solar panel issues with fix

so i have been using the moultrie power panel for about two years to power my moultrie modem-usually all good. lately i have been having issues with not getting pics and i noticed that the internal charge was low as well as the current charge setting. well, i decided to replace the battery. ordered one from amazon for like 13$ prime. went to install it, took cover off, and hundreds of black ants with their eggs!!! cleaned al that out, installed battery and is as good as new... so these batteries can be replaced and watch for ant infestations!!!

Comments

• Leoch LP12-1.2 12V 1.3Ah Sealed Lead Acid Battery - This is an AJC Brand Replacement is what i bought

• > @zavetsky said:
    > so i have been using the moultrie power panel for about two years to power my moultrie modem-usually all good. lately i have been having issues with not getting pics and i noticed that the internal charge was low as well as the current charge setting. well, i decided to replace the battery. ordered one from amazon for like 13$ prime. went to install it, took cover off, and hundreds of black ants with their eggs!!! cleaned al that out, installed battery and is as good as new... so these batteries can be replaced and watch for ant infestations!!!

So, how did you kill the ants w/o getting all the internal electronics wet with ant spray? (sorry if that’s a stupid question, but I’ve never taken my panel apart, so perhaps the electronics are not even exposed). I am all of a sudden having issues with my panel not charging - perhaps I need to do the same with mine I didn’t even know you could replace the internal battery.
  • So, how did you kill the ants w/o getting all the internal electronics wet with ant spray? (sorry if that’s a stupid question, but I’ve never taken my panel apart, so perhaps the electronics are not even exposed). I am all of a sudden having issues with my panel not charging - perhaps I need to do the same with mine I didn’t even know you could replace the internal battery.