Cooler temps. Camera working perfect now

When the temps got above 80 my camera would be shooting false shots all day. Now that it’s about high 60 low 40 I might get one or two a day. And that might just be a squirrel or something else. To bad. I wanted to use it to scout Turkeys this spring also. Next year I’m just using my camera October November December January. I guess the heat sensor is not all that good on this xa cell camera

Comments

• I have noticed the number of images with seemingly nothing in them have decreased as well. My XV rarely does it now, the XA seems to still send a few but it's over a water tank so I have to cut it some slack.

I think it can be corrected with a firmware update from what I have researched but I very well could be wrong. I'm not in the IT field. I don't think the sensor is "bad" but rather just really sensitive.

• I hope they correct it. I would love to use the camera more months. It at This point I’m deactivating it 8 months of the year
  • That's interesting. I've only had mine a week, cooler here in north Ga as well, and very few false triggers. I wonder how it would have been a few weeks ago in the high 90's. I'll keep that in mind.

• @RocklockHunter said:
    I have noticed the number of images with seemingly nothing in them have decreased as well. My XV rarely does it now, the XA seems to still send a few but it's over a water tank so I have to cut it some slack.

I think it can be corrected with a firmware update from what I have researched but I very well could be wrong. I'm not in the IT field. I don't think the sensor is "bad" but rather just really sensitive.

The X cameras will update over the air automatically so more than likely your camera is already updated.

• I get maybe a couple of heat or brightness triggers a day. I have this camera facing south, so every trunk of every tree isn't illuminated. My problem is a camera that has a sensor with a wider field of view than the lense. About 35 to 40% of mine are showing blank when deer are close by based on the time.

• @TRM_1 said:

@RocklockHunter said:
    I have noticed the number of images with seemingly nothing in them have decreased as well. My XV rarely does it now, the XA seems to still send a few but it's over a water tank so I have to cut it some slack.

The X cameras will update over the air automatically so more than likely your camera is already updated.

The point I was trying to make, which I probably didn't articulate well, was that this still appears to be an issue with some, so the latest firmware update may not have corrected this issue (to my knowledge, they haven't stated what the firmware update contained) My hope is that it can be corrected via a firmware push.

• I set mine to 30 mins during the day when it was false triggering and capped the upload to only 20pics. So I wouldn't accept 250 blank photos.

It's 40s at night here now and 60-70s during the day and also less false triggers. Might try moving the camera to a better spot. I put it facing north and the false triggers dropped alot. Anything facing SW-East is a mess