Moultrie XA7000i

I bought two of these cameras recently. These are the first cellular cameras I have purchased, so I am not sure how all of this works. Do you have to purchase a modem for the these cameras? If so, would I have to buy two modems since I bought two cameras? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• edited July 2019

Modem is built in and part of those @Hgibson1. Download the app on your phone and follow the instructions for activating it once you are ready to put it in the field. Such as purchasing the data. All according to how many pictures you are trying to receive, and how you plan on using it. You bought the ATT version, so there needs to be ATT service where you plan on using it. Not necessarily on your phone, but an ATT signal in that area.

• edited July 2019

Here @Hgibson1. Video instructions.

According to which plan you choose, you can adjust the camera settings in the app or web page to have some control over your picture count. Such as Motion detect with it being 1 or 3 triggered. Delay times between triggers. Word is if the resolution is set to high in the app settings, then requesting a hi resolution image would account for about 35 of the thumbnail quality pics tied to the plan you choose. Hope this helps you understand some of it.

• Thanks for the help @donejones! So it looks like I will have to get a separate plan for each camera correct?

• edited July 2019

@Hgibson1 said:
    Thanks for the help @donejones! So it looks like I will have to get a separate plan for each camera correct?

Yes, according to how you want to use that particular camera in where you place it. A camera on a plot or feeder may require a bigger plan than one watching a trail in the woods. You can control the settings of each one in the app or web page.

This is the web page...https://www.moultriemobile.com/login

The other option was the XV7000i. It works off the Verizon towers. It's in some stores now, and should be on the Moultrie page for sale any day. So, make sure one or the other works where you hunt. Maybe both do.

• Good walkthru.......however, my camera is activated and is sending emails to my phone, but no pictures. What do I need to change to have the pictures showing in the emails? Thanks!

• edited March 10

@Mick said:
    Good walkthru.......however, my camera is activated and is sending emails to my phone, but no pictures. What do I need to change to have the pictures showing in the emails? Thanks!

They don't show in email. Just the alerts. Download the Moultrie Mobile app for your phone, or go on the Moultrie mobile web page to see them.

• Hi all. I have used only Bushnell cameras (including wireless) for several years with good success. However, I thought I would try a Moultrie wireless (XA 7000i). Turns out I can only get a signal when it is set up over a field near the house. I have tried several places in the woods, but no signal (same places I always used the Bushness wireless). Is there anything I can do to improve the signal or just chalk it up to a bad experience?
    Thanks.......

• @Mick said:
    Hi all. I have used only Bushnell cameras (including wireless) for several years with good success. However, I thought I would try a Moultrie wireless (XA 7000i). Turns out I can only get a signal when it is set up over a field near the house. I have tried several places in the woods, but no signal (same places I always used the Bushness wireless). Is there anything I can do to improve the signal or just chalk it up to a bad experience?
    Thanks.......

Some users have reported changing the location of the camera/modem slightly has increased signal strength. Even as little at 90 degrees on the tree (for modems) has been helpful.

• It's true. To get a little technical, the wavelength for 4G signals can range anywhere from 0.42 meters (about 16 inches) to as small as 0.08m (about 3 inches). So even slight movements mean you can be an entire wavelength away, which can see pretty drastic increases in signal quality and reduction in noise amounts.

Obviously in general tiny movements aren't going to produce 100 fold results or anything, but cell signals are essentially black magic, so slight shifts can make a noticeable difference.