Moultrie Mobile Maps

The new app update went live this week which allows you to view maps in the app and drop pins for events and locations such as stands, cameras, blood ect and has multiple map layers.

What is everyone's thoughts on the new feature?

Comments

• i think it is sounds pretty cool, and could be very useful to a lot of people in a lot of different ways. haven't actually tried it out my self yet.... that brings out a question lol.

from the email that Moultie sent out Monday it sounds like you are only able to use it on the app? i would like to be able to use it over there website also. i sent a this same question, in a reply to the same email that was sent out on Monday but still haven't gotten a response.

• @RocklockHunter said:
    The new app update went live this week which allows you to view maps in the app and drop pins for events and locations such as stands, cameras, blood ect and has multiple map layers.

What is everyone's thoughts on the new feature?

you know i was thinking about typing something similar to what you said the day the first email was sent lol. but got busy, saved my draft and forgot all about it.

• It is limited to the Moultrie Mobile application. It would be interesting to know how many users view pictures through a web browser. (Personally, I work 10+ hours a day on a PC and rarely view my account through the browser.)

I'm guessing the overwhelming majority are viewed in a device with the app. Probably also a cost factor involved with creating a version that works in a browser as well. Which if the numbers are low, it wouldn't make it cost effective.

• > @RocklockHunter said:
    > It is limited to the Moultrie Mobile application. It would be interesting to know how many users view pictures through a web browser. (Personally, I work 10+ hours a day on a PC and rarely view my account through the browser.)
    >
    > I'm guessing the overwhelming majority are viewed in a device with the app. Probably also a cost factor involved with creating a version that works in a browser as well. Which if the numbers are low, it wouldn't make it cost effective.

That makes sense, I guess I will have to download the app. Is it anything like onXhunt? From the email it sounds better. Mostly because it's free :D
  • I have been using OnX for a couple years now. It's certainly similar but goes quite a bit further with landowner names, boundary lines and historical info such as burn areas, logging, B&C records ect.

I doubt Moultrie is even trying to compete with OnX, but for those unwilling, or unable to pay for the app, this is a great alternative. It gives the same core features so it will be very helpful for the people in that category-because as you mentioned, it's free!

• @RocklockHunter said:
    I have been using OnX for a couple years now. It's certainly similar but goes quite a bit further with landowner names, boundary lines and historical info such as burn areas, logging, B&C records ect.

I doubt Moultrie is even trying to compete with OnX, but for those unwilling, or unable to pay for the app, this is a great alternative. It gives the same core features so it will be very helpful for the people in that category-because as you mentioned, it's free!

You are spot on. Our goal was to bring high quality basic maps functionality straight to our users for free. But this was just the first release - much more planned!

• > @Mobile_Tsar said:
    > (Quote)
    > You are spot on. Our goal was to bring high quality basic maps functionality straight to our users for free. But this was just the first release - much more planned!

Great! I'm looking forward to using it. I sure it will work, but I love improvements and can't wait to see what else you guys can come up with :)
  • The new update does not allow the option to be sent a text once a picture is captured.
  • > @sbellamysr said:
    > The new update does not allow the option to be sent a text once a picture is captured.

I'm still able to send images via text after the update on Android. It's still under the Share option. Not sure about Apple though.