4g/Hi res data

Anyone ran the 4g enough to know approximately how many pictures are used on a plan on a hi res request? Maybe the megapixel setting you have it set on?

Comments

• I have been running one of the 4g modems for a few months and haven't kept up with hom many images but I activated the new 4g modem I just got and checked it with a p180i I just got also and it uploaded 13 or 14 pictures ( had it set for no delay) and on the app it is showing it uploaded 80 pictures????
  • edited July 13

Doesn't the 4g just show the picture count, instead of the megabyte stuff like 3g? That's what I was curious about. Like an M50 set at high resolution(not enhanced or full) which I'd assume to be around 10 or 12 megapixels. Approximately how many pics it accounts for against the total left when the hi res image is requested. Trying to weigh where I want to place them with delays and stuff. And leave some room to have hi res requests on certain plans. I guessed it would eat up 10 to 20 thumbnails on a hi res, but not sure.

• Been 100+ and new corn. Friggin Coons won't even eat right now.
  • @donejones said:
    Anyone ran the 4g enough to know approximately how many pictures are used on a plan on a hi res request? Maybe the megapixel setting you have it set on?

It uses 35 thumbnails for a hi resolution image is what I was told by customer service.

• > @Bombshell said:
    > @donejones said:
    > Anyone ran the 4g enough to know approximately how many pictures are used on a plan on a hi res request? Maybe the megapixel setting you have it set on?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > It uses 35 thumbnails for a hi resolution image is what I was told by customer service.

Thanks @Bombshell . That's a heck of a lot it seems compared to 3g. Surely resolution will change it maybe.
  • edited July 18

Maybe someone from Moultrie can explain it to us. After using 3g for 3 yrs I've not noticed the data usage being that much on hi res. S50i and M40i were usually set to high in the camera setting, instead of enhanced. Or how lowering the resolution in the camera file affects thumbnails used.

• I don't know the exact sizes, but Hi-res pictures are easily 35x of a regular picture that gets transmitted. Especially at the 'enhanced' resolution sizes. From what I know about how the cameras themselves work and how the file sizes go though, I can say that a per-image count is going to be much more consistent than the data count, as the file sizes can fluctuate wildly based on background, colors, etc.

• edited July 19

I've never noticed it using that much data. I got all my hi res in 3840x2160(1.5mb) last year. I assume that wasn't on the enhanced on an M40i. I can't remember the megapixel setting, but it was one below that I think. Looks like we are going to need the "black and white" option too. lol

• edited July 19

Looking at the file sizes it appears most were between 1.4 and 1.7 mb's. The night pics around 1.1 megabytes.

Dividing the mb's avg'd at 1.5 against the small plans 38 mb and using 35 against the 850 on 4g, they come out about the same with a value of 25 or so.

Thumbnails are 100 kilobytes or so.

Now to figure out how big the file size is on the lower resolution settings. :D

I gotta know how many hi res I can crank out according to where I place modems and how many pics I'm getting.

• @dpekera said:
    Keep us posted

Basically night pictures are smaller file sizes with no color. Lowering resolution is smaller file size. Like @Ninjaneer said, the M series appear to be about 35 pics on high setting. My S50i pics from the year before were coming in at 2.2 mb or so on a 20mp camera. So that would be higher than 35 pics per hi res.

My son says "get a hi res" as soon as horns appear at the other end of a plot, where I need hi res on deer in the background. Scrapes and trails I can cut the camera res settings down some.

• My X7000 is about 35 "pics" on High with a daytime photo.