Suggested Enhancements?

Comments

• I agree. Hopefully once it gets closer to the season, they will ramp up and get people back on here. It is a good way to find out about issues and how we are all dealing with it.

• Rest assured folks, they are keeping a tight eye on what you guys want and are doing their best to accommodate everyone they can so that Moultrie Mobile is the best of the best. Everyone has just been so busy working on stuff that they haven't had as much time to spend on the forums.

• A good enhancement would be multiple modems on same plan. Or, different pay methods on each modem. That way my son can get some modems. lol. We use the same account.

• An option to mount a rifle to the modem/camera and be able to pull the trigger remotely.
  • Uncle Sam got mad at me when I tried to do that.

• Hello all,

We sincerely apologize for the delay in response. Rest assured, we are here now to answer any questions that you have.

• I would like to see more intervals for modem connection and uploading. instant, 2/day 1/day is a fairly large gap. I would like to see the addition of every hour (24/day) every half hour(48/day), or ability to have custom set connection times. Also some longer times might be useful if running with a solar panel if battery gets drained can change it to longer and give solar panel time to recharge batteries. 1/2days, 1/3days, etc.

Rechargeable battery packs would be a nice improvement as well over using AA batteries. I purchased the solar panel to help but haven't tested it yet since my modem stopped working. But a battery pack like a cell phone has would be great improvement LiPo or LiIo with a large Ah rating.

Replacement antenna or a more durable antenna. Apparently a raccoon ran up the tree I had modem strapped to and one of it's claws hit the antenna and broke it, so it stopped sending pics. It should absolutely be able to hold up to critters crawling on it.

• @Mikesnow Thanks for the suggestions! These are great and we really appreciate it. Your suggestions have been passed on to the Moultrie Team.

• Need a way to force the modem to check in by a click of a button!

• You can press the button on the side of the modem to force it to track in - doing it remote poses significant (and I do mean significant) reduction in battery life due to the modem having to be in a higher power state to listen for a remote communication, which is why there isn't a 'control your modem via the app' feature built in right now.

• @Ninjaneer said:
    You can press the button on the side of the modem to force it to track in - doing it remote poses significant (and I do mean significant) reduction in battery life due to the modem having to be in a higher power state to listen for a remote communication, which is why there isn't a 'control your modem via the app' feature built in right now.

Thanks for the response. Make it to where it can only be used no more than once per day in the app or online. Then post a warning by the button. If any thing else it needs to be available to CS for trouble shooting purposes.

• Make the App stay signed in or at least have it save your username so all you have to enter is the password.
  • I too would like to see the ability to check modem status or even request a picture remotely. In fact I requested/suggested this last August (2016)--but no change. I recognize and understand the battery concern---but giving users the ability to turn real time control on/off would accommodate all users needs. Battery life isnt as important to me as the ability to request a picture. Additionally the ability to only upload pictures during specified time brackets would be nice. I'm generally not interested in pictures midday for my application. Maybe with continued efforts moultrie will consider these.
  • It would be nice to see what version firmware your camera has on you dashboard

• 1.5.1 I have done/ checked everything I could from reading suggestions on the forums. I guess I'm going to have to send it in again.
  • Throw the whole thing away and start over
  • Is it possible for one account to have say, 1 or 2 GB of data and have multiple cameras pulling from that data pool? I would like to add modems to all my moultrie cams but it is really expensive to do @ $10 a month per cam. Some cameras use more date than others so it can be a hassle trying to balance each camera's data plan. I know some other QDMA people around me who would really be able to utilize a single data pool for a dozen cameras or so. I've spoken with a few people on the support line and was directed here in hopes of getting that ball rolling. Thanks!

• @jakefromstatepharm We have talked about this several times and there are a lot of coordinating and discussions going on around this. I will bring it up again and make sure it is added to the discussion list.

• I have a suggestion about the suggestions.

Review the ones that are technically feasible and list those in a forum type board where we can all vote on them (only one vote per email per suggestion).

Some seem like great ideas to me and others are ... meh - but that's my opinion. Others' opinions will be different - which is the point of my suggestion.
  • > @Mr_Whitetail_Tracker said:
    > @Ninjaneer said:
    > You can press the button on the side of the modem to force it to track in - doing it remote poses significant (and I do mean significant) reduction in battery life due to the modem having to be in a higher power state to listen for a remote communication, which is why there isn't a 'control your modem via the app' feature built in right now.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Thanks for the response. Make it to where it can only be used no more than once per day in the app or online. Then post a warning by the button. If any thing else it needs to be available to CS for trouble shooting purposes.

My suggestion is similar to Ninjaneer's:
    Give the ability to immediately change camera settings, take a picture, upload "now", etc.
    If power requirement is a concern make this feature available only when the modem is on external power (you could sell more battery packs and solar panels that way - I'd buy one if it meant more immediate control). Talk to Verizon about chipping in on the development dollars arguing it will drive more data usage and more expensive plan subscriptins.
  • edited October 2017

On the Android app (not sure about the one for IOS), in Camera Settings, change the switches to a different style that's easier to see how they're set. Example: "Managed Memory", "Motion Freeze", "Info Strip", etc. Currently, there is a button and the button says "On".
    Does that mean it's on now or does that mean if I click the button it'll be on??? (you don't have to answer, I learned through trial and error).

I suggest changing these to slider switches or check boxes or something so there's no confusion about the current state or about what clicking will do.

Thanks

• PFR: As a user, I would like the ability to eliminate false triggers, and organize my user experience / photo gallery by identifying the animal.

At first this may sound very impossible, however, with a service such as "AWS Rekognition," it's very possible. AWS Rekognition would enable able the application developer to analyze each image, detecting recognizable "objects(faces/animal types)." Rekognition would enable the images to be filtered according to what was recognized, so that false triggers could be displayed / visualized separately from images with intended targets in them. Understanding that the cost incurred would not diminish, because the false triggers would still need to transported to the cloud, analyzed and filtered. This would just provide a better experience for the user when scrolling through dozens of possible bad images.

The developer could also detect recurring "objects/faces," and therefore enable the ability to provide visualizations grouped by common objects. All deer in a folder, all turkey in a folder, all bucks in a folder... even down to the level of detail where pictures of "buck-X," only goes into a particular folder.

• Someone may have posted this already, but I don't have an answer yet. Is there a way to eliminate the auot-text added to photos when attempting to "share" it? I don't need the "Check out this image from Moultrie Mobile" added to my photos and it is an annoyance to have to delete it every time I share/send a photo via email or text message.

• edited November 2017

Given that Daylight Savings time ended today, I thought of another nice-to-have feature.

Add a checkbox to the camera settings called
    "Auto update camera date/time"

When the modem checks in, set the camera date/time to what the modem gets from the tower (similar to how our cell phones set the date/time automatically).

You might also need a "Time Zone" and "DST-Observed" setting - not sure what data you get from the tower.

• @tylojuky The camera will already automagically update it's time based on what the modem receives from the tower.

• I'm not in IT so I'm not sure this is possible or not. But one of the bigger challenges users are facing relates to out of date firmware.

What if the system were able to push the firmware updates to the camera upon check-in? You could display on the dashboard if the camera has the most up to date version and if not, it could be pushed to the camera in a similar fashion that the firmware updates are sent to the modem.

Not sure if that makes sense or not but this would not only alert the user to what the issue may be but also allow for it to be corrected remotely vs. having to go into the field to manually update.

• @RocklockHunter

Great minds think alike! This is something the Moultrie Mobile team has in the works! Stay tuned!

• I don't know if these have been mentioned yet or not since this topic has gotten pretty lengthy.
    I think that the 3 options for upload frequency needs an update. Immediate is nice but consumes battery life badly in cold weather. Once or twice daily is a bit lengthy for us picture crazy deer freaks that gotta see what is going on at all times. Can we get it changed to add the ability for Hourly / Every Other Hour upload frequencies? Maybe even select hours between uploads?
    I would also like to have the ability to change time-lapse in half hours not just whole hours. I have a lot of issues with SUN triggers when the sun hits camera during high winds and would like to be able to fine tune when detection mode is returned.
    I know the last option is more a band-aid for false triggers but until we get a firmware that doesn't present these issues, I don't want these photos consuming my data.

• I just had an idea I thought would be awesome. I’m sure there is some kind of signature in the modem that can tell where it is roughly. Well when pictures get uploaded the app should pull the weather conditions for where the modem is at the time the pic was taken. My camera shows pressure, temp and moon phase but wind direction and velocity, humidity and stuff like that might be handy to know. It might tell me when deer show up maybe the wind is in a certain direction or speed. This could all be done on Moultries end of the site and app. I don’t think you would have to do anything to the cameras or modems to get this to work. Just an idea.
  • @Jriedy85 Very neat idea. Definitely will pass it over to the team