Moultrie Mobile MV1 Upgrade Offer

Dear Moultrie Mobile Customer,

This is an important message about your MV1 Field Modem, the sunsetting of the Verizon 3G network and an upgrade to a new 4G modem for only $20. The Moultrie Mobile MV1 Cellular Field Modem currently operates on the Verizon 3G network to deliver trail-camera photos directly to your smartphone, computer and other mobile devices. Verizon is upgrading its network to 4G LTE. In the near future, Verizon will begin sunsetting the older 3G network.

However, because of Moultrie Mobile’s strong partnership with Verizon, Moultrie has been guaranteed that your MV1 3G modem will work through December 31st, 2019. Rest assured that you can continue to use your 3G Moultrie Mobile system for the 2019 hunting season!

To learn more about the sunsetting of the 3G network and Moultrie Mobile’s upgrade offer to a new 4G modem for only $20, visit www.moultriefeeders.com/3g-sunsetting.

Sincerely,

The Moultrie Mobile Team

Comments

• Did these upgrade offers come out? I have not received mine yet

• @cmozisek You should have gotten an email today! :)

• so i currently use an MV1 at my remote site. I have had the MV2 since July but haven't wanted to go through the process of the swap. couple of questions. 1) when do i activate this modem? the problem is that i don't have a pc at the remote location to activate and if i activate before going out to the site, does my other modem, the mv1 cease working at that point?

i am trying to avoid no live modem onsite.

my thought is that if in fact the mv1 ceases to work once i activate the new one, i will do this right before heading onsite- 4 hours way. then once i get there, do the swap and the setup onsite.

thoughts?

• edited October 2019

@zavetsky said:
    so i currently use an MV1 at my remote site. I have had the MV2 since July but haven't wanted to go through the process of the swap. couple of questions. 1) when do i activate this modem? the problem is that i don't have a pc at the remote location to activate and if i activate before going out to the site, does my other modem, the mv1 cease working at that point?

i am trying to avoid no live modem onsite.

my thought is that if in fact the mv1 ceases to work once i activate the new one, i will do this right before heading onsite- 4 hours way. then once i get there, do the swap and the setup onsite.

thoughts?

Has no effect on the MV1. It's going to work to the end of the year before Verizon drops coverage. If you have another camera thats either new or the firmware updated, you can add the new one on your account and get pics from both. Make sure you have 4g coverage where the MV2 is going.

I've always activated mine in the field with the app and smartphone. Just make sure you have any cameras updated with the firmware. That would have to be downloaded on a card on the computer. Newer cameras are usually ok.

• i am not sure if there is 4g there. i always see 3g listed.
    i mean doesn't this whole going to 4g kind of defeat the purpose of having a mobile modem in remote sites?

• @zavetsky said:
    i am not sure if there is 4g there. i always see 3g listed.
    i mean doesn't this whole going to 4g kind of defeat the purpose of having a mobile modem in remote sites?

You'll have to talk to Verizon or ATT about that part. They got rid of the 3g.

• so if i activate the modem now and not take out till this weekend, will my mv1 currently out there continue to function? will i be charged for 2 modems versus 1? the mv2 will be just sitting in a box till saturday.

• I just bought a m4000i . Having a hard time activating. When we scan the codes it does nothing . The only thing is the bar code in the unit and the bottom of the box. What is the modem number? We can’t type it in . We only have one number it requires two?
  • edited January 6

@sodbuster71 said:
    I just bought a m4000i . Having a hard time activating. When we scan the codes it does nothing . The only thing is the bar code in the unit and the bottom of the box. What is the modem number? We can’t type it in . We only have one number it requires two?

You can't activate a M4000i. It's just a camera. You can activate an MV2, or MA2, connected to a M4000i, or XV or XA7000i?

XA's and XV7000i's are a camera with the cell modem built in. The MA2 and MV2 connect to Moultrie cameras from 2015 on and communicate to send you the pictures.

• Ok..... so it was sold and packaged as if I could get pictures on my phone. So when you say activate is that just software? Or is that hardware? Which is for Verizon?

• @sodbuster71 said:
    Ok..... so it was sold and packaged as if I could get pictures on my phone. So when you say activate is that just software? Or is that hardware? Which is for Verizon?

Are you wanting the pics sent to you on the phone? The camera does that when connected to the modem. Otherwise you put the proper SD card in it and it is a basic trail camera.

• The ones with a V are Verizon. You need the MV2 if Verizon works best where it will be used. Here are the 4 mobile possibilities. The X series is an all in one unit. The MV and MA2 connect to a camera on site by a USB cable and sends them to the phone. https://www.moultriefeeders.com/products/moultrie-mobile