W30i not reading pictures

Just bought a cheap W30i to see what critters are behind my house. Was able to see pictures after the first day, but when I plugged the card back in, have been unable to retrieve the any new pictures. I simply pull the SD card and use the reader on my PC, but my PC gives me an error that no files found. This is false because while the card is still in the camera, the display shows new pictures. To make it work, I have to completely reset the camera every time. I read something about having to reformat the SD card every time you download pics, i hope that's not true.

Comments

• If using your computer to format the card, try deleting the card using your w30i. This formats the card to your camera and may fix your problem.

• @Sodbuster said:
    If using your computer to format the card, try deleting the card using your w30i. This formats the card to your camera and may fix your problem.

This is essentially what I have been doing to make it work, but I don't think it's right that I should have to reformat every time I pull the card to look at pictures. Maybe that's just the way it is.

• @huntfishcamp said:

@Sodbuster said:
    If using your computer to format the card, try deleting the card using your w30i. This formats the card to your camera and may fix your problem.

This is essentially what I have been doing to make it work, but I don't think it's right that I should have to reformat every time I pull the card to look at pictures. Maybe that's just the way it is.

Are you resting the entire camera settings, or going to Erase All Images?