Time lapse

I have just purchased a new Moultrie wireless trail camera and I am getting pictures all the time. I just want pictures to be sent to me between 5am to 7pm. I really don’t care about the camera taking any pictures at night. I just want them at those times and to be sent immediately. Is there a setting I can do this and does it have anything to do with the time lapse setting?

Comments

• edited December 2019

You would have to set a time lapse from 7 pm to 7am, or so, and set it on a 12 hour interval. Second time lapse to off. But, you'd have to switch it back and forth in the app setttings each evening to Time lapse only. And back to Motion during the day.

I think the time lapse is available at 6 hours(in your range of possibilities) and 12 hours is the next one. Remember if you are switching it, the command to be able to change it back to motion wouldn't take place until the span of the time lapse is up.

• Thank you for the information. I will try it and see.
  • Hi, I want only time lapse, but I cannot see where I would turn off the motion detection. I've been able to set the time lapse 6am-10pm (do not want night photos). Is it possible to turn off motion detection? M series (MCG13270). Thanks

• edited April 9

@fraser said:
    Hi, I want only time lapse, but I cannot see where I would turn off the motion detection. I've been able to set the time lapse 6am-10pm (do not want night photos). Is it possible to turn off motion detection? M series (MCG13270). Thanks

Camera tab. Settings. Capture Mode, Choose it-Time Lapse, Save

Web page. Devices, View cameras, camera settings, capture mode arrow down. Time lapse, save

You can turn off motion with time lapse only.

• Hi, There is no option under the photo/video settings for time lapse. There's no choice called "capture mode". Please advise.

• edited April 13

This is the wireless section. Where it can be controlled remotely. Are you referring to settings in the camera itself?

• edited April 13

I think it's choosing Ok while arrowing down to the Time Lapse main screen. I haven't tried it on the camera itself.
    Then right to start Time lapse capture. Ok. Setting the time lapse intervals would be to the left.

• edited June 23
    I have no option in the drop down for time lapse in mobile. Only motion detection is in the drop down in camera setup. I have a 6000.
    What am I missing?... Other than a clear instruction manual.
  • @dcameron2010 said:
    I have no option in the drop down for time lapse in mobile. Only motion detection is in the drop down in camera setup. I have a 6000.
    What am I missing?... Other than a clear instruction manual.

I'd imagine the 6000 doesn't have time lapse. Just the 7000.

• edited June 23
    > @dcameron2010 said:
    > I have no option in the drop down for time lapse in mobile. Only motion detection is in the drop down in camera setup. I have a 6000.
    > What am I missing?... Other than a clear instruction manual.

The X6000 doesn't have time lapse.