Moultrie Mobile Helpful Tips

2

Comments

  • Moultrie_Queen I sent my user name via a direct chat, did you get it?

  • i am having issues with two Moultrie modems and cameras I just bought yesterday. Cameras are M40 and A30i all bought at Academy. Installed new batteries and SanDisk 16g 4class SD cards. Both cameras sent test pics at deer lease of me in truck, both have good verizon signal (tower is on the ranch) but no pics from either camera since, not even of me setting them up and walking around. I set the M40 to take time lapse this morning and no pics from that either. Dashboard shows good signal for both but one camera shows 0% battery, which I know is not true, and the other shows 100% SD card, which I also know is not true. My lease is 4 hour round trip away so I need to solve this remotely. Sent email to CS this morning. Thanks

  • Time lapse won't start until something onsite triggers the camera. I found that out last year.
  • I have the M999i camera and a Modem. I get a couple text messages saying that I have new pictures, I go to the app, theres no new pictures.

    I tested camera and modem before going to the woods, all connected fine. Being in the woods for 24 hours now the only message I have recieved had no new pictures. I reformatted card, reset camera and modem this morning and all connected. 3 green lights showed. AWAKE, CAMERA, SERVER. I have yet to get a single picture today. I JUST changed my setting to upload 2day, immediate doesnt work worth a crap. when does the 2day option upload?

    I bought a BRAND NEW 8GB MEMORY CARD SDHC SanDisk just like Moultrie told me to.

    So far I am very unsatisfied with this camera/modem.

    Why isn't this $400 setup working?
  • Also, for it not working correctly it is rapidly killing my batteries??? I know it has a strong signal.
  • @smv0822 said:
    Also, for it not working correctly it is rapidly killing my batteries??? I know it has a strong signal.

    I reviewed your account and your issue is that the modem is sometimes having trouble reading the XML file from the camera. This is what was preventing the images from uploading. We have put something in place on the back end so you will receive your photos even when it can't read the XML. You will need to reinstall your camera firmware and that should correct the problem. Be sure not to interrupt the camera during the firmware update.
    At the end of the update, the camera will go to sleep for just a second then wake up. Once the camera wakes, the firmware is complete. let us know if that solves your issue.

  • Please explain time lapse. My steup works sometimes, sometimes it doesn't. Got a message today that said I had over 1000 pics. that I needed to go to camera settings and either accept or not. I see nothing in settings to "accept or not"!

  • update! at 2:30 this am, sun 10/22 got a message it had 1865 pics to download!!! I bought TWO more data plans Sat 10/21. This data was completly exhausted with these 1865 pics!! I had received NO pics since Fri 10/20. The 1865 pics were taken on 10/20 from 5:01-10:13 P.M. MAYBE had 5 pics of wildlife. One message earlier said I had to go to camara settings and "accept". There is no "accept" option there.
    Sometimes this works fine for a couple days other times it seems to change my settings. I have replaced the data cable with new cable from Moultrie, used several differant cards. I feel there's a communication problem. Thinking seriously of returning the whole outfit to Dicks!! Have been having this problem basically ever since I bout the camera and modem

  • I try to delete the pics via the mobile app it says there was a problem. Truer words were never spoken. VERY unhappy, with support and product at this time. About all thats being accomplished is selling data for Verizon!!

  • @tunaman said:
    update! at 2:30 this am, sun 10/22 got a message it had 1865 pics to download!!! I bought TWO more data plans Sat 10/21. This data was completly exhausted with these 1865 pics!! I had received NO pics since Fri 10/20. The 1865 pics were taken on 10/20 from 5:01-10:13 P.M. MAYBE had 5 pics of wildlife. One message earlier said I had to go to camara settings and "accept". There is no "accept" option there.
    Sometimes this works fine for a couple days other times it seems to change my settings. I have replaced the data cable with new cable from Moultrie, used several differant cards. I feel there's a communication problem. Thinking seriously of returning the whole outfit to Dicks!! Have been having this problem basically ever since I bout the camera and modem

    1. To decrease the sensitivity on your camera, you need to upgrade the firmware.
    2. The camera looks like it may be a little high and the animals appear to be walking under the camera. Try lowering the camera. 3 to 4 feet off the ground is the best set up to get animals.
    3. You can also back it up from the trees a little more to give you a larger field of view.

  • @tunaman said:
    Please explain time lapse. My steup works sometimes, sometimes it doesn't. Got a message today that said I had over 1000 pics. that I needed to go to camera settings and either accept or not. I see nothing in settings to "accept or not"!

    Timelapse takes photos according to the settings. You have yours set to all day every 10 seconds so your camera will take images all day even when nothing is in front of the camera.
    If you want animals it's best to make sure your camera is on motion detect before leaving it.

    You don't go to camera settings to accept or reject an upload warning, when you receive the message on your camera dashboard, you accept or reject it at that time.

  • are you viewing it through the app or the website?

  • Also is it impossible to delete 1865 photos on the app???? Everytime I try it says there's a problem, thanks

  • One last question please. I only want pics when there is motion. Time lapse two has a place to turn it "off" but I do not see it on Time Lapse One. Pls look at my current settings and tell me if it will work on motion only. thank you.

  • edited October 2017

    There's a box that says MOTION DETECT, MOTION and TIMELAPSE, TIMELAPSE. Set it to MOTION DETECT. And SAVE it.

  • I'm a customer and I'm going to put in another plug for the solar panel setup for the camera/modem. No offense to the Moultrie product team, but if you search the internet for them you can buy one for about 30 bucks less than on the Moultrie site. Now that you can get a power splitter, you can use one panel to power both the camera and the modem. I have been using the panels for years and never have an issue with low batteries. Been running one panel on my camera and modem since early September and my batteries always show over 80% charge when I check them.
    With my hunting land two hours from here and known thieves in the area, I take a bit of comfort in the idea that I will never miss a chance to catch them on camera because of dead batteries.

  • > @Moultrie_Queen said:
    > @otarcher Thanks for helping him out!

    Okay so I bought a brand new modem and a30 camera a little less then 3 weeks ago, at first everything worked great then after a little over a week no activity for three days so I call customer service and he tells me I need to basically reset it of course all batteries need to be changed so I do that and everything is looking good again but then this morning only a week later no activity again this morning. Isn't the whole point of this to not have to go into the woods to change things. At this point I feel I wasted money on the modem and batteries, lithium mind you. If I wanted to check it every week I would have just gotten a camera not the modem. Looking like a rip off at this point
  • In my opinion, lithium batteries are a waste of money. I've tried them and not seen an improvement in battery life. I only use Energizer batteries in my cameras and modem. If you're going to keep your system for a while, invest in a backup power source like a solar panel. Between the new modem setup and the old one that is now obsolete, I've been using the system for about 6 years.
    A word to the wise. I learned this through trial and error. The instructions for doing your setup can be confusing and if you are not sure it is well worth a call to customer service for advice before you take your stuff out to your land. Granted, like others have said, you will be on hold for a while and you can't reach anyone on the weekends, but once I've gotten someone on the phone they have been able to clear things up for me.

  • @tunaman said:
    One last question please. I only want pics when there is motion. Time lapse two has a place to turn it "off" but I do not see it on Time Lapse One. Pls look at my current settings and tell me if it will work on motion only. thank you.

    When you get the upload warning click it then when the message pops up Upload or Skip.
    You can only delete what is loaded when in the app. technically all 2000 are not loaded select a few 100 at a time to delete.

    You shouldn't be in timelapse but if you left the camera in Timelapse when you left it and the firmware isn't current it may be having issues. update the firmware on the camera and make sure the camera is in motion detect and you will be good.

  • @otarcher said:
    In my opinion, lithium batteries are a waste of money. I've tried them and not seen an improvement in battery life. I only use Energizer batteries in my cameras and modem. If you're going to keep your system for a while, invest in a backup power source like a solar panel. Between the new modem setup and the old one that is now obsolete, I've been using the system for about 6 years.

    If you live in a place that winters hard, they are worth every penny. Regular alkaline batteries can flat out stop working in very cold temperatures. Once I went Lithium, I had no issues. They last 8 months in my Moultrie cameras, and many thousands of photos...

  • Moultrie Girl, thanks for your help. I have tried several times to update my firmware. I have used 2 differant relatively new SanDisk 8 GB disks. I'm able to load the file onto the disk but everytime i try to update i get a FAIL! message. Like i said, tried several times...the firmware in my camera is from 170127. Is this why I been having so many problems??

  • Thanks, all your help is overwhelming me!!!!

  • @tunaman said:
    Moultrie Girl, thanks for your help. I have tried several times to update my firmware. I have used 2 differant relatively new SanDisk 8 GB disks. I'm able to load the file onto the disk but everytime i try to update i get a FAIL! message. Like i said, tried several times...the firmware in my camera is from 170127. Is this why I been having so many problems??

    Looks like you were able to get it updated. It's now reading 170808
    The most common reason the install fails is if the file name gets renamed. This happens if you download the file multiple time. extensions get added to the file name when that happens.
    or if you drop the file inside a folder.
    .....but Like I said it looks good now.

  • I am getting not pictures on my S D card,for the last month,using two cards trading them out and nothing on them

  • What kind of SD card are you using? Have you made sure the card is not on card lock mode? ost Moultrie Cameras support up to a 32CB SD card from Class 4 to Class 10. Class 10 cards are recommended for higher performance cameras, particularly when capturing higher resolution photos and HD video. SD and SD HC cards are recommended. Do NOT use SDXC cards, or cards designated as “turbo”, “ultra”, or “super speed”, as the speed required by these cards to operate may cause instability in the cameras.

  • Do these cameras still have a "Delete image after upload" setting? I thought they did but I don't see an option for that in the mobile app.

  • Good Morning , recently a new owner . Using A30i camera and have my modem attached for three days . Yesterday I had a picture of a huge tom on the corn at 8:05am. Drove to the stand and he came back in at 8:45. He was there for 10 minutes with no pictures sent. have to check the card later today to see if my camera took his picture when he was back. Now swapping cards? When i put in the new card class 10 8G do it delete on camera to format? Also .... through mobile app ( android maxx ) the information bar at the top when looking at individual photos doesn't work, meaning when i try to tap the back button or the details button nothing works. When I try to send photo via text I have to do it twice before it actually shows the picture to send in text format.

  • I am getting too many false pictures. What can I do

Sign In or Register to comment.