boots now, too.

I just thought I had issues because 3 triggererd didn't work normal and the camera didnt wake up sometimes. 3 burst works fine. Time lapse fine. I use cheapass batteries that last a month in the modem with 50% signals. Same card 3 yrs. Hell, 3g won't even work on my Verizon phone with payments more than I spend on data, but I get pics. Just maybe when my camera isn't waking up, my 3g signal dropped out. Not sure.

Moultrie replaced everything I asked for. They sent a replacement modem while I used the whacked out one. I threw a 5 in a box asking for a splitter, they sent it. Sent replacement cameras. All while I was complaining on here, mad.

No telling how much data I left unused,. Over 60% probably, but I do the same on phones. My responsibility to figure how much to purchase in how I use it. I was pissed my A30i didnt take pics for 2 weeks. Works fine now. User error on my sons part.

Ole "Rock" up there^, no doubt he"s helped more users on this forum "for users", than anyone. On his time. Moultrie cant reimburse him for all that time spent helping users that can't read directions, or tie their shoes. This isn't the Dear Moultrie hotline. There's a differnce in having an issue, and calling Moultrie service, as opposed to crying on a forum to paying users taking free time to help you. I'll wear the "kiss ass" t shirt.
  • > @donejones said:
    > Gonna be hard to get your moneys worth if you can't figure out how to make it work but one or two days. If a few of them won't, and in the same location, I"d guess 3g didn't upload and download, or there's some electronic retardation going on. Square peg doesn't go in the round hole. They sell velcro hunting boots now, too.
    >
    > I just thought I had issues because 3 triggererd didn't work normal and the camera didnt wake up sometimes. 3 burst works fine. Time lapse fine. I use cheapass batteries that last a month in the modem with 50% signals. Same card 3 yrs. Hell, 3g won't even work on my Verizon phone with payments more than I spend on data, but I get pics. Just maybe when my camera isn't waking up, my 3g signal dropped out. Not sure.
    >
    > Moultrie replaced everything I asked for. They sent a replacement modem while I used the whacked out one. I threw a 5 in a box asking for a splitter, they sent it. Sent replacement cameras. All while I was complaining on here, mad.
    >
    > No telling how much data I left unused,. Over 60% probably, but I do the same on phones. My responsibility to figure how much to purchase in how I use it. I was pissed my A30i didnt take pics for 2 weeks. Works fine now. User error on my sons part.
    >
    > Ole "Rock" up there^, no doubt he"s helped more users on this forum "for users", than anyone. On his time. Moultrie cant reimburse him for all that time spent helping users that can't read directions, or tie their shoes. This isn't the Dear Moultrie hotline. There's a differnce in having an issue, and calling Moultrie service, as opposed to crying on a forum to paying users taking free time to help you. I'll wear the "kiss ass" t shirt.

It’s not my job to figure out how to make Moultrie’s junk work. That’s their job to do before they sell it to people. I got one system that’s been working decent. The other system no matter where I put it goes down in two days. I just brough the system home and it took pictures for 15 minutes then the camera froze up and it quit working. Rebooted the camera and it’s worked for the last day. The trouble system has been set up in the best reception areas on our place and will not last more then 2 days. I can sit on my phone and watch videos in my area so it’s not reception. It’s had the same issues at my house where reception is better. I’ve changed everything Moultrie has said and nothing works. So, it’s not something I’m doing it’s something on Moultrie’s end. Funny how I have one system that will work but no matter what the other won’t. Sick of the excuses!

Crying on a forum. Hahaha, naw just gonna make sure people know how Moultrie handles their business and the quality of their product. Most people work hard for the money they spend and want a product to work like it’s supposed to. If that’s crying then guess what, I’m bawling!! When I take a brand new M50i out of the box and the battery tray falls apart due to no screws in it, I have a problem. When I take a brand new M40i out of the box and can hear the thing click across the room every time it takes a picture, I have a problem. When I take another brand new M40 out of the box and it eats batteries in 2 days in my back yard I have a problem. When I have a modem that won’t work for 2 years, I have a problem. When I pay for a service that hasn’t worked, I have a problem. I’ve got 4 M80’s or 880’s can’t remember the model that have taken over 30,000 pictures and never had an issue. The last 2 years of equipment I’ve purchased is nothing but problems. I can assure you that I will get my monies worth out of the money I have spent on Moultrie products. When my investment works is when they don’t here from me again, until then, get use to seeing me around. Have a great day!
  • Should have got your money back or got them to replace it I guess. I would have given up on it before that. Cameras work fine alone. Modem isnt expensive. If I had a 400 dollar plus one from someone else, or a few, and it didnt work good, the woods would burn. Electronics are always trouble. Remote ones are more trouble. And obsolete before they are fine tuned.
  • Alright guys. While I appreciate the banter back and forth this thread is starting to go in circles. How about we all agree to disagree and move on?

• > @Moultrie_Queen said:
    > @Proaction14 Moultrie has yet to make an official announcement on our new 4G LTE products due to still being in the development and testing phase. Rest assured, we are trying to be as transparent as possible while still maintaining the high quality products Moultrie is known for producing.
    > With regards to the MV1 it was obviously in much higher demand than we anticipated. Because of Moultrie’s strong partnership with Verizon Wireless we have worked out a solution that will keep your system running through the end of 2019. We will work through rolling over users from 3G to 4G when that time comes. So for now, rest assured that you can continue to use your Moultrie Mobile system as you have from the beginning.
    >
    > We will update you as soon as more information is available.

> @Moultrie_Queen said:
    > @Proaction14 Moultrie has yet to make an official announcement on our new 4G LTE products due to still being in the development and testing phase. Rest assured, we are trying to be as transparent as possible while still maintaining the high quality products Moultrie is known for producing.
    > With regards to the MV1 it was obviously in much higher demand than we anticipated. Because of Moultrie’s strong partnership with Verizon Wireless we have worked out a solution that will keep your system running through the end of 2019. We will work through rolling over users from 3G to 4G when that time comes. So for now, rest assured that you can continue to use your Moultrie Mobile system as you have from the beginning.
    >

> @jcg001 said:
    > I purchased a 3g MV1 unit online in August 2018 and was temporarily very happy with it. Now I find out that the $150 modem will not have any functionality in 16 months and will turn into a $150 paper weight?!?! How can a company knowingly sell and market a product that will be obsolete in almost a year? I understand liquidating old inventory, especially for a product with outdated features, but this product will have NO features in a year. It has an expiration date that will barely outlast the $8 batteries I put in it. I feel swindled. Is there any plan to provide discounts for those of us foolish enough to invest in a 3g model? More specifics than "we will work through rolling over users from 3g to 4g when that time comes"..

> @jcg001 said:
    > I purchased a 3g MV1 unit online in August 2018 and was temporarily very happy with it. Now I find out that the $150 modem will not have any functionality in 16 months and will turn into a $150 paper weight?!?! How can a company knowingly sell and market a product that will be obsolete in almost a year? I understand liquidating old inventory, especially for a product with outdated features, but this product will have NO features in a year. It has an expiration date that will barely outlast the $8 batteries I put in it. I feel swindled. Is there any plan to provide discounts for those of us foolish enough to invest in a 3g model? More specifics than "we will work through rolling over users from 3g to 4g when that time comes"..

> @jcg001 said:

> @jcg001 said:

> @jcg001 said:

> @fgicinto said:
    > @Moultrie_Queen said:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > So at this time nothing is available?

> @Moultrie_Queen said:
    >

Your mv1 is already outdated mine quit now your blaming your string partnership with Verizon. I have it in the same a spot as last year now, it all of a sudden its Verizon fault. Your selling equipment that's not compatible with updated Verizon towers I want my money back
  • > @swbuck said:
    > >
    >
    >
    > I’ll tell you how they get screwed! You buy a couple modems and several cameras that are compatible with modems. Systems fail continuously. Customer goes and buys all new batteries, SD cards, solar panels, battery boxes, etc. Customer repeatedly has to travel back and forth into their hunting areas to fix faulty Moultrie system. (Hunting area ruined for the most part if your after mature deer). Customer service is as piss poor as anything as I’ve seen in my life. We spend hours and waist days trying to make a system work that is flat out unreliable. Moultrie has screwed a lot of people knowing they have some major issues and just keep people going in circles. weather it’s the cameras and software or the modems themselves Moultrie should have these issues fixed within a day or two or at least let customers know what’s going on and they are working on the problem. I’ve got one system that hasn’t worked for at least four days straight the last 2 seasons. Have replaced everything and the system fails every single time after 1-3 days. There’s a couple of you kiss a$$ guys on here that continually take up for Moultrie’s crappy service and you really should be ashamed. So you say “your not sure how existing customers are getting screwed by Moultrie when they have been using a modem for a couple years” we’ll if you don’t understand what I just typed in this paragraph then I’m sure you can get a job with Moultrie because they don’t get it either.
    >

> @swbuck said:
    > >
    >
    >
    >

Amen Moultrie sucks and tells lies I want my money back