A-40i Replacement

please tell me i'm not the only one that's ever had this happen...

at the beginning of march my A-40i decided to quit working. so i sent it in for warranty; they said "if it is under warranty we will replace it" i must of misunderstood the meaning of "replace it" because they sent me the A-700i bundle!
in my book that's not a replacement. lets forget about the SD card and battery's and compare cam to cam. on the A-40i side of things you have;

-'60 detection range
-'60 flash range

• battery life 19,000 images
  • 0.7 second trigger speed
  • 14 MP Photos
  • 720p HD video with audio
  • the moultrie illumi-night sensor

Now the A-700i side;

-'50 detection range
-'50 flash range

• battery life 17,000 images
  • 0.7 second trigger speed
  • 16 MP photos
  • the moultrie illumi-night sensor

when i bought my A-40i it was worth $80 and the A 700i is only worth $70. I feel like i just jot scammed... the box don't even say it records video! i feel like they sent me a cheaper cam and put in the SD card and battery's to make me happy, i will tell you it didn't. maybe if i call and complain about this piece of junk they will send me a different cam.

hope that all makes some sort of sense, any ideas on what i should do?

Comments

• now that i think about is they could not have sent me a new A-40i, because they don't make the camera anymore :(

i should not have called Moultrie cameras junk, i was kinda upset at the time... my cameras from moultrie have been great cameras.( with the exception of my A-40i) and the reason i called it junk is cuz i had just done some reading about how the new moultrie cameras quality has gone down a lot, is that right???

• edited March 24

I've used game cams since the 35mm days and have lost count how many total cams I run, but the bulk of them are Moultrie's. The quality of their cams have certainly not gone down. The quality of the entire game cam industry has gone up. I'm surprised they didn't upgrade you with a m8000i. I recently sent in one of my last White Flash and they replaced it with an m8000 which was a big upgrade in my book. One problem you are facing is they probably dont have alot of cameras in stock with the Coranavirus shutting the world down. I'm guessing the 2020 cams won't hit the market until fall if even then. I would run the 700i and compare it to your 40i before passing judgment. On paper the a40 should be better than the a30, but I prefer the night pics from my a30 over my a40.

• The card and batteries in the bundle more than makes up the difference as well.

• @Sodbuster said:
    I've used game cams since the 35mm days and have lost count how many total cams I run, but the bulk of them are Moultrie's. The quality of their cams have certainly not gone down. The quality of the entire game cam industry has gone up. I'm surprised they didn't upgrade you with a m8000i. I recently sent in one of my last White Flash and they replaced it with an m8000 which was a big upgrade in my book. One problem you are facing is they probably dont have alot of cameras in stock with the Coranavirus shutting the world down. I'm guessing the 2020 cams won't hit the market until fall if even then. I would run the 700i and compare it to your 40i before passing judgment. On paper the a40 should be better than the a30, but I prefer the night pics from my a30 over my a40.

i should give the 700i a shot before it think to poorly about it.
    it's good to have the "quality" question answered, it's been lingering in my brain ever since i read it. my A40i does do a lot better on the day picks, but my A-30 does a lot better i think so on the night picks; there brighter and more clear. maybe it has to do low glow LED's VS the no glow? i like the A-30 for videos, the scare the coyotes and make the deer look right at the cam! :)