XV-7000i modem signal strength problems

Just got the XV-7000i and set it up out on the farm everything came one green which means good signal strength and connection to server so I checked my phone and it was reading 97% modem signal strength. Woke up this morning and now it’s saying 0% signal strength. Any ideas as to why it’s all of a sudden 0%?

Comments

• My stope working after the last update, and the problem is that I need to drive more than 3 hours to be able to reset the camera

• I’m having the same issue with the signal. I, too, had to drive out to my property to reset both XA cameras after the latest firmware update. They stopped working as soon as the update was released. Now that they are connecting to the servers again, I’m noticing a significant reduction in reported signal strength. I was 90-100% consistently on both cameras before, and now they are bouncing between 13% and 70%. I’m not sure if it’s just a glitch in the system, or if the update actually messed up the modem??? I wish Moultrie would respond to these issues online. It’s obvious that many folks are having the same issues after the update.
  • Ive noticed some significant signal strength bouncing but I'm still getting all my pics. Also I always make sure my cameras are working for a full day or 2 before I put them in the field for the first time. I've had cameras 1,000 + miles away and some right behind the house, but either way give yourself some time to catch any issues and tweak setting etc.

• My signal strength varies but but always sends pictures at appointed times. I think that signal strength gets weaker in between downloads to preserve battery, might be considered a sleep period. But if you check soon after download the signal strength is strong.
  • > @tingle said:
    > My signal strength varies but but always sends pictures at appointed times. I think that signal strength gets weaker in between downloads to preserve battery, might be considered a sleep period. But if you check soon after download the signal strength is strong.

Unless something has changed, the signal strength only updates when images are transmitted or when it checks in. It will not show a real time signal strength.
  • I just bought the XV7000 and can’t get pic on my mobile app unless I manually transmit the pics by pressing the Connect/Status button. Anyone know what the problem may be?
  • Ok it is sending pics ever so often now but when I refresh the picture page it does not download new pics. Can you not get pictures that have not downloaded yet by refreshing the Picture page ?
  • Having problems with modem signal strength. Will camera keep taking pictures and also will pics save to sandisk
  • It should @Rawaldron . Mine send pics in the single digits. Then it may go back into the low 50% area. Anything not transmitting should transmit on the next trigger or check in when the strength is back up.

• Upgraded my MV1 modems to the 4G MV2. Put it in the same tree on the same bracket, signal strength went from 60% with the MV1 to 20% with the new 4G MV2. Can get pics now. Moultrie support said to move it 3 feet, disappointed :(

• I recently placed two mx2 modems on the same tree out of curiosity and frustration with operations or lack there of-signal strength just being one of them

No surprised but two different signal strengths at same and different times-they have never matched strength readings....go figure-not Necessarily unexpexted

I am at the end of the line with trying to figure out or troubleshoot my issues-

In the field today trying to get things working again-wish CS was available-hard for me to be in the field during normal business hours...
  • > @rjs said:
    > Upgraded my MV1 modems to the 4G MV2. Put it in the same tree on the same bracket, signal strength went from 60% with the MV1 to 20% with the new 4G MV2. Can get pics now. Moultrie support said to move it 3 feet, disappointed :(

That is expected. The two are on two different radio frequencies and the technology is different. In addition, 4G doesn't have as large of coverage yet as 3G.

The suggestion to move it a few feet is a good idea. I've seen 10-20% changes by moving it around a few feet.
  • I moved my new MV2 to a different location, now at times i have 60% :) works good. But it will go days without a pic and in check it and it says 20%, is it normal that the signal strength varies that much ?.

• > @rjs said:
    > I moved my new MV2 to a different location, now at times i have 60% :) works good. But it will go days without a pic and in check it and it says 20%, is it normal that the signal strength varies that much ?.

Yeah, that's normal. Atmospheric conditions, signal distribution ect can all play a part. I've seen as much as 60% difference.
  • edited May 25
    My signal strength is saying 47% but my camera hasn’t connected to server in 19 hours?

I have it set for time lapse Every hour and upload instantly... xa7000i camera

What could be the reason?
  • @hsmith1788 said:
    Just got the XV-7000i and set it up out on the farm everything came one green which means good signal strength and connection to server so I checked my phone and it was reading 97% modem signal strength. Woke up this morning and now it’s saying 0% signal strength. Any ideas as to why it’s all of a sudden 0%?

Same thing with mine, zero signal after the 1st day, I've tried everything to reboot it but nothing. Trouble shooting with Moultrie is a joke.

• @Branndonbeth said:
    My signal strength is saying 47% but my camera hasn’t connected to server in 19 hours?

I have it set for time lapse Every hour and upload instantly... xa7000i camera

What could be the reason?

Your batteries could be dead. I would suggest you go and assist the camera bring it back and talk to customer support.