Comments

• If it's like mine your not going to like it ! Bought it for my wife as she sets them up on her water stream to get pictures of birds. Maybe i got a " LEMON " ! I have set it up 3 different ways & it will take 12 pictures & stops. It will not take any pictures at night ! I have replaced the card, batteries, reset everything several times !

• Just to let you know, I'm having the same problem with my new a-900i camera. Nothing I can find or try will allow it to take pictures at night.
    I found that if the camera was set to take 3 high resolution pictures with a 15 delay it seems to function during daylight hours ok, but as soon as it gets dark the camera stops working until after dawn.

• Update and looking for advice: after more testing I can confirm the camera stops taking pictures once it is fully dark. The trigger zone for taking daylight pictures is 16’. Beyond that motion will not trigger shutter.
    Are there settings I’m missing someplace? Adjustment to the PIR sensitivity? Secret access? Seems to be a very simple setup screen with limited options. Am I missing something? Thanks.

• @thom I am sorry this is happening.

I did a test on The A-900i camera and I have had no problems with it at all except for a bad switch, which I need to send in for warranty at some point cuz I can't get the camera to power off.

I posted the whole "test" on this form, I will give you the link for it.

From what I can tell you aren't missing anything, No secret access, and No adjustment for pir sensitivity. The camera that I have takes bright and clear night pictures with ease. It could simply be that you, @Speedy and i were among the first people to get the camera, and got some bad ones, and I got off Scot free with only a bad switch. There are way to many variables that could affect the performance of your camera.

Do you have it over a trail? Or in a wide open field? If you have it in a big field it could just be that there is no wildlife moving in your cameras field of view. It is a common thing for cameras to have false triggers during the day and none at night. Hence no night pictures. Unless the camera is in a area of heavy traffic I would not put it past the camera for it's behaviour. If you did a test like I did I can almost guarantee you the problem. During my test, like you, the camera took no night pictures unless I walked In front of it. You need to put it in a field and try walking in it's field of view which is about 60ft.

Please let me know if the camera decides to act up.
  • Moultriecam2019 Thanks for the reply.
    I spent the day testing the camera.
    And I checked the critter traffic in front of the camera overnight with a real old Moultrie 100.
    3 elk, 1 deer and a raccoon family walked 10’ in front of both cameras overnight. The old Moultrie took 19 pictures albeit only 1.3 mp grainy pictures but the a-900i didn’t take any.
    In Daylight any movement beyond about 16’ will not trigger but the Moultrie 100 fires every time with movement out to about 30’.
    I’ve got a hunch I received a bad camera.
  • @Thom said:
    Moultriecam2019 Thanks for the reply.
    I spent the day testing the camera.
    And I checked the critter traffic in front of the camera overnight with a real old Moultrie 100.
    3 elk, 1 deer and a raccoon family walked 10’ in front of both cameras overnight. The old Moultrie took 19 pictures albeit only 1.3 mp grainy pictures but the a-900i didn’t take any.
    In Daylight any movement beyond about 16’ will not trigger but the Moultrie 100 fires every time with movement out to about 30’.
    I’ve got a hunch I received a bad camera.

@thom you could have very well gotten a bad camera if the 100 was right next to the 900i and took no picks. in that case i think it would be safe to say you got a bad one. it would be wise of you to send it in for waranty, you have a extended 1 year if you register it within, what i remember is 60 days from date of purchase, but don't quote me on that.

i found in my test the 900i would take pictures out between 50 and 60 ft. and during the night it would detect out to 70. if the 900i wouldn't take picks past 16 ft!? i have never had a camera do that. i would advise you to send it in.