Right arrow not working

M-40 // MCG-13181

A few weird things going on:

1. Quick Start Setting --> Quick Set, Right Arrow to START; Asks for "Test Capture" and the RIGHT ARROW won't select YES
  2. Custom Start ... arrow to upgrade Firmware, select YES then "ok" - nothing happens though I've copied the BIN file to the SD card.

Thoughts?

Comments

• First thing I would do is check the side of your SD card and make sure that the card isn't locked. (Little lever on the side of the card)

If that's not the case, then it could be that the camera is having trouble reading the SD Card. I've seen them go bad just out of the blue, so that could be a possibility as well.

• some things i do to prevent SD card probs, but some times you cant avoid a card problem despite your greatest efforts.

(1) i have two or more of the exact SD cards per camera, so that if you don't have to leave your camera, miss pictures, and have to make another trip into the field to put the SD in the cam. also you dot have to worry about the camera not accepting a different card.

(2) avoid performance and turbo cards, and use SD cards between class 4-10. class 10 being for higher end cameras like your M-40.

(3) moultrie cameras are supported up to a 32 GB card, any bigger and you will most likely have some problems.

@RocklockHunter said:
    First thing I would do is check the side of your SD card and make sure that the card isn't locked. (Little lever on the side of the card)

If that's not the case, then it could be that the camera is having trouble reading the SD Card. I've seen them go bad just out of the blue, so that could be a possibility as well.

i do not think that the card would be locked, but it is worth a look at. if that were so the cam would read, "card". i think i'ts most likely that you are ether using to big a card, or it is a "performance" card performance cards are meant to use in your "camera", not game camera.

• @moultriecam2019 I don't think it's 100% that the camera will throw a "card" error. I've had some cameras that do and some that don't. Model variance probably has something to do with it as well.

I agree it's likely a card issue though.

But given the OP hasn't been back since he posted, we'll probably never know :D