New Buyer Questions on XA7000i

I am thinking of pulling the trigger on an XA7. I would like to know if for some reason things don't work out like the should with cellular signal etc will the camera still function like a regular camera? This will be my first cell cam. My M80 just crapped out I've had that camera for 8+ years and loved it, buy far one of my favorite cams I own. I was thinking if the cell part of the camera was a bust it would still be a good camera with transmitting photos.

Also, would everyone recommend this camera vs the Spypoint link micro? It seems i don't read a lot of good reviews on spypoint, granted they are by far the most popular so more users = more chance to read negatives.

Comments

• Yes, it would still capture photos. But there are very few places in the US that don't have at least limited coverage. You can use the coverage maps on both Verizon and AT&T to see if your area is covered.

I did not have a good experience with Spypoint but some do. You're right, it's going to largely vary by who you talk to. I have two of the X series cameras and aside from them being on the sensitive side, I have no complaints.

• @RocklockHunter said:
    Yes, it would still capture photos. But there are very few places in the US that don't have at least limited coverage. You can use the coverage maps on both Verizon and AT&T to see if your area is covered.

I did not have a good experience with Spypoint but some do. You're right, it's going to largely vary by who you talk to. I have two of the X series cameras and aside from them being on the sensitive side, I have no complaints.

Thanks for the reply and that's good to hear. Especially since you have experience with both.

I have read about the X being sensitive but I would rather error on side of false triggers than missed triggers is my thought. For how I intend to use these to up some odds during hunting season I want to make sure the take a pic when something walks past.

• @Sodbuster said:
    @sharp1c have you seen the latest option Spypoint is coming out

https://www.spypoint.com/en/products/cell-link

yea, I seen those last week. Don't think I will be the first to purchase one of those. Hopefully it works out but don't want to be the guinea pig for them this season, maybe next year for me.