The Moultrie Forums Are Moving!

We are excited to announce the Moultrie Forum is migrating to a new platform and new location! The new forum connects directly with Moultrie’s customer service platform allowing our team to better integrate into the conversation. It is also a great opportunity to streamline the forums and start fresh conversations.

What you need to know:
• You need to create a new username and login on the new forum. Go to https://pradcooutdoorbrands.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/community/topics.
• The current forum will close on October 9th, so we encourage you to migrate to the new platform quickly.
• The new forum connects with Zendesk allowing you quick access to FAQs and even view your open tickets with Customer Service.

Need some encouragement?
• Everyone who creates a new account on the new forum is eligible to win a sweepstakes!
• Look for the Sweepstakes thread in the “General Discussion” section of the new Moultrie Forum. Then, simply post in that thread, “I’m here” for a chance to win a $500 gift card to moultriefeeders.com

Lastly, the Moultrie Team wants to thank each of you for participating in the conversations thus far. You are building a great community in which users can share stories, give advice, and help each other become better hunters. We will be monitoring and helping where needed.

We cannot wait to see you over there!

Thank you,
Team Moultrie

Invalid ID When Activating

Got my MV2 from Moultrie with the rebate and went to activate it and website and app said my ID was invalid. I called customer service and they also were unable to activate it. I’m not really pleased how CS handle my issue. Never heard back today after several hours. I called back late in the day and was told “we are working on it”. Anyone getting an invalid ID when trying to activate their modem?

Comments

• edited July 2019

I received my MV2 that I got with the rebate yesterday (Friday) and didn't even attempt to activate it till this morning and it is coming up as invalid. I only use Moultrie products and am very satisfied when they work but have come to expect issues such as this. It seems like they just can't quite get things figured out.

• edited July 2019

I guess it could be on Moultries end, Verizons, the manufacturer..that ole sim id. I'm sure they will get it right. Surprised you received it that fast. When I activate mine this time, I'll be sitting in some cool AC. In 2016 it was 95 degrees in a stagnant flood plain. I thought the mosquitos were going to steal it before i got it strapped down.

• I cannot get mine to activate at all. Invalid serial number/ID number. I have tried and tried. I emailed them and they said they would get back to me yesterday. Now it's saturday so I know I wont hear anything. Hope I can get it going soon
  • Thanks for the replies. Like I figured they must have shipped a batch of these with with invalid serial numbers. I figured I wasn’t the only one. When I called CS late Friday afternoon I could tell by the tone of the rep this was a known issue.
  • > @donejones said:
    > I guess it could be on Moultries end, Verizons, the manufacturer..that ole sim id. I'm sure they will get it right. Surprised you received it that fast. When I activate mine this time, I'll be sitting in some cool AC. In 2016 it was 95 degrees in a stagnant flood plain. I thought the mosquitos were going to steal it before i got it strapped down.

Donejones you’ve been around since Day 1 on here. They should promote you to Super Mod of the MoultrieMobile forum lolololol
  • @UTGrad said:
    > @donejones said:
    > I guess it could be on Moultries end, Verizons, the manufacturer..that ole sim id. I'm sure they will get it right. Surprised you received it that fast. When I activate mine this time, I'll be sitting in some cool AC. In 2016 it was 95 degrees in a stagnant flood plain. I thought the mosquitos were going to steal it before i got it strapped down.

Donejones you’ve been around since Day 1 on here. They should promote you to Super Mod of the MoultrieMobile forum lolololol

Hahaha. Like a plague that won't go away. :D I try to help out a little when I feel smart enough to have a suggestion. I still remember your setup with the battery box and all strapped to that little tree. Kind of what mine looks like now too.

• I don't know what changed but I put the batteries in it and let it sit for 4 or 5 hours and came back to it and tried it again and it went thru. Maybe it had something to do with commenting on Moultries facebook post asking what was doing this weekend. I posted trying to activate a modem that showed invalid id.
  • I received 2 of the MV2’s on the upgrade program. I’ve only activated one so far and it worked fine. With my luck, the other one is from the “bad batch”. 🤪. 🤞
    One thing I am not happy with is the modem signal on the MV2. On the MV1, my signal was always between 90-100%. When I replaced the MV1 with the 2 yesterday, the signal has only been as high as 38%. One would think if we are being pushed to the 4G modem, they (Verizon) would have a 4G tower signal that we could use. 🤔.
    Moultrie is making a killing off of our monthly fees. Especially when we have separate charges per modem. No reason they couldn’t allow more than one modem per monthly fee. Well—-there is a reason, I suppose; GREED.

Rant over. At least I feel better now. 😉
  • > @TRM_1 said:
    > I don't know what changed but I put the batteries in it and let it sit for 4 or 5 hours and came back to it and tried it again and it went thru. Maybe it had something to do with commenting on Moultries facebook post asking what was doing this weekend. I posted trying to activate a modem that showed invalid id.

After reading this I just tried mine, and it works. Dont know what changed. But all is good now
  • Something got figured out I guess
  • Hey UTGrad, did you try what TRM_1 did ? Worth a shot.

• I was able to activate mine. It still showed invalid when I scanned it but when I manually typed it in it worked!

• I haven't even received mine and i ordered them on July 9th ten min after getting my upgrade codes.

• edited July 2019
    Had the same issue with mine. Took a few days and I received an email saying the problem had been resolved. Got my MV2 activated, made sure it worked (and it did) put it in the field around 4:00pm. Next morning, received an text that the battery was low. 0% low... drove out changed the batteries again. By the same evening.. same song. 0% battery! Good cellular signal too.. not happy with Moultrie right now!
  • @JAPA11 I would definitely reach out to customer service, because that isn't normal behavior at all!

• I reached out to Moultrie. The guy I talked to didn’t give me the warm fuzzy feeling. He told me I just needed to go out and put energizer batteries in it. I told him the first set of batteries were energizers and the second set were Duracell. He still insisted I needed to go back out and put energizers in it.. I thought to myself... even if I put off brand Dollar General store batteries in, it should last longer than 12 or so hours! He then emailed me instructions on how to mail it back to have them check it out... in the mean time, I’m not getting the service of something I’ve spent money on. It’s very frustrating. Not to mention I’ve had nothing but problems with this modem since the very day I received it...FYI.. my cellular signal is 70-80%.
  • edited July 2019

If you only put one battery in it, it should last longer than 12 hours. Lol. I put dollar general batteries in my cameras before turkey season. I'm sure they are all still taking pics now, after taking 300 or more a week, up until mid May.

• Update: spoke with Bethany from Moultrie today. Informed her that my modem mysteriously began to work and show that in fact did have a good battery percentage. She “re-instilled” my trust in Moultrie products and their customer service! Thanks Bethany and Moultrie! Everything is dandy now!
  • Mine keep going back and forth. Both modems have sent a text twice now that states "your battery attached to the modem is low" when I pull up the app they show 100% . Then a few days go by and again another text about low battery, and again check the app and it shows 100% . Don't really know what's going on. They are still working they way they were intended. 🤷
  • @dpekera - what kind of batteries are you running? Are you connected to an external power source?

• @Moultrie_Ash said:
    @dpekera - what kind of batteries are you running? Are you connected to an external power source?

I am using Ultimate Lithium and the moultrie 12 volt box. Just got two more notices about low battery and sending it back per customer service. I'm assuming I wont have the replacement for the MA2 they sent or this MV2 (going in for warranty ) until probably september. I would be ok with this as long they refund me what I paid on the MA2 and the this months payment on the MV2 ( going in for warranty)

• @dpekera - thanks for the info on the battery set up. Our customer service team will be able to get you squared away with everything else.