Comments

• I'm curious if there are any more new cams other than the A900/A900i. Are they keeping the 2019 lineup going? Something they don't advertise is that (on the m8000 anyway) you get a 3rd year of warranty if you register your cam within 60 days of purchase. Don't know if this was on all 2019's or just the higher end cams.

• I was wondering about the same thing as far as the current lineup. If I am seeing the price correctly it is going to be hard to sale the m8000i for more than the new A900/A900i camera if you can buy it in a package with memory card and batteries for around $100 Gonna have to reduce price of existing camera line or am I missing something? Which if I am not mistaken the A series cameras are usually a cheaper less optioned camera and the M series is usually the better camera???

• Yes the A series has always been the lesser camera. Very odd they didn't release an M series cam. Maybe it will come later, but usually it's all released at the ATA. Overall the new products at the ATA was kind of let down this year.

• The A900 is a much better deal than the M4000 with 30mp, the card and batteries. A good deal like you said. The M4000 is 16mp, no time lapse or PIR. Basically an A series. I have no idea how they are labeling things now. M series with the same features of the A. Now A series better than some of the M series.

• Reminds me of the Seinfeld episode "Opposites"

George : Hey, I just found twenty dollars! I tell you this, something is happening in my life. I did this opposite thing last night. Up was down, black was white, good was -

Jerry: Bad.

George : Day was -

Elaine : Night.

George : Yes!

• Elaine: What happened to the S series?

• @donejones said:
    Elaine: What happened to the S series?

The s50i was a troublesome camera I would say. I have had probably at least a dozen or more over the years counting replacements. I still have four or five of them. They are battery hogs. Over half that I received had IR filter stuck and would not correct itself and had to be sent back. Audio went bad in a few with video. And last but not least the LEDs would quit. They take great pictures and video when they work.
    I would say Moultrie dropped them.

• I have one left. A replacement. It takes some fine pics. I like my M50i for use with modems. > @TRM_1 said:

@donejones said:

The s50i was a troublesome camera I would say. I have had probably at least a dozen or more over the years counting replacements. I still have four or five of them. They are battery hogs. Over half that I received had IR filter stuck and would not correct itself and had to be sent back. Audio went bad in a few with video. And last but not least the LEDs would quit. They take great pictures and video when they work.
    I would say Moultrie dropped them.

• @TRM_1 said:
    I was wondering about the same thing as far as the current lineup. If I am seeing the price correctly it is going to be hard to sale the m8000i for more than the new A900/A900i camera if you can buy it in a package with memory card and batteries for around $100 Gonna have to reduce price of existing camera line or am I missing something? Which if I am not mistaken the A series cameras are usually a cheaper less optioned camera and the M series is usually the better camera???

i think that's the sale price on the A-900i, because its the new 2020 cam. and then shortly after it comes out id guess they will jack the price up around $120-130. and even though its a 2020 cam; the M-8000 is still the M series, is which is " usually the better camera." and id say then all of the A series cameras form 2019 will drop in price. i think thats more likely then a price drop in the M-8000.

• @donejones said:

i think they replaced the S series cam with the X series cameras.
    the X series cameras is almost the same as the S series cam, the only difference's is you no longer have a screen to view your pictures on,( which if you have a cellular option why would you need a viewing screen?)

• anybody know if they are gonna make a new p series cam for 2021?