Comments

• I think you have a bad IR sensor, here is how to reset the camera. Thats to bad, the 6000 is a fairly new camera and for it to have a bad IR sensor right off the bat is no good.

https://pradcooutdoorbrands.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360005928673-IR-Filter-Reset-Black-Discolored-Distorted-Photos
  • Thanks for the link. I will give it a shot.

• That stinks. I would recommend contacting Customer Service to explain the issue. The good news is that it's a cell cam so they will be able to look on the backend at the images and get more insight.

• yup, contact customer service for warranty, it should be about 1 week from the time they receive the cam to when you get your new one.

good luck!

• I'm having the same problem as DaveinOhio is having with the second A900i, brand new out of the box the IR flash will not work. Unlike the first camera that was returned all the daylight pictures look great but only black images all night long. I've contacted Moultrie Support to see if there are other things that could be tried but I've been at this camera business for many years and this to me acts like a bad IR sensor or just a bad IR flash. I'll followup with what Moultrie recommends.

• @Thom said:
    I'm having the same problem as DaveinOhio is having with the second A900i, brand new out of the box the IR flash will not work. Unlike the first camera that was returned all the daylight pictures look great but only black images all night long. I've contacted Moultrie Support to see if there are other things that could be tried but I've been at this camera business for many years and this to me acts like a bad IR sensor or just a bad IR flash. I'll followup with what Moultrie recommends.

did you try the IR filter reset?

• Yes, IR reset performed 6 times in 3 days. Early Morning daylight picture quality actually got worse. All images are cloudy as it it was dense fog when in fact the sky is clear. Pictures clear up once the camera is in the sun(?) which seems very odd.
    Night pictures show faint images 5 feet away with odd black grid pattern over image.
    I’m baffled, never having seen this kind of behavior before I’m not sure what to try next.
  • > @Thom said:
    > Yes, IR reset performed 6 times in 3 days. Early Morning daylight picture quality actually got worse. All images are cloudy as it it was dense fog when in fact the sky is clear. Pictures clear up once the camera is in the sun(?) which seems very odd.
    > Night pictures show faint images 5 feet away with odd black grid pattern over image.
    > I’m baffled, never having seen this kind of behavior before I’m not sure what to try next.

you have me baffled also, Thats just plain wierd.

Are you sure it is not actually foggy? Can you post a pick or two for example? It would make sense if it was foggy and then it cleared up after the sun came out. The property I have has a river running thru it, almost all of my cameras are on that property. I get a good amount off "foggy" pictures from each of my cameras so I think I would be able to tell if your camera has a problem or the weather has one.
  • We rarely get fog here and I know for sure there was no fog on any of the mornings as I report observed weather conditions every morning. The night picture should have shown me standing on the stump that can be seen in the other pictures only 8’ from the camera.
    The clear picture was after the sun came up over the mountain and hit the camera for a few minutes.
    Thoughts?
  • We rarely get fog here and I know for sure there was no fog on any of the mornings as I report observed weather conditions every morning. The night picture should have shown me standing on the stump that can be seen in the other pictures only 8’ from the camera.
    The clear picture was after the sun came up over the mountain and hit the camera for a few minutes.
    Thoughts?

Sorry: the forum will not allow me to upload pictures. Returns messages saying I do not have authorization. I’ll look for a picture sharing site I can access.
  • > @Thom said:
    > We rarely get fog here and I know for sure there was no fog on any of the mornings as I report observed weather conditions every morning. The night picture should have shown me standing on the stump that can be seen in the other pictures only 8’ from the camera.
    > The clear picture was after the sun came up over the mountain and hit the camera for a few minutes.
    > Thoughts?

Hmmm... Are you using alkaline batteries? how cold did it get? I cant imagine it got that cold as summer is still here, but we are all ready getting fall-ish weather here at night.
  • @Thom how are you trying to upload you pictures?
  • Moultrie has sent me a replacement camera and it is working properly.