New Subscription Plans?

Just received a text message from Moultrie stating they are going to be offering new subscription plans next week. Has anyone heard or read what changes will take place, or if they are finally going to allow multiple cameras to share a data plan?

Comments

• Message from the App:

New Plans Coming Soon
    Dear Moultrie Mobile Member,
    You asked and we listened. We're excited to share some big news: Moultrie Mobile is launching NEW subscription plans next week! Here's a quick look at some of the changes:

What's New?
    Unlimited Plans: Enjoy your images rolling in without interruption or caps
    Pro Plan: Add multiple cameras to a single unlimited plan
    Annual Plans: Pay once, save more

You'll receive full details on the new subscription plans next week, so be on the lookout! Once the new plans are live, you can choose to move to a new plan or stay on your existing plan.
    Stay tuned next week and thank you for being a Moultrie Mobile Member!

• edited July 10

I believe we're all in the same boat of waiting until next week for the details.

To answer your question though, the communication says that you'll be able to add multiple cameras to a single, unlimited plan.

I believe this will be a big win for Moultrie. One of the most common pieces of feedback is that the plans are more costly in comparison to competitors. Hopefully this change will help bridge the gap. As always, you'll have to do some math to see which plan best fits your scenario.

• Hoping they are decent , Ditched 3 XV7 cameras and still have two 4g modems that I would like to use if the plans aren't just a band aid. So far though to be honest the Blackhawk LTE cameras I replaced my XV7's with are miles above when it comes to signal reception and response time in regards to downloading to the app. Within 30sec. And has GPS function.

• i am looking forward to this, it will be interesting to see what they came up with and actually how much better of a deal it is.

• I see the system is going down at 8pm for 12 hours. So I hope they have the new plans available Wednesday. I have 2 MA2’s and a XA7000i. Just hope it’s reasonable
  • > @MaineHunter71 said:
    > I see the system is going down at 8pm for 12 hours. So I hope they have the new plans available Wednesday. I have 2 MA2’s and a XA7000i. Just hope it’s reasonable

I don't think moultrie will disappoint us, I think it will be reasonable.
  • Caught a quick screen shot before it disappeared
  • > @TRM_1 said:
    > Caught a quick screen shot before it disappeared

Nice!
  • Go to www.moultriemobile.com and scroll down to the bottom of the page for info on the new plans.

• Looks like they have a pro series, unlimited, large and standard.
  • Definitely better , now they just need to address the lack of signal strength compared to many other cameras on the market.

• > @moultriecam2019 said:
    > > @MaineHunter71 said:
    > > I see the system is going down at 8pm for 12 hours. So I hope they have the new plans available Wednesday. I have 2 MA2’s and a XA7000i. Just hope it’s reasonable
    >
    > I don't think moultrie will disappoint us, I think it will be reasonable.

It's in line with other manufacturers now. Now if I could just get a camera to activate I'd be good.
  • All I've been able to dig up. Still showing old plans on the Plan Overview. I had to semi activate a device to see it.

• @donejones Looks like something may be cached on your browser. Should be able to do CTRL+F5 or CTRL+SHIFT+R and it will reload the website without your local cache, then you should see some newer, prettier UI around that (as well as the new plan overviews)

• Is the hi res 35 pic still in effect for regular plans?

• I got it to open in Edge. I'll have to clear out Chrome.

• Seems reasonable, I would have liked to have seen a 5000 image shared data plan as I only run 4 cameras and rarely go over 1000 images per camera... guess I'll just have to buy more cameras to get my moneys worth ;)

• Its not bad, I was expecting better. Don't ask why.
  • Has anyone changed their plan yet to the unlimited pro series so you can group modems together?

• > @dbryant1972 said:
    > Has anyone changed their plan yet to the unlimited pro series so you can group modems together?

It says ideal for 3+devices. That tells me you would be able to.
  • edited July 16
    > @donejones said:
    > Is the hi res 35 pic still in effect for regular plans?

Yea it is still in effect. For the new plans it is only 5 images. I was wondering that also.
  • @SwampDonkey87 said:
    Seems reasonable, I would have liked to have seen a 5000 image shared data plan as I only run 4 cameras and rarely go over 1000 images per camera... guess I'll just have to buy more cameras to get my moneys worth ;)

For my current setup, this would have been ideal for me as well. I still get a savings with the Standard plan as the price has dropped from what I'm currently paying.

But I purposely don't get a lot of pictures because I need to extend battery life (in some cases, to a full year) so the unlimited plans don't help me much.

That being said, I very well may be in the minority. Moultrie certainly has the data available to see how many images the average user receives so I would assume they targeted that base. (At least, I would have if it were me)

• I could see running the standard if hi res is only 5 pics. Problem is how many hot spot/sensitivity pics would I get a day with the XV's? Who knows.

Running the large for $15 is the same as I was paying for medium with 1500 pics. More hi res pics though.

Then I have signal issues and am very limited where I can put Verizon. Do I gamble with an ATT service when its never as good as Verizon? (I use a Verizon phone there) May have to try it.

Only way I'd try unlimited would be over feed with excellent signal.

• @donejones said:
    I could see running the standard if hi res is only 5 pics. Problem is how many hot spot/sensitivity pics would I get a day with the XV's? Who knows.

I can only speak for myself, but I no longer have that issue with my X7000s. I suppose the firmware update corrected the issue. I get the same amount from my split systems as I do the X series now.

• I have 4 cell cams and just changed one to the unlimited pro plan so I should be able to add the other 3 for $7.99 but when I try to add those it just tells me it's unable to process my request.

• @Jriedy85 said:
    I have 4 cell cams and just changed one to the unlimited pro plan so I should be able to add the other 3 for $7.99 but when I try to add those it just tells me it's unable to process my request.

Hey @Jriedy85
    Try it again and see if you still have the issue. Spacing the activations out a few minutes should allow time for everything to process on the back end. Let us know if that works.

• @Moultrie_Girl said:

@Jriedy85 said:
    I have 4 cell cams and just changed one to the unlimited pro plan so I should be able to add the other 3 for $7.99 but when I try to add those it just tells me it's unable to process my request.

Hey @Jriedy85
    Try it again and see if you still have the issue. Spacing the activations out a few minutes should allow time for everything to process on the back end. Let us know if that works.

This was my question as well from this morning. Hopefully that works.

• So it's been about 30 min but I can't add any modems to my unlimited pro plan. Says unable to process my request for me as well.