Camera not sending pictures

Camera says 100% connection

Battery 80%

XA at&t model. Cell cam. Hmm never had this happen before. Has not sent a picture in about 24 hours. Supposed to connect every 8 hours. Has not connected since for 24 hours. Cam about 6 months old. Never had this happen before. Hope it’s just a network thing. Cam is 3 hour drive away. I set the camera to reformat the sad card next tiem it connects. If it ever does. Figures. Happens right before turkey season!!!

Comments

• Are you by chance using lithium batteries? It could be possible that it's not really at 80% as lithium batteries don't measure well on the battery meter. They could be dead.

• > @RocklockHunter said:
    > Are you by chance using lithium batteries? It could be possible that it's not really at 80% as lithium batteries don't measure well on the battery meter. They could be dead.

No lithium batteries I only planned on having the camera running for about a month so I used new Duracell batteries. I went cheaper because I didn’t plan on running it a long time like deer season.

Hopefully the cam just needs to be reset or as card reformatted... luckily my parents are heading out to the farm this week and can try to figure out what’s going on...
  • Regular Duracell batteries were dead. Energizer lithium installed now. Last time I go cheap Camera functioning properly now
  • I have one of the newer 7000 cameras that has the modem inside. Been working perfectly for a year and April 3rd it stopped sending pics. So I went out and changed the batteries. It seems to be taking pics and I hit the connect/status button just to check And it lights up and all that but if I look in the app it never says that the modem has checked in. I’m not sure why it would just randomly stop checking in.
  • Hmmm I don’t know. Reformating the sd card helps sometimes. If it is a true malfunction the cameras come with a 3 year warranty
  • Watched two deer right In front of my camera for about 10 min. No pictures sent. Then had a flock of seven jakes right In front of the camera for about 10 min. Finally the cam took a picture of one jake. I was in a blind about 10 yards from the camera. So disappointed. About ready to give up on these MoultrieMobile cams. Sigh.
  • I’m starting to feel the same way. And i have 4 cameras and modems.