Suggested Enhancements?

Comments

• Is there a way we can have a longer period before uploads. Right now we have immediate, 2/day 1/day. can we have the option for 2/week or 3/week options or weekly, so we can prolong battery life?

• Email notification for camera updates !!! Let us know before there is a problem !!

• Would love to be able to link multiple Moultrie mobile accounts to my camera. Instead I have to share my account with my fellow lease people. I would love to have the ability to create a website login that had access to pictures/camera settings, but could not change any of my profile details or the data plan. This would be really useful to me, but I really like the service.

• Another thing that would be nice is a longer antennae that I can raise up on a pole. I have one for another wireless camera, it increases my signal by about 2 bars, it allows me to put that camera up in a couple of remote areas that I cannot put this modem.

• Multiple logins and notifications to users would be great

• It would be nice to have a direct link to this site from the app.
  • I haven't noticed a security box for this modem. Is there one available, maybe coming in the near future? If so, would it compromise the signal strength in any way. Not an issue for me, but some it could be the difference between continuous pics or not. Just curious. Thanks.
  • @JuddGunR Security box is definitely coming; just isn't quite in stock yet (I don't have an exact date).

• @JuddGunR said:
    I haven't noticed a security box for this modem. Is there one available, maybe coming in the near future? If so, would it compromise the signal strength in any way. Not an issue for me, but some it could be the difference between continuous pics or not. Just curious. Thanks.

There are a few 3rd party boxes out.
    http://www.outdoortrailcams.com/camlockbox-security-box-for-moultrie-modem-mv1/

• Would there be any reason why my info strip option will not stay set to on? I have turned it to on multiple times and saved my settings, but everytime I check it it is off.
  • @zonkd said:

@JuddGunR said:
    I haven't noticed a security box for this modem. Is there one available, maybe coming in the near future? If so, would it compromise the signal strength in any way. Not an issue for me, but some it could be the difference between continuous pics or not. Just curious. Thanks.

There are a few 3rd party boxes out.
    http://www.outdoortrailcams.com/camlockbox-security-box-for-moultrie-modem-mv1/

Thanks so much! Appreciate the info.

• Any update on possible future enhancements?
    Just wondering if any of our suggestions are possible in the future.

• @MikeNelson Everything with validity is going on our list of updates and awesomeness. We're still combating the massive influx of users that the launch has brought us, but rest assured new features and improvements are coming as soon as possible.

• Maybe it's been suggested, but it would be nice to set the upload frequency to custom times. At minimum, it would be awesome to be able to set the exact times for the twice a day and once a day uploads. Example, I would like to have my pictures upload at 8:00AM and 8:00PM.

• The problem with the modem not connecting to camera if you are using a security code needs to be addressed ASAP please.

• a better way to mount the camera using a strap that reduces the likelihood you will be jarring the camera against the tree. I am convinced that this is the number one killer of any game cam. I have one(different brand) that uses a slotted connection that allows you to attach the strap then slide the cam onto the mount. Something along those lines would be great.

• Is there any way you could add a check box, to save login info on the app so it is not necessary to type the password everytime it logs out. Thank you.
  • How about a "sleep mode" in the settings where you can tell the app not to notify you between the hours of ______ and _______. Currently I have to manually turn off notifications every night so my phone doesn't wake me up at 3am and then turn them back on again when I wake up.

• I would like to see the USB connector receptacle on the cameras changed to match the one on the modems. I am 58 years old and have very good eye sight except I must wear reading glasses. In the field the small receptacle on the cameras is very hard to see. It is also very easy to mess it up while plugging the USB cord to the cameras. The receptacle on the modem is easy to see and for the most part trouble free for connecting to the cord. If the cameras had the same receptacle as the modem, I would not have to have a magnifying glass to see the one on the camera. It would also cut down on issues for Moultrie and the customer. I had the old system for 8 years and currently have four of the new modems. I love the system but really would love to see the receptacle on the cameras changed to match the one on the modem. Not getting any younger, please change the receptacle.

• While not directly Modem related, a revision to the current Mobile App that would allow connection of a smart phone directly to a camera. The interface on the app is great for setting up the camera as well as managing photos.

I have several cameras and only one modem. Thinking of getting second modem but waiting to see what will be new in 2017.

• Would it be possible to lock the USB connectors under a door that a cable lock goes through ? Someone stole my camera and modem I never got any pictures or movements when they were taking it so I figure they first unplugged the USB cable and then cut the cables.
  • I don't know if anyone has suggested this or not. But in the App when you click on one of your thumbnails and it opens the picture and makes the rest of the screen black. It would be nice to be able to just swipe left or right to scroll to the next picture. Currently you have to back out and then swipe left or right and then click on the thumbnail to enlarge a picture.
  • Has there been any developments regarding being able to put multiple modems on one Data plan? I ran two during the hunting season last year and would like to get a couple more.

• @toco said:
    Would it be possible to lock the USB connectors under a door that a cable lock goes through ? Someone stole my camera and modem I never got any pictures or movements when they were taking it so I figure they first unplugged the USB cable and then cut the cables.

LOVE this idea! Not only from a theft standpoint, this would also be great to keep from squirrels, bears ect from pulling the cable loose.

• I've only had the modem a few weeks and it's awesome by the way but what about a "Test" button on the app or website? Instead of having to manually hit the test button at the camera site. You can check on the modem from wherever you are.
  • If my modem is checking in how is the signal strength showing zero? I haven't received photos but the modem is checking in.
  • Can you get picture notifications to multiple phones? If not that would be great.
  • deer recognition feature?... so i can name my deer and get alerts when a certain deer is there?... jk but maybe someday?... maybe being able to take a photo manually via a mobile phone?

• Is there anyone from the Moultrie team even looking at these posts. I haven't seen anyone respond in a VERY long time.

• I started browsing the forum again a few weeks back and it's seems they've let it go.