XA-7000i—BLACK PHOTOS

Set up my new XA-7000 sent some test shots and went on my way everything seemed to be fine with the set up. Until the first night all black photos at night IR isn’t working at all. Have tried all different settings on the app but nothing will turn the flash or IR ON for night time photos. Any suggestions?

Comments

• edited December 2019

Filter stuck or either the IR's aren't coming on. Pitch black with a smartphone video may be able to find out. Not good for a brand new one though. Probably best to hit that chat(support) box on Moultrie Mobile tomorrow with it in hand.

• Moultrie customer service was great and sent me a new camera. It is working fine now with night photos. But now the false triggers during the day are killing me. I have moved the camera all over happens no matter where it’s located. Any fix to the false triggers???

My first 35mm roll of film camera was less hassle than this
  • edited December 2019

You got the PIR set to low? Facing north to keep the sun off it? Nothing to wave in the wind? Bright spots on the ground or tree trunks will set it off midday too. Shadows of trees waving above. I hear some are real sensitive. > @Ranger007 said:

Moultrie customer service was great and sent me a new camera. It is working fine now with night photos. But now the false triggers during the day are killing me. I have moved the camera all over happens no matter where it’s located. Any fix to the false triggers???

My first 35mm roll of film camera was less hassle than this

• PIR is set to low, it’s facing north. But I does have trees within 20 feet.

It’s in the woods are these cameras only good for parking lots?

I have to go move this thing more than a SD card camera that I would be going check to get pics off of the card. It’s frustrating to say the least.
  • @Ranger007 said:
    PIR is set to low, it’s facing north. But I does have trees within 20 feet.

It’s in the woods are these cameras only good for parking lots?

I have to go move this thing more than a SD card camera that I would be going check to get pics off of the card. It’s frustrating to say the least.

I had decent luck with my old A30i and an MV2 in the woods. The A40 Pro/MV1 got a few false triggers. The sensitivity that's beneficial in a plot or field can be a negative in the woods if everything is triggering it. Leaves, shadows, bright spots coming through the canopy like laser beams. It's why I've been hesitant of getting the x series. Even when the plot is open for 60 yards those tall pines behind it can cast a pretty long shadow towards the north in front of the camera. I have no idea what the issue is. 2 and 3 seasons ago the cameras would pick up deer at 40 and 50 yards with basically zero false triggers.

• I just bought 2 last week. I had the same problem with 1 camera on night photos. The 1st few days were fine then I started getting black photos. Also pulled the card and had daytime photos on there that were never uploaded to my account. Moultrie is sending me a new camera too. They were very responsive to emails.

I had to face my camera north and make sure all triggs, branches, vines, etc were cut back. Still get a few false triggers each day but I have them with all cameras. Just more disappointing with a wireless camera because it notify’s you of a new photo that you are sure will be that trophy buck, only to find out its an empty corn pile.

Speaking of which, just got a notification of a new image. Gotta go....
  • I’m back. It was just an empty corn pile. Squirrels must have tripped it.
  • It does seem the camera is mediocre. I have $28 wally world cams (8megapixel) that take much better day and night images, as well as perfect videos in all lighting conditions. Need one of those with a modem.

• Are you referring to thumbnail pics on the app @JBnga ?