In consistency of signal strength

Hey guys my I have been noticing my ma2 rises and plummets in it's signal strength.

Any ideas why?

Comments

• All of my 4G devices have some pretty good swings in strength. I've seen as much as 0% to 70% in the same day.

I'm told it's due to several factors such as cell providers changing direction and strength of signal due to customer needs, weather variations and network congestion.
  • @RocklockHunter said:
    All of my 4G devices have some pretty good swings in strength. I've seen as much as 0% to 70% in the same day.

I'm told it's due to several factors such as cell providers changing direction and strength of signal due to customer needs, weather variations and network congestion.

i thought it might have something to do with the weather. the fires time i deployed it i had 60% then the next day it dropped to 13%. i ended up moving it to a different tree about 20 ft away and my signal went to 70% and at noon yesterday i noticed it dropped back to 13% after being there for over two weeks.

• > @RocklockHunter said:
    > All of my 4G devices have some pretty good swings in strength. I've seen as much as 0% to 70% in the same day.
    >
    > I'm told it's due to several factors such as cell providers changing direction and strength of signal due to customer needs, weather variations and network congestion.

I've noticed they are weaker antenna then other manufacturers. My covert has no problem in areas Moultrie wouldn't connect
  • @dpekera said:

I've noticed they are weaker antenna then other manufacturers. My covert has no problem in areas Moultrie wouldn't connect

I would expect that given they are roughly twice the cost.

• Been a fan of Moultrie for long enough. You get what you pay for. I got the Blackhawk LTE 20 on eBay for 260 after tax. Bottom line, you can't place Moultrie cellular where virtually every other camera can go. That to me is a huge difference and not just about price of camera. That's lacking on Moultrie. I'm assuming ease of use and signal strength would keep more customers.
  • > @dpekera said:
    > > @RocklockHunter said:
    > > All of my 4G devices have some pretty good swings in strength. I've seen as much as 0% to 70% in the same day.
    > >
    > > I'm told it's due to several factors such as cell providers changing direction and strength of signal due to customer needs, weather variations and network congestion.
    >
    > I've noticed they are weaker antenna then other manufacturers. My covert has no problem in areas Moultrie wouldn't connect

I am not impressed with converts image quality(I am speaking mostly of the night picks) I'd rather have clear pictures and not so good signal, than crapy images good signal.
  • > @dpekera said:
    > Been a fan of Moultrie for long enough. You get what you pay for. I got the Blackhawk LTE 20 on eBay for 260 after tax. Bottom line, you can't place Moultrie cellular where virtually every other camera can go. That to me is a huge difference and not just about price of camera. That's lacking on Moultrie. I'm assuming ease of use and signal strength would keep more customers.

I don't think I have ever, never gotten anything I have paid for lol.
  • edited July 15
    Looks like pretty much what we all get now with Moultrie. Hopefully the pics go through
  • I've been happy with quality so far

• > @moultriecam2019 said:
    > > @dpekera said:
    > > > @RocklockHunter said:
    > > > All of my 4G devices have some pretty good swings in strength. I've seen as much as 0% to 70% in the same day.
    > > >
    > > > I'm told it's due to several factors such as cell providers changing direction and strength of signal due to customer needs, weather variations and network congestion.
    > >
    > > I've noticed they are weaker antenna then other manufacturers. My covert has no problem in areas Moultrie wouldn't connect
    >
    > I am not impressed with converts image quality(I am speaking mostly of the night picks) I'd rather have clear pictures and not so good signal, than crapy images good signal.

Moultrie image quality is the only thing that's kept the majority of us still using it. Sure as heck isn't the app issues or low battery warnings. I've used Moultrie for three years now. But it does make a difference when you can get a camera in areas you won't get signal with Moultrie. I still have an XV7 (trying to activate and won't) and two modems. But they are useless unless I know I have excellent signal. We all know most mature deer are where everyone else is right?
  • Anybody figure out how the hi res is going to work now?

• > @dpekera said:
    > I've been happy with quality so far
    >
    > (Image)

That not bad, I musta seen some bad picks.
  • > @donejones said:
    > Anybody figure out how the hi res is going to work now?

Nope. And we will probably not know until it's live
  • > @moultriecam2019 said:
    > > @dpekera said:
    > > I've been happy with quality so far
    > >
    > > (Image)
    >
    > That not bad, I musta seen some bad picks.

And this is app not card. Even my buddy who owns a version from last year mentioned the difference in pic quality. I can't get any of my Moultrie setups to activate tonight. The modems only get to two solid red bars third just blinks before it shuts off. Phone has full 4g service in my office.
  • > @dpekera said:
    > > @moultriecam2019 said:
    > > > @dpekera said:
    > > > I've been happy with quality so far
    > > >
    > > > (Image)
    > >
    > > That not bad, I musta seen some bad picks.
    >
    > And this is app not card. Even my buddy who owns a version from last year mentioned the difference in pic quality. I can't get any of my Moultrie setups to activate tonight. The modems only get to two solid red bars third just blinks before it shuts off. Phone has full 4g service in my office.

Wierd, What part of the country do you live in? Are you using the right provider(At&t and Verizon) for your part of the state? I have never had that bad of signal. I use both At&t and Verizon and I have no probs.
  • Like I've said, I've used Moultrie for 3 seasons now. I'm 20 minutes south of Raleigh. There's something up for all three to not activate. Customer service has been contacted but will be tomorrow or later before they tell me I did something wrong.
  • Says they will be offering night and weekend assistance now too.

• @dpekera said:
    Been a fan of Moultrie for long enough. You get what you pay for. I got the Blackhawk LTE 20 on eBay for 260 after tax. Bottom line, you can't place Moultrie cellular where virtually every other camera can go. That to me is a huge difference and not just about price of camera. That's lacking on Moultrie. I'm assuming ease of use and signal strength would keep more customers.

The Blackhawk that I owned (which I found out later they are infamous for) had a very wide detection range so it resulted in a lot of blanks or pics of deer's noses.

As for the signal, I can't say for certain as I never had two different models in the same tree. But after the 3rd time of the antenna breaking off of it, I decided it was time for something new.

• > @donejones said:
    > Anybody figure out how the hi res is going to work now?

Yep, I figured it out.