Recall A25 A35

Purchased 4 of the A25 and 2 of the A35. Not one camera works. New batteries, new SD cards...nothing works. Did the "hard reset"....nothing! No power, nothing happens when I turn them on. I purchased these cameras on ebay...brand new. Seller says send cameras back to moultrie. Ebay is not an "authorized dealer" so no refund, no help. Moultrie needs to send these cameras back to China and threaten to take their business to Japan if they don't put out quality cameras. I'm out over $200 because moultrie won't stand behind their product regardless of where I bought it. Disgusted!

Comments

• I don't mean to sound insensitive, but it sounds like you got scammed on eBay. I don't know the specific seller but eBay is littered with sellers who sell damaged or illegitimate goods and then push the buyer to the manufacture with issue. i.e. push the issue off of them.

I would file a complaint with eBay. If you used PayPal, you could dispute it that way as well.

Hope that helps.

• Ebay or Pay Pal is asking for trouble.

• There are authorized sellers on Ebay, but you need to do your homework before buying. Sorry you got scammed.

• I'm sorry...4 of the cameras (A25) came from ebay. The two A35 came from Walmart.
  • edited May 20
    Walmart will take back anything they sell, even without a receipt.
  • you probably got some sorta knock-off. some sellers on ebay are authorized, others are privet sellers. you have to look at the person who is selling it. look at the seller and see if it is in fact a, or not a authorized seller.

if it is a authorized seller try sending it back, they should take it, if they will not then poo poo on them. road one, closed.

time for road two, if it is not a authorised seller i would try to dispute it over ebay if you can. then try moultrie again, your out of luck... that's if moultrie will not take it back, which it sounds like they will not. probably because they are older cameras, not a autherised seller, and out of waranty.

@RocklockHunter said:
    Walmart will take back anything they sell, even without a receipt.

@RocklockHunter is right, take the two A-35 back to Walmart if you can't get them to work, if you have a receipt then you should get cash if you don't then you will probably get store credit. keep trying with the ebay stuff until you absolutely cant. sorry that you got some bad cameras, people in our world are getting worse about those kinda things.

maybe get a lawyer involved lol, $200 is a lot.

• just purchased 2, A-300 trail cams. they work really well and take good pics night and day. When one of the cameras flash it's IR lights red, the other does not. I would like to keep the IR lights invisible, since I have them on public land. Is there a way I can make both cameras have an invisible flash?

• @eolsha said:
    just purchased 2, A-300 trail cams. they work really well and take good pics night and day. When one of the cameras flash it's IR lights red, the other does not. I would like to keep the IR lights invisible, since I have them on public land. Is there a way I can make both cameras have an invisible flash?

you need the "i" version. all of moultries cameras that do not have the "i" are low glow, every camera that's "i" has the no glow flash.