Time Lapse Question

I recently purchased the XV7000i and I am not familiar with the time lapse feature. I cannot find any literature that explains this function.
Can some one explain what it does?
Thank you in advance for your help!

Comments

• edited August 2019

When you change the capture mode to "time lapse" or "motion and time lapse", You can set up to 2 intervals of having the camera take pictures between time blocks, with intervals between pictures. Basically giving it a command to take a pic between time frames.

Go to cameras, edit settings, and you will see the "capture modes". "time lapse 1 and 2" settings,(drop down arrows to view options) And the intervals between the pics.

You also have the option of setting Time Lapse 1 to "all day", and setting Time Lapse 2 to "off". It would take pics around the clock with whatever interval between pictures.

• There's also a question mark you can click on beside the settings to help explain it.

• can someone help i am very confused with time lapse. If i am using the moultrie 7000i mobile camera for security issues only and i want it to record and video if there is any movement between 12am-5am is this what i would put in timelapse 1 and timelapse 2 the same times or do i have it all backwards.
    thank you for any help

• @lvkathymf said:
    can someone help i am very confused with time lapse. If i am using the moultrie 7000i mobile camera for security issues only and i want it to record and video if there is any movement between 12am-5am is this what i would put in timelapse 1 and timelapse 2 the same times or do i have it all backwards.
    thank you for any help

The timelapse feature will take a picture at an indicated time regardless if there is motion or not. For example: It can take a picture every 10 mins from Noon until Midnight.

Timelapse 1 and 2 are simply just two options to set up times. for example: Timelapse 1 - From 8:00am to 12:00 pm and Timelapse 2 - From 3:00pm to 9:00pm

Moultrie cameras are not currently set up to only record motion during a specific timeframe. From what I understand, that is in the works, but I don't know of the ETA of that enhancement.

You have two options in my opinion:

1. Set the camera for motion only. This will record any motion that the camera detects, but it will be 24hrs, every day.
    2. Set the camera for motion and timelapse. This will set it for option 1 above, PLUS, it will take the timelapse photos you set. The challenge there is that you're likely going to get a lot of pictures of nothing.

As a side note, the X7000i will record video, but it will not transmit over Moultrie Mobile at this time. You can retrieve the video files off of the SD card though.

I hope that helps. Feel free to ask more if needed.

• > @RocklockHunter said:
    > (Quote)
    > The timelapse feature will take a picture at an indicated time regardless if there is motion or not. For example: It can take a picture every 10 mins from Noon until Midnight.
    >
    > Timelapse 1 and 2 are simply just two options to set up times. for example: Timelapse 1 - From 8:00am to 12:00 pm and Timelapse 2 - From 3:00pm to 9:00pm
    >
    > Moultrie cameras are not currently set up to only record motion during a specific timeframe. From what I understand, that is in the works, but I don't know of the ETA of that enhancement.
    >
    > You have two options in my opinion:
    >
    > * Set the camera for motion only. This will record any motion that the camera detects, but it will be 24hrs, every day.
    > * Set the camera for motion and timelapse. This will set it for option 1 above, PLUS, it will take the timelapse photos you set. The challenge there is that you're likely going to get a lot of pictures of nothing.
    >
    > As a side note, the X7000i will record video, but it will not transmit over Moultrie Mobile at this time. You can retrieve the video files off of the SD card though.
    >
    > I hope that helps. Feel free to ask more if needed.

Thx rocklock! TL and motion+TL have been kinda confusing to me, and until now I did not know how it works.(well more like I did not care to take the time to learn how it works lol) but I'm sure it will come in handy some time in the future.