XA 7000i false triggering empty photos with no animals or people.

2»

Comments

• @Marshaljj18 I would give Moultrie customer service a call on Monday and talk it through with them. They have great CS and I bet they will be able to help you out.
  • Glad I read this topic before sending my upc code in w/rebate. I’ll just return the cam to Cabela’s. 1000’s of pics of nothing and maxed data.

• I ended up calling them about my camera that was taking 100’s of photos an hour. They asked me to bring it home and put it in a dark closet and see if it does the same thing. It took 300 photos in an hour in my closet. So they then had me send it back to them and I should be getting a replacement.
  • @flatfour said:

@CaptainClaptrap said:
    I have XV7000i and was getting a lot of false daytime triggers--probably wind and shadows. I cannot find a "max upload" setting on mine, so what I did is made a 8am-5pm time lapse and set the interval to 24 hours.

So if you set it time lapse for 24 hours doesn't that disable the motion detect for the other times? I would love to only get it to take pictures from 5PM -9AM, but I'm not sure how setting it this way makes that work? Can you explain this a little more or maybe take a screen shot of how you have it set up?

Update. I was wrong about this feature. It still detects during the time lapse period. My initial results must have been coincidence. Now my approach is to set upload limits and skip the daytime uploads that trigger the limit notifications. Not the best, but its an improvement.

• edited October 2019

This is a troubling issue no doubt. My XV has been out for a week and although at first I thought I was get a rather high number of false triggers further investigation actually revealed squirrels or game in the distance. While viewing the low-ris photos I missed the clues but a closer check confirmed 90% of what appeared to be false were actually genuine. This doesn’t explain the guys getting triggers in their yard or closet but it did relieve some of my concern. I do think even when set on low it seems a bit too sensitive. Tough spot for sure, too sensitive false triggers and high data, low sensitivity missed game. If there’s a true issue they need to step up and fix it. It’s more than buying a widget get home and it does’t work. It’s a $200 piece of gear, that typically requires folks to invest significant time and travel to use, only to later find out it’s not working correctly. We drive 7 hours one way to place cameras out and plan week long vacations around info obtained. If they fail it just not just a broken camera.

• Just set mine out today and got 125 photos of beans..cloudy day also. Guess the sky must be triggering it. Set it to one photo every 30 mine but this defeats the purpose of the camera in my opinion. I'm giving it one more day and see how it goes. If not sending back. And will try the cuddelink . Problem with the moultrie is that it's no signal where I want to put around fields either
  • Then I can't get into the damn app to edit the setting half the time
  • edited October 2019

I have a few false triggers, but mostly very good deer shots. See my avatar pic. I'd say I'm getting 95% of deer to empty shots. I have several hours go by during the day with absolutely nothing, then the occasional squirrel. Sensitivity is on high, but this XV7000 is down in the woods, facing north, and there are some sun spots on the ground, but the cam is not pointing downwards much.

I hope I'm not jinxing myself.

• I moved mine to face north on field edge and so far only 2 false triggers today.