xv7000i phone notifications

Please be patient. This is my first trail cam. We use it for tracking stray/lost dogs. Most of the settings make no sense to me! I need help.
What we would like is once there is movement in front of camera, ONE picture is taken & a video, short one. Once movement is detected we would like to receive immediate notification on cell phone...a beep/sound. Would like to receive that pic and video to my email as I know it wont send the video.
I am always "signed in". Does the app on phone need to be OPEN in order to get the notification immediately.
The minute a dog goes into the trap we need to be there. Hence the reason I would like immediate notification on cell phone.
Any advice would be welcomed.
Thank you, jamie

Comments

• edited January 23

https://pradcooutdoorbrands.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/categories/360001362173-Moultrie-Mobile

As long as notifications are on in both the app, and in the application settings in the phone. Yes you should get notifications. Test the camera before putting it out.

• edited January 23

If I'm reading your desired set-up correctly..

• Motion activated picture and video - Possible. Change setting to Picture and video
    • Immediate notifications - Possible. (normally about a 2-3 min delay) make sure your "Upload Frequency" is set to "Immediate"
    • Beep or sound - Possible. Make sure the app is set to allow notifications and the sound is on your phone.
    • Receive pic - Possible. It will be uploaded through the app to view
    • Receive video - NOT Possible. I'm sure it's in the works but that's not a feature offered just yet. You will be able to view the video on the card if you choose to do so.
    • Received via email - Partially possible. You can receive a NOTIFICATION of new images to your email, but you will not receive the actual image via email.

• Phone app open? - No, the app does not have to be open to get your notifications or receive images.

I hope that helps, but feel free to ask more questions if you get stuck.