Recommended Cameras

Looking at purchasing a new non-cellular camera and was wondering what you folks are seeing for a good dependable Moultrie product that you would recommend. I don't need / want a cellular camera.

Comments

• For a low glow cam I really like the m8000
  • for a low glow camera, like @Sodbuster i would recommend the M-8000 is a real cool camera. it has supper bright night pictures, crystal clear day pics, and great flash an dect range. you could go with the M-8000i which is almost the same with two differences, camo type, and no glow. but if your going to get a 8000 series cam just get the M-8000 low glow, it make's for brighter night pics. that's as far as i can recommend for the newer cameras. if you would like i can give you more, just not for any cameras newer then 2019. with the exception of the A-900i which i have had not enough time with to recommend it to any one.

• Thanks for the info. I see the M8000 is currently out of stock . I'll give them a try if I can get my hands on a couple of them.

• > @katahdin said:
    > Thanks for the info. I see the M8000 is currently out of stock . I'll give them a try if I can get my hands on a couple of them.

Amazon has the best price on them. They were down to $84.95 recently. I should've bought one at that price before they went up $10.
  • edited May 22

A-900 i Bought one for my wife as she sets them up on her water stream to get pictures of birds. Maybe i got a " LEMON " ! I have set it up 3 different ways & it will take 12 pictures & stops. It will not take any pictures at night ! I have replaced the card, batteries, reset everything several times ! She is mad & i need help.

• @Speedy said:
    A-900 i Bought one for my wife as she sets them up on her water stream to get pictures of birds. Maybe i got a " LEMON " ! I have set it up 3 different ways & it will take 12 pictures & stops. It will not take any pictures at night ! I have replaced the card, batteries, reset everything several times ! She is mad & i need help.

One thing to check is to make sure the security strip is not on the inside of the door pressing on the buttons when the door closes. This was a past issue that caused that type of problem. What kind of card are you using?

• edited May 22

@Sodbuster said:

@Speedy said:

One thing to check is to make sure the security strip is not on the inside of the door pressing on the buttons when the door closes. This was a past issue that caused that type of problem. What kind of card are you using?

Strap is not the issue ! we was using the card they sent with it. We are now using the ones we have on about 20 Moultrie cams we use

• @Speedy said:

@Sodbuster said:

@Speedy said:

Strap is not the issue ! we was using the card they sent with it. We are now using the ones we have on about 20 Moultrie cams we use

You might try the search function at the top of the page. People have had similar issues, but I don't know if anything solved it other than removing the security strip or using a different sd card. I guess video mode has the same issue?

• edited May 22

@moultriecam2019 said:
    for a low glow camera, like @Sodbuster i would recommend the M-8000 is a real cool camera. it has supper bright night pictures, crystal clear day pics, and great flash an dect range. you could go with the M-8000i which is almost the same with two differences, camo type, and no glow. but if your going to get a 8000 series cam just get the M-8000 low glow, it make's for brighter night pics. that's as far as i can recommend for the newer cameras. if you would like i can give you more, just not for any cameras newer then 2019. with the exception of the A-900i which i have had not enough time with to recommend it to any one.

Does the A-900i have audio when using video? Thanks

• edited May 26

@Sodbuster said:

@katahdin said:
    Thanks for the info. I see the M8000 is currently out of stock . I'll give them a try if I can get my hands on a couple of them.

Amazon has the best price on them. They were down to $84.95 recently. I should've bought one at that price before they went up $10.

i say that scream-in good deal. and i bought it, no hesitation. i am verry impressed.

• @Sodbuster said:

@Speedy said:

the security strip is on the outside of the camera.

• @TRM_1 said:

@moultriecam2019 said:
    for a low glow camera, like @Sodbuster i would recommend the M-8000 is a real cool camera. it has supper bright night pictures, crystal clear day pics, and great flash an dect range. you could go with the M-8000i which is almost the same with two differences, camo type, and no glow. but if your going to get a 8000 series cam just get the M-8000 low glow, it make's for brighter night pics. that's as far as i can recommend for the newer cameras. if you would like i can give you more, just not for any cameras newer then 2019. with the exception of the A-900i which i have had not enough time with to recommend it to any one.

Does the A-900i have audio when using video? Thanks

the A-900i does not have audio with the video.

• @Speedy said:

first of all, the only birds that i know of that fly at night are owls, B) had to point that out.

second of all, i'm so tired of people saying that there cameras only take a certain number of pictures and stops!

here is what you should do, take a different camera, one that's close in comparison to the 900i. put it over the stream. then take the 900i and put it over a spot where pictures are gaurented. that will tell you if there is a problem with the 900i camera, or the stream.

tell your wife she needs to be more.... never mind, that's a touchy thing.

keep the camera for a little bit, you have to give it some time. you have a warranty, if it does-int improve then send it in.

• edited May 28

@katahdin I would say that you should try the new A-900i, i own the camera personally. thought i would give you something to do since your waiting on the 8000. ;) here is the link

https://www.moultriefeeders.com/a-900i-bundle