Suggested Enhancements?

Comments

• Like have DSL ran to your tree?

• Is there a way you could make it possible to update the firmware from the mobile app? I think that may be a good option in my opinion
  • @UTGrad said:
    On the website, the "next" and "previous" tabs are in an awkward spot when viewing pics. Maybe it's just my laptop and Windows 10 but I have to scroll down to hit those tabs which blocks some of the pic. Maybe those tabs could be placed closer to the picture? A small nuance but wasn't sure if anyone else has this issue.

Keep up the good work!

UTG, You can resize the viewing area of you laptop, I had to do this to my laptop. The pic is a little smaller but the next and previous tabs are in view now.

• @gkreps said:

@UTGrad said:
    On the website, the "next" and "previous" tabs are in an awkward spot when viewing pics. Maybe it's just my laptop and Windows 10 but I have to scroll down to hit those tabs which blocks some of the pic. Maybe those tabs could be placed closer to the picture? A small nuance but wasn't sure if anyone else has this issue.

Keep up the good work!

UTG, You can resize the viewing area of you laptop, I had to do this to my laptop. The pic is a little smaller but the next and previous tabs are in view now.

Thanks...something I didn't want to have to do but I agree that should work. Honestly I'm doing very little viewing from the website now. Almost everything I do is from the app.

• Idk if anyone has suggested this yet. I would like to see on the app the last time the modem has connected to the server. I think now it just shows the last time it sent pictures. Let's say you have it set to send pics once a day. Well if it connects and doesn't find any new pictures to send it would be handy to know that it at least checked for pictures.
  • @Jriedy85 said:
    Idk if anyone has suggested this yet. I would like to see on the app the last time the modem has connected to the server. I think now it just shows the last time it sent pictures. Let's say you have it set to send pics once a day. Well if it connects and doesn't find any new pictures to send it would be handy to know that it at least checked for pictures.

I think this would be helpful as well.

Thanks,

• Yep I agree that being able to see the last time the modem checked in would be helpful. It would give peace of mind the unit is powered on and working. Things like batteries going dead, USB getting disconnected, theft, etc are always a possibility. If I can see it hooked up to the server I don't have to wonder "did a squirrel just bungee jump and land on my USB cable and yank it out?" Lol
  • In my best opinion one of the best features of the mobile system is the app and website.

Could Moultrie set it up where you can upload pics from SD card installed on computer directly into the Moultrie Mobile website? This might be a solution if the servers are down or there are problems with the modem, I can still upload pics and filter and sort them with the app. I simply insert my SD card and upload to the website.
  • I think a red notification tag on the top right of the app that showed how many pics you have would be nice also. The same as you would have for messages or emails, but instead for the moultrie app and the number of new images.

• I would also love for each new image to show in the text message sent to notify I have a new image. This is much easier than having to open the app each time to view them. The app is a great feature for changing camera setting and viewing remaining data, but I have the moultrie mobile and a covert black ops, and I prefer the covert simply because the image is just there for me to view when I receive it and there is never more than a two minute delay on getting pictures. Don't get me wrong, I am a true moultrie fan, have more than a dozen various models, but it isn't quite as nice as the covert when it comes to viewing images. Hopefully it is possible to make this happen, if not for this model, possibly for the future models. Also the wireless data plans are a bit cheaper. Although there is room for improvement, I do like it and it does perform as it should majority of the time.

• As a hunter most of us only get time off after 5 pm.
    Also the weekends but have no support that really sucks guys.
  • In the app under camera settings can y'all change the "upload warning limit" to where you can simply type in the number? Hitting the plus or minus sign is cumbersome and time consuming, especially if you want a high upload limit.
  • I would like to see some type of ongoing issues threads or stickie. As with others I feel like we are paying to beta test the product. Being that we are paying members I would like to see what the ongoing issues are. We have invested, it would be nice to start gaining some return.
  • edited September 2016

Built in microphone. lol

• How about not having to constantly sign in on the Android app. Once you're signed in on your device, there should be a remember me box. I don't think anyone is gonna hack my deer pics! Lol!
  • @LukeReierson That was happening on mine. I reinstalled and it started working right.

• @LukeReierson said:
    How about not having to constantly sign in on the Android app. Once you're signed in on your device, there should be a remember me box. I don't think anyone is gonna hack my deer pics! Lol!

This only happens to me if I have multiple windows of the app open. If I completely close it out each time, then I don't run into that issue.

• I'll try and reinstall! Thanks!
  • edited September 2016

Would love to see the Latest Activity time based on the actual location of the Modem, or allow the user to set their time zone and have the system adjust the time displayed + or - depending on the time zone. (Small thing but would be nice to see).

Maybe an option in the Settings to allow picking of a time zone. Also would like the ability to pick a time range when my modem checks in (I understand the issues of having the server slammed by allowing folks to pick a specific time) ... maybe something like a four hour block - based on the persons actual time zone (12AM - 4AM, 4AM - 8AM, 8AM -12PM and so forth.) At least this way folks can decide what time block would work best for them based on their needs/wants.

• One last thought ... Picture on Demand ... force the camera to take a picture and send it out just to verify that everything is working and there are no issues. I know that you can do time lapse on some cameras - but it would be nice to be able to do a quick check-in just to make sure that everything is OK with the modem and the camera, especially good when hours away from the camera and pics are not showing up when set to immediate.

• @tobiasnevermore I did that by setting a time lapse for a day(on the hour for a few hours) then switching it back to motion detect.

• @tobiasnevermore the pic on deman has been requested a bunch ever since the modem came out. Evidently it's not an option right now because the modem would have to be "listening" all the time for a signal. This would drain batteries.
  • @UTGrad I was hoping that maybe they could cue the requests for "immediate requests" and then parse through them every 10 min. I can't imagine that there would be a ton of requests for this all of the time - so it would just take a little work to check the queue ... if requests are there then send the request to the modem - trigger the camera to wake up - take the picture - and then put the image in the queue for sending out to the user.

Guess I am thinking to far outside of the box on this since I am a software developer and do all kinds of crazy stuff for my various clients needs. :)

• @tobiasnevermore Queuing the requests is simple enough, but it takes a decent amount of work for the modem to wake up and establish a connection, do all the handshaking with the cell tower to determine transmit and receive frequency slot and power output, and then do authentication with the servers, etc.

It's something we're looking at, we just have to figure out how to do it without tanking the battery life.

• @donejones yep - did the same thing. Just had to wait and wait for either the magic time to show up to get the picture or for a motion event to happen. Waiting isn't something I am good at!

• @Moultrie_Ninjaneer - yes, battery life more important than just about anything that would cause the battery to drain. Time Lapse is a non perfect workaround - but it does work. Thanks!

• I would like to be able to add pictures from other cameras so I can rage them and be able to monitor deer throughout the farms instead of just the one camera I have on mobile. If we have a registered mobile I think it would be a nice feature to upload other trail camera photos so we can tag and sort to better track deer movements.
    Thanks
  • I think it would be helpful if the app would display the amount of new images prior to opening. Very similar to how the Facebook app shows you when you have new notifications just by looking at the app icon.

• Is there any way yall can add a 6" 44 magnum barrel to the modem? I'd like to be able to harvest this buck I'm getting on camera remotely.

• I asked for the microphone so I can grunt some bucks in.