The usual frustration.

Sitting in one location. Getting no pics from other cameras then start to funnel in with no notifications. Then check cameras page and see checkins current times and no pics uploaded at all for those times.

Comments

• The push stuff always seems to be delayed at about 10 mins the whole season. My email ones last year were all between 1 and 2 minutes. I don't know if this pixel2 has some setting where you gotta touch the phone to get them sooner or not. They come in usually, but only after I open the screen or 10 or 15 mins have went by. I like to check on my time anyway. I'm usually just happy to get some pics. It's like Christmas came early. :D

• Right now I have updated pics on my phone at 6:41 am. Refreshed laptop and still not upgraded to correct pics on phone. Man they are lagging the last couple days. BIG SURPRISE. Just now received a pic on laptop at 6:51 and completely slipped over the last 30 minutes on laptop. For me the laptop is usually more consistent.
  • Out of four cameras I have out. Getting a twenty minute lag in upload from one camera. It's an xv7 while the others are two Mv-2 and one mv-1
  • Just got pics uploaded from an hour ago 🤪
  • Didn't you say you had a Pixel. I'm reading something about delayed notification issues online with it. Haven't run across a solution though. Regardless they would still show in app or browser if its working.
    Seems to be related to maybe a few things and maybe more of an android issue dealing with power saving and battery optimization.

• One thing I read. https://www.gihosoft.com/mobile-tips/fix-delayed-notification-issue-android.html
    I guess battery life of phones don't improve. They find ways to shut off apps syncing.

• I turned battery saver and adaptive battery off in my phone settings to see if anything changes.

• I have more concern with things like this. A squirrel and a deer in a pic with it set on 3 pics, but only get 1. 95% signal. 98% battery.

• My son went out and waved his hand in front of the MV1 for over 10 seconds before removing the battery box......Nothing.

• Just got a ten minute delay on a picture . Mv-2 M8000i
  • edited December 2019

I'm sitting here wondering like you now. MV1 didn't trigger with a hand waving around in front of it and a good signal. Holding a brand new MV2 in my hand. lol. Should I gamble and see if I can waste some more money? lol

Maybe the MV1's have about shut down. Sure haven't got many pics the last 10 days. Very few.

• I'm here trying to understand why I have triggers and checkins on two cameras but yet no pictures. UNINSTALLED REINSTALLED and still nothing. Wondering why it seems like everything stopped working.
  • Just in the last 2 days, I'm having similar problems. I get 4 time lapse photos every day. 7 am 8am then 4pm 5pm. In the last 2 days, I haven't been getting all of the notifications. For example, I will get the 7 and 8, but no 4 and 5pm and then after 5pm when I go to photos, It will only have the 4pm update, and not the 5pm photo.
    Then the next morning at the 7am update, the missing photos from the night before are there.
    What's going on?
    I use this camera for security with immediate notifications, so I need to know immediately if there is a security issue, but its not happening

• Whoever they pay to maintain the system needs to go find a new job because it obvious they can't keep up.
  • edited December 2019

After turning off battery saver and adaptive battery in my PIxel2 XL, my notifications are coming in between 1 and 2 minutes now. My MV1 didn't check in today.

• @donejones said:
    ... I don't know if this pixel2 has some setting where you gotta touch the phone to get them sooner or not....

I currently have a Galaxy S8 and I've wondered the same thing as I've picked up my phone and a notification would come through. The first couple times I thought it was just coincidence. But it happened too frequently to be the case. That being said, that seems to have went away now. Perhaps an Android update helped. I know I've received two over the last couple weeks. I didn't change any settings on the phone and I'm getting them in about 2-3 mins.

• edited December 2019
    I think it was adaptive battery on Pixel limiting battery usage. Need more pics to come in to check it some more.
  • With it's hits and misses the last couple days. Seems to have caught and been fine today. Been raining here all day so not much coming and going right now anyway. Heavy rain not light. Running a pixel 2 and haven't played with the battery at all but when it's running smoothly and usually 1-2 minutes.
  • edited December 2019
    Try that adaptive battery cutoff. See if it changes on yours. I shut my notifications off. I've been up since 2am with notifications going off in the rain. Lol. Deer in plots. Headed to the duck hole to film a duck hunt of my son and his buddies in a minute. Then setting up my modems to last till turkey season. Hopefully. New MV2 activated and working.
  • And back to no notifications
  • @donejones said:
    Try that adaptive battery cutoff. See if it changes on yours. I shut my notifications off. I've been up since 2am with notifications going off in the rain. Lol. Deer in plots. Headed to the duck hole to film a duck hunt of my son and his buddies in a minute. Then setting up my modems to last till turkey season. Hopefully. New MV2 activated and working.

Now it says "for apps you don't use frequently" pretty sure as much as I bitch about this system...... this app does not apply !

• Again ... uninstall and reinstall then get notifications back.

• @donejones said:
    I think it was adaptive battery on Pixel limiting battery usage. Need more pics to come in to check it some more.

Wondering if it is a major issue with Pixel in general.... Still something they should be figuring out.

• edited December 2019
    Corrosion on MV1 battery tray contacts outside and inside. Had to scrape everything to connect. Hopefully it lasts for the last week of it's use. Corrosion on Moultrie battery box cable connected to MV2. Pin eaten off the inside of the battery cable and stuck in splitter. Threw both pieces away. Lasted a year. New MV2 weaker signal than other MV2 10 ft. up a tree. Moved it three times to get 30%. Cell has better signal. Repeatedly walked around to get a few pics testing. 300lbs of corn on the ground to burn data. I think I'm going to throw in the towel for the MV2s.
  • Batteries down to 90% in 20 pics on working MV2. Lol. Brand New. Over it. 4 seasons is enough.
  • > @donejones said:
    > My son went out and waved his hand in front of the MV1 for over 10 seconds before removing the battery box......Nothing.

If he was tripping the camera and then removed the battery it didn't have a chance to upload any of the pictures. As long as the camera is taking pictures it isn't going to upload them till it isn't being tripped.
  • edited December 2019

@TRM_1 said:

@donejones said:
    My son went out and waved his hand in front of the MV1 for over 10 seconds before removing the battery box......Nothing.

If he was tripping the camera and then removed the battery it didn't have a chance to upload any of the pictures. As long as the camera is taking pictures it isn't going to upload them till it isn't being tripped.

@TRM I truly appreciate you trying to help me solve my issue. And me only. But being one of the 2 active forum members from the the beginning, I know about the 15 seconds of inactivity before the upload starts. And the fact another whole day passed without the hi res from before that being requested and not showing up either. The issue was corrosion inside the MV1. On the outer tray contacts and the inner springs. It was living it's life on the external 12v plug that was no longer there. Not sure if Moultrie opened the case and maybe it was supposedly tested in an outside environment until I got it back 9 weeks later, but the Energizers(Their batteries they left in it( I didn't use them) had corrosion a half inch up the battery when I got it back. I cleaned it out and it worked to some extent most of the season(since July) with a great signal.

Here's the last 2 pics it has sent me this morning. Deer arriving and leaving after eating for 30 minutes. Motion 1 with 15 second delay, 90% signal. They somehow didn't move the whole time they ate.

It's cleaned up again as of yesterday, and reconnected with internal batteries only(with a different camera) to live out it's remaining 5 days before I take it off the tree and shoot it.

• Does everyone have problem with cameras are what
    Have three finally got all three working then Thursday one of them decided it was done dont know what happen - i have a primos that I've been using for the 5 years its been working fine took lots of pictures on the same spot none on the moultrie
    Do i just need to send these things back and forget it

• Stopped getting notifications again this afternoon. Signed out and back in and still nothing. LET ME GUESS! UNINSTALL AND REINSTALL AGAIN.
  • @dpekera said:
    Stopped getting notifications again this afternoon. Signed out and back in and still nothing. LET ME GUESS! UNINSTALL AND REINSTALL AGAIN.

Lol. I turned mine off. You are gonna drive yourself nuts with them things. Go for the surprise factor, and just open the app. :D