M-40 Only takes images for 1 day

My M-40, Model#: MCG-13181 only stays in motion detect mode for 24 hours. If I take the card out after leaving it for a week, all the pictures will be from the first day. Can't figure out what is going on. I tried it multiple times, always the same. Firmware is 170808 which appears to be up to date. Please Help

Comments

• Thats the right firmware. Try it on Motion and Time lapse maybe. Turn the first one on 12 hrs and the 2nd time lapse to Off or something. Or better yet call them and see if they may have a clue.

• My W-40i (walmart M-40i) is doing the exact same thing. I just purchased it last week, checked firmware and removed the security tag as referenced in another post: (https://forums.moultriefeeders.com/discussion/1052/m40-i-camera-problems) but it still only takes pics for the first 24 hours. After leaving it in a buck travel lane for a week, I was ticked just to have pics from the first day. Were you able to find any type of solution??

@deere55 said:
    My M-40, Model#: MCG-13181 only stays in motion detect mode for 24 hours. If I take the card out after leaving it for a week, all the pictures will be from the first day. Can't figure out what is going on. I tried it multiple times, always the same. Firmware is 170808 which appears to be up to date. Please Help

• @4GIVON said:
    My W-40i (walmart M-40i) is doing the exact same thing. I just purchased it last week, checked firmware and removed the security tag as referenced in another post: (https://forums.moultriefeeders.com/discussion/1052/m40-i-camera-problems) but it still only takes pics for the first 24 hours. After leaving it in a buck travel lane for a week, I was ticked just to have pics from the first day. Were you able to find any type of solution??

@deere55 said:

What sd card are you using?

• @Sodbuster said:

What sd card are you using?

I have quite a few SD cards that I use for trail cams.. and to be quite honest... I cant remember the one that I put in it. I did format the card in the camera tho. I'll pull the card tomo and double check.

• SD card made all the difference. The first one that I tried that did not work was a Moultrie brand (ironic ;) that was a 16GB. Next I tried an older 8GB class 4 micro sd in an adapter. It worked perfect and took pics for the whole week (until I pulled the camera). SD cards make a big difference in these cameras. Hope this may help someone in the future

• My camera will only take videos for a day. I have set it all different ways. It's getting aggravating because i have missed videos of big bucks. I know because i have another camera facing the same direction taking pics.
  • edited April 12

Have the 40-I. I have done everything i can to get this camera to work. It takes 1 picture & quits. It will take 1 video & quits. It will take 1 pic & video & quit ! I have tried several different cards that work with the other cameras that i have. Any help appreciated !

• Both of my M-999i cameras have started doing this. One takes pics and video for a few days then quits the other it's hit or miss when it stops taking pics or videos. I was rotating cards in and out with an extra set of cards so I could look at the card when I got home. Pain in the rear when you have to drive 100 miles to look at a card that only has 2 or 3 days worth on it.