Receiving Notifications, but not receiving pictures

What's up with the mobile system today? I've gotten several text messages saying I have new images but there are no new pictures when I check. I've used the app on my cell phone and accessed the site on a laptop with the same results on both.
Please respond.

Comments

• I’m with you! I’ve emailed Moultrie but haven’t gotten a reply yet. It’s huntin season I need it to work now more than ever!
  • Exactly! Between the bucks that have just now started to show up in front of the camera and more and more people out in the woods I really need my stuff to work. Guessing it is a capacity issue somewhere but. . .

• Hunter243: any response from Moultrie yet? I reached out directly to one of the techies who has handled inquiries in the past but no response yet.
    My guess is that the missing pictures are simply gone and will not show up for us later. That's what happened in the past.

• > @otarcher said:
    > Hunter243: any response from Moultrie yet? I reached out directly to one of the techies who has handled inquiries in the past but no response yet.
    > My guess is that the missing pictures are simply gone and will not show up for us later. That's what happened in the past.

No still nothing, kinda pisses me off. I’m trying to get my boy on a nice buck this year, kinda need my camera!
  • Y'all sure that you aren't getting delayed notifications from earlier pics? I got one earlier. Best way to get in touch is to call and wait your turn. The "techie" you reached out to doesn't work for Moultrie anymore. He helped out when he could. If you got a picture it would be on the card. Any picture I've had on my card since last year has been in my app.

• edited October 2017

@codemonkey Thanks for the communication in your alerts and announcements thread explaining the issue. Sincerely appreciate the communication. Letting people know that your looking into the issues and fine tuning the system demonstrates your commitment to make this system as good as it can be. Again, Thanks!

• Anyone notice the message comes from a different number now?
    Just curious if this is where we will receive them from now on!
    I like to set my messages to different tones so I know it’s my camera
  • Sorry for the number changing but this was part of the configuration change that had to be made today to get us past the sms limitation. We added a pool of numbers that can now be used. We did configure it to attempt to reuse the same number for each customer and according to the provider we use for sms, it should use the same from phone number when sending you notifications unless the traffic gets really high and it has to re-distribute some of the work to keep up.

• @codemonkey said:
    Sorry for the number changing but this was part of the configuration change that had to be made today to get us past the sms limitation. We added a pool of numbers that can now be used. We did configure it to attempt to reuse the same number for each customer and according to the provider we use for sms, it should use the same from phone number when sending you notifications unless the traffic gets really high and it has to re-distribute some of the work to keep up.

You wouldn't have to worry about that near as much if you'd implement notifications from the app.... Just saying. People have been asking for that since the inception and pretty much every app in the stores have them.

• edited October 2017

Push notifications in the app are being worked on. We originally had them and the company we used for push notifications quit providing the service. We had to wait for all of the new stuff to roll out so we could change to a new provider. We definitely heard everyone's request for this feature and pushed to get it added back.

• Thanks for the clarification on the number change on the notifications. I am getting notified but by a different number. I will set that up on a different tone as well. Thanks again!

• edited October 2017

@codemonkey Thanks for the update.

• Has anyone else noticed that it seems they are not getting notifications or pictures? It's been 20 hours since my last pic. I consistently get pics in the evening, overnight, and morning. It's possible, I suppose, but I have not even had a leaf trigger a picture and they've been falling like crazy for the last week.

• Wish I could help, @otarcher. I'm getting blown up with notifications and pictures right now. You could have a USB disconnected or the cold weather could be draining the batteries quickly. Just a thought...

• Good to know. I just checked my camera online. Plenty of battery in modem and camera, and signal strength is 100%. Good to know the system is not down. Thanks.

• edited October 2017

@otarcher I just logged in and looked at your account and it just checked in and uploaded an image 7 minutes ago. Modem Battery life is at 85% and Camera Battery life is at 98%. I am also showing you recieved images yesterday and the day before as well. Everything from a quick glance is looking good. If you are having issues seeing the images in the mobile app please let us know and I will send your info to Customer Support so they can help.

• It's all good. It was just very unusual that for about a 20 hour span I got nothin'. If you are seeing activity between about 1:00 CT yesterday and 9:00 am today you are seeing stuff that I didn't.
    Either way, things are working now. Leaves are setting off the camera so I dialed things back to slow things down. Been doing that every day now and turning things back up in the evening to catch all the activity during prime time.

• I received a text notification yesterday at 10:55 PM but there are no new pictures in my app. I did, however, get a high res image I requested earlier. In the past those images were fulfilled the next time the camera was triggered. Has that changed?

• Hi-res pictures are still coming in with the next camera check-in, so perhaps that is what triggered the new image notification?